The Sentinels it's bringing me out the dark
435 Posts
Ooc — Me
All Welcome 
Yesterday had been a grand day in Sarah's life, because she had found a toy! While digging at one end of the den, where the sand was softer, she had hit a small, white, aged shin-bone of what once had been a rabbit. The bone was so old that it did not hold any particular smell to it, both ends were chewed off already - so from every aspect this was not a useful thing, yet in the little girl's eyes it was a treasure. 

She had played with it on her own and had growled at any attempt her siblings might have made to take it or even sniff it. That night she had slept with it tucked tightly against her chest and in the morning, after having her breakfast, she had picked up her bone and decided to take it outside. She set in on den's doorstep, looked first at the surrounding area then down to her toy. "Wruff!" she barked at it, as if telling something important to it.
Shattered windows and the sound of drums - People couldn't believe what I'd become
1,357 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
snagging!  Goodness we need to name these little guys unless we want to assume ooc :0 I can edit

His children were growing so quickly he could barely believe it, and soon it would be time for them to venture forth and meet the pack officially.  With the comfort of pet names and the craziness of the famine, naming the pups had been put on a back burner.  

He he had not yet set out for that day, and wished to snag a moment before he did.  The others were not around, but one daughter peeped out of the entrance, clutching something to her chest.  

"Did you discover something?" He asked fondly, laying down next to her and taking a closer look.
aiming for Warrior, Guardian, and Advisor specializations
435 Posts
Ooc — Me
ooc: I think that, since we have got so many threads going on at the moment that it is safer to assume that Oss and Dante named them at some point BS.

Father's sudden appearance caught Sarah by surprise, she jumped first and growled, as if to defend her toy from an impending attack. When it did not follow, she settled down on her haunches, nuzzled the bone affectionately and looked up at Dante. Lately their father had spent quite a lot of time with the children, therefore he had soon claimed an important place in her heart. Right besides her mother. 

"Wuff!" she explained with her tail wagging.
Shattered windows and the sound of drums - People couldn't believe what I'd become
1,357 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
sounds good! I'll likely reference it ;)

She was ready to defend her toy, and impishly Dante considered trying to pull it from her. But he didn't wish to upset her, only play.

He returned her wuff with a light "ruff" of his own, then crouched, inviting her to come and play if she so wished!
aiming for Warrior, Guardian, and Advisor specializations
435 Posts
Ooc — Me
Apparently they were not done yet, because as Dante crouched down, Sarah put one of her forepaws on the bone and growled yet again. Just in case he had not understood the first time.

However, he did not try to take the bone and therefore the cub had no need to put up the defensive mode any longer. The pull and desire to play was way stronger. Therefore she pounced at his nose, which happened to be the closest to her.

They then engaged in a happy game of playfighting and chasing each other until it was time for Sarah to nap.