Silvertip Mountain Let's get to it
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
All Welcome 
Steady sighed as he made his way across the mountain, walking off some tension before he had to call Anita. He hadn't really ever had to punish anyone the way he thought he might to her, and he was still unsure on just how much it might take for her to learn her lesson. Maybe she was just unwise to pack life, and needed a quick refresher. Or maybe she was trying to be dominant over Ezekiel, but was going about it the wrong way. 

Either way, it had to stop. Steady paused in his tracks, and lifted his head to the afternoon sky, calling for @Anita. Sitting back on his haunches, he waited, wondering just how she would react to him calling her out on her behavior. 
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~
Feel free to tag Steady if needed. Unless otherwise asked, all threads are AW.

Dazzle me, dazzle me, dazzle me with gold
181 Posts
Ooc — Stella
Anita stopped dead in her tracks when she heard the Alpha's summoning for her. Truthfully, Steady had always somewhat intimidated her, but she wouldn't let that stop her from adhering to his call. Deciding that she should really head towards Steady, Anita tracked down the howl.

A creeping suspicion plagued her--Anita knew what this was about. She grimaced, and continued to walk until Steady was in sight. "Hello, why have you called me here today?" The she-wolf stopped, bowing her head before sitting down in front of him. Except I know exactly why he called me here today. This has Zeke written all over it.
[Image: TBIERmG.gif](5/5) I, II, III, IV, V Incomplete
[Image: TAZ76Qd.gif](3/5) I, IIIII, IV, V Incomplete
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
He didn't have to wait long before she appeared, her head lowered in respect to him. Now, why couldn't she just do that with Ezekiel? His tail wagged in response to her greeting, and he gave her a soft smile. She got down to business, quickly asking why he had summoned her here. In the face of her, he decided to change his tactic, intending to get her side of things before anything else.

Hello, Anita, he greeted. I hadn't seen much of you since your joining, and wanted to see how you were faring, he said. It was true enough, even if he did have a specific subject in mind. Maybe she wasn't adjusting well, and she was acting out because of it. If he could help her, he would, if she wanted it.
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~

181 Posts
Ooc — Stella
Anita looked up with surprise. The question Steady had just asked was not the one she was expected. "I suppose I'm fairing well. This pack is an experience that is irreplacable, and I'm getting to know some of the other members." She answered, hoping she didn't sound too informal.

"I'm still somewhat new to this pack, so adjusting has been a bit challenging," she added slowly. "There are a few things I'm still getting used too, and it's difficult. But nothing troubling." Anita fleeted around what she was really saying--she didn't get along well with a certain member of the pack and knew she had to fix that.

"I would like to learn a bit more about rankings as well, if you can spare the time to inform me." She figured it was wise to ease the conversation into what she knew was about to happen.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
He saw the surprise on her face, but didn't understand why she was. As far as he knew, Ezekiel hadn't talked to her since he talk to him. Unless she knew what she was doing was wrong, and had a guilty conscience. She admitted the experiences she had so far were irreplaceable, and he assumed she was talking about the meeting. He nodded his understanding. With the famine, and so many losses, we're doing whatever we can to stay alive, he said, non-apologetically. In his heart, he knew Zaria would have anted that, and that's all he needed. 

He fell quiet once more as she went on to say that adjusting was a bit difficult, though by her own words, it was nothing troubling. In Steady's mind, it was troubling to him, and that's why they were there today. Before he could bring up the subject, she did, asking if he could teach her more about the ranks. It gave him an inkling that she understood why she was here today. He nodded. I'd be happy to teach you, he said, a smile playing on his maw. 

First things first. What do you know already? he asked. He figured if he asked that, he wouldn't have to go over things she already knew, or he could correct her if it was wrong.

181 Posts
Ooc — Stella
Anita took a deep breath in. What did she know about pack rankings? Probably not too much. The she-wolf thought hard before she spoke, trying to remember anything she had previously learned. "Well...I suppose I know that the higher the rank, the more authority a wolf demands?" Anita took note that that was probably obvious. "The Alpha is the highest rank, and leads the pack. The beta is the second-in command, I think." That was honestly all she knew.

Anita fell silent after sharing the bit of information to the Alpha, curious to see what he would say next. The smile that slipped onto his features for a brief moment lightened the situation a bit, just enough to make the whole ordeal a little less daunting. However, she didn't let herself become too comfortable or informal, which was something she tended to do. "As for lower ranking wolves like myself...we must always respect our higher ranking pack members, despite how they act towards us?"

She didn't mean for that statement to become a question. For her sake, it came out sounding more curious rather than a challenging question. This time, Anita shut her mouth, deciding the next one to speak should be Steady.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
He listened quietly as she accurately described the ranking systems within most wolf packs, nodding at the end. That's correct for most wolf packs, and certainly for ours,  he said, looking pointedly at her for a moment before relaxing again. How much a wolf demands is up to the wolf him/herself. I try not to demand overt submission in most cases unless a wolf is getting out of hand. We're a family here, and most of the time, we're relaxed around each other, he explained. 

You're right in that rank deserves respect, no matter what, he added. I've placed you all in the ranks you are for a reason, and whether you agree with that or not is irrelevant, unless you have some information that will change things. He paused, waiting to see if she would add something there. He did want her side of the story, after all. 

Your knowledge of respecting the ranks is pretty good, he said, before turning his gaze fully onto her. So, why aren't you doing that? he asked her straight up. He felt he had beat around the bush enough, and it almost irritated him that she had enough knowledge of pack life to understand what she was doing was wrong. He almost wished she was ignorant. At least then he would feel it wasn't entirely her fault.

181 Posts
Ooc — Stella
So much for a more relaxed air, which dissapated quickly when Steady asked her why she wasn't putting actions behind her words. She decided to come forth and tell the truth. Anita could tell that Steady was getting tired of not getting to the point. "When I first met Ezekiel, I didn't like him. It sounds childish, now that I say it, but I didn't feel very welcome when he came along," Anita explained, her voice low. "I suppose my ego was getting the best of me--I thought that everyone would like me and I would like everyone back. I also wanted to be accepted by everyone in the pack. But when Ezekiel came, I just didn't feel like he was giving me the warm welcome I was expecting," the she-wolf muttered, looking at the ground.

"As for the teasing and informalities, I can blame both my tendencies and lack of knowing about ranks at the time. After being in the pack for a bit longer, I learned more about the ranks, which was why I was able to tell you about them today," she explained, glancing at Steady. "But I never really stopped teasing Ezekiel. I suppose I saw it as more of a joke rather than an informality, but those two things usually go hand-in-hand."

"Ezekiel and I don't share the same sense of humor, or really the same sense of anything, but I do need to respect him." Anita was starting to realize how informal she must have appeared, talking to Zeke like he was her younger brother or something of the sort. 

"I apologize to the pack and...to Ezekiel too. I will take any punishment and bear it, if that is what you decide to do." Deep down, Anita prayed that she wouldn't be punished. It would not look good at all, especially since she was one of the newer pack members. Despite these thoughts, she readied herself for Steady's response.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
He listened, his expression contemplating with the information he gave her. She was honest with him, he could tell that. He didn't think she could say any of those things and still be lying- it made herself look too bad to do so. And he took that into consideration that she was being truthful. It's apparent that your ego and lack of knowledge started all of this. I know Ezekiel, and I know he isn't the easiest to get along with. But, I also know he is kind to those who are kind to him, he said, his voice stern. 

You've been here long enough to learn, and by your own admission, you've continued to disrespect your pack mate, and that is not something I am willing to just let go, he explained. He took a moment to think, knowing he wanted the punishment to fit the crime. You are demoted to Omega for one week. In that one week, I want you to realize how important it is to respect those around you, whether or not you get along. Having differences by no means gives you the right to harass others. You should use those differences as a learning opportunity on just how you should act towards that wolf that reflects positively on you, not negatively. After that one week, you will work your way back up the ranks, should I see that you deserve to be promoted. He went silent, watching her reaction to the punishment he gave.

181 Posts
Ooc — Stella
The punishment given was something along the lines of what she was expecting. Though feeling shameful, Anita bowed her head in acceptance. "I will take this punishment seeing that it is what I deserve, and I will try to adjust to the rules here," she swore solemnly. She felt as if the label "Omega" hung above her head strung in neon lights, but she couldn't blame anyone else but her. For the one week that she was Omega, Anita knew that she had to get her act together. The she-wolf had to respect Ezekiel, whether she liked it or not.

I bet Ezekiel is going to be so smug when I see him again. Anita could not bear the thought of the male seeing her current state. She hated him for it, but knew that he also taught her a lesson. Anita turned her attention back to Steady. She listened closely, careful not to miss a single word in case she might mess up again.

Anita took a deep breath in, trying to keep her voice level. "During the one week in which I am demoted, I will try my best to get my act together," she said, sitting up a bit straighter. "I hope that I will be able to learn from my mistakes."
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
She accepted her punishment gracefully, for which he made note of. If she was really a dark soul, he figured she would have been angry with him for her demotion. It was obvious she wasn't power hungry, but that she was letting her personal feelings get in the way of the pack hierarchy and rules.

She promised she would use the punishment to improve herself, and Steady gave her a soft smile of encouragement. I think you're going to do just fine here, Anita, he said honestly. I think you have enough self-awareness to know what you're is wrong, you just need a little time to figure out how to correct your reactions to others, he explained, not wanting her to think he thought less of her because of all of this.

I'm going to go on patrol, he said, rising to stand. Let me know if you have any problems, okay? He hoped she knew she could come to him with any issues she might have.

Fade with yours?

181 Posts
Ooc — Stella
Anita was relieved to hear Steady's words of encouragement. She was glad that he thought she was doing fine despite the resolved issue with Ezekiel. She bowed her head again with gratitude as the alpha reassured her. She could tell that Steady was trying not to make her feel uncomfortable, and was glad for that effort.

"Thank you. Hopefully with time, I will learn to correct myself," she said in response. It seemed that their conversation was done here, and Anita had to face the issue of being an Omega by herself. She rose to stand after Steady did, listening to the Alpha speak. "Thank you for listening to me," Anita said, stepping back to let the male continue on with his day.

We can go ahead and fade with this post!