Hushed Willows Last time, I'm gonna put you back together
23 Posts
Ooc —
Joining 
please let @Grace respond first since he's supposed to be travelling with her

Kirin followed after his sister, orange eyes wheeling to keep an eye out for any other wolves nearby. The new situation made him anxious, his body lowering and hunching over slightly as if to protect himself. He would have no trouble submitting to whomever showed up, he already fit the bill.

As they stopped, Kirin howled as he was unsure if he was supposed to or if Grace was going to. He didn't sit, maintaining his protective stance though he shifted slightly over to Grace as if to protect her too.
She Made Broken Look Beautiful & Strong Look Invincible. She Walked With The Universe On Her Shoulders & Made It Look Like A Pair Of Wings.
363 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Grace led the way towards the borders of Hushed Willows, but stopped a few yards from where she knew the actual borders were. Kirin let out a howl, and Grace echoed with a howl for both @Tavi and @Harlyn. Again using the times she'd seen Nova interact at the borders, the russet female had little to no intentions to speaking for her brother other than comfirming his usefulness. She didn't bother to speak yet, waiting for either an alpha or Kirin to break the settling silence. She sat down and licked at her bad leg, smoothing out some of the scruffy fur there but setting her golden eyes into the lands for movement.
all you did will be undone
545 Posts
Ooc — Java
Tambourine required less and less of her time, though she was happy to give it when she was required. Today, with so many bodies milling about the Crook, she was pleasantly surprised by the absence of her son at her side. She spent a few hours wandering between the willows and enjoying the green as it was returning; then, when a call rose, the woman took up a brisk walk and headed for the border. She arrived to the sight of Grace and a dark silhouette, and initially this was a jarring moment — she thought perhaps it was Reek, which was such a random thought that she had to do a double-take. It had been ages since she'd worried about him finding them all.

Grace, she intoned as she approached, smiling to the girl and her companion. Is this a friend? She wasn't so keen on having a stranger so close to the pack. She was a little stiff and defensive, lifting her head and tail ever so little to emphasize her rank to the new face.
23 Posts
Ooc —
Kirin said nothing, given this woman had addressed Grace and not himself. It was unwise to speak out of turn until he was questioned or just spoken to in general. For now he would let Grace speak though he didn't expect her to speak for him, his entrance to the pack would hopefully be on his own experience and not his sister's influence.

The woman was obviously a leader around here, of what kind he did not. Alpha, Beta, whatever it was; Kirin showed her respect by taking on a submissive stance, or more submissive than before. She seemed defensive which was surprising, surely he hadn't been the first to approach the borders.
She Made Broken Look Beautiful & Strong Look Invincible. She Walked With The Universe On Her Shoulders & Made It Look Like A Pair Of Wings.
363 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Tavi was the one to show, and Grace gave the stormy mother a smile, knowing that her normally low-kept body would be no threat to the female. The russet yearling nodded at her alphas question, and gave her the information she needed to give her brother a chance. 
           "My brother, Tavi, and he wishes to join me here in the willows."
Making it clear she wouldn't be speaking for him, her golden eyes flicked to Kirins dark featured face. It was up to him to tell Tavi his skills and gain admittance to the pack, even if Grace wanted dearly to say something for him.
545 Posts
Ooc — Java
Since the arrival of Harlyn and the rest of the group, things had been a bit cramped. They could probably allow more bodies - the green was returning, and soon maybe the herds too - but Tavi wasn't sure about it just yet. She trusted Grace more than most of her subordinates so she doubted this was a trick, yet her brain refused to accept it initially.

A brother. Mmkay, she nodded as she spoke, and glanced briefly at the dark figure, sizing him up as much as she could while the shadows of the willows drifted freely around them. Her eyes returned to Grace swiftly, and with a thoughtful lick of her lips, she reclined to her haunches and pointedly asked, We have the space, and I know we could use him for something. Then again, another mouth to feed... Was another mouth to feed. Can he hunt?
23 Posts
Ooc —
sorry it's short

She still did not address him and thus he still did not speak. Kirin kept his submissive stance as well as his silence, not even bristling when she spoke about him as if he weren't there. It wasn't the worst thing that has happened to him, though he was curious as to what Grace would say given that they hadn't seen each other in quite some time.
363 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
The question made Grace visibly shudder, remembering the long days in which she was not training to hunt but being the hunted: only her hell never stopped, even if she did actually learn to hunt. Not till Hope gave her life.She sat along with her alpha in an attempt to hide it, caught off guard at having to talk again and trying not to blunder like a fool. After a moment, she gathered enough of a sentence to utter to Tavi. Her golden eyes were up at her alpha, hoping she'd turn and question her brother instead. 
          "Yes, he can hunt. We learned together. In truth, I don't know his other skills, I haven't seen him since leaving home very young."
545 Posts
Ooc — Java
But you trust him enough to bring him here? Tavi stated the question firmly, but not with any sort of unkind air about her. She was genuinely curious as to why Grace would bring a wolf like this here. Especially if she barely knew him. Just being related did not matter - well, no, it mattered, but not as much as one's skills. She turned to Kirin then.

If you can talk, then answer me. Why should I let you live here? Who are you, aside from being blood to Grace. Why should I want you instead of someone else? He would be taking up their resources, wandering where the children often played and slept, and Octavia wasn't about to let a stranger linger long within her territory.
23 Posts
Ooc —
Kirin had to fight back a snarl, hating the snarky way she spoke to him. It was instinctive from his long time as a loner but Kirin knew the Alpha was trying to be cautious of a strangers and he managed to smother the urge to growl. 

"I can talk." Kirin assured, voice creaky. "I can hunt and fight, I'd be loyal to your pack." Whether or not that was enough of a reason, would be up to Tavi.
363 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
"I do."
Kirin hadn't ever done anything to hurt her, and had in fact found her here because he'd been worried, right? They might have a very awful father, but she could say something about him: he taught his sons (and, through watching, her) how to be good warriors, good hunters. She might not know what interest of trades he would want to go for, but at least he wasn't a useless lump.
545 Posts
Ooc — Java
I'm so, so sorry for the delay on this! Welcome Kirin! Exit Tavi - I'll title you up!

The woman snorted softly when the dark figure finally deigned to speak, and despite how pleased she was with his voice, Tavi still looked to Grace first; she observed the girl, then looked back at the wolf of questionable nature, and finally nodded. Good. If you're not then you'll be putting your sister at equal risk. If you're really so devoted to her, you'll prove it by working your ass off. Got a lot of empty bellies that could use filling. It was a little harsh, but it was the truth. Tavi wasn't going to be so lenient on every sibling that approached the Keep's lands; she'd already welcomed so many new faces among them, and it wasn't exactly working out for the better. Without further ado, she motioned for the two of them to go on ahead, and then ducked around Grace, heading for the borders for a fresh patrol. Grace, feel free to show him the ropes. If you need me, holler. And you— her attention shifted back to Kirin in time for a small smile to grace her features, Welcome to the family.
23 Posts
Ooc —
Kirin again had to smother an urge, not to growl but to roll his eyes. Yes, hi; I would like to join your pack but be totally useless. He knew it was assholeish of him but didn't really care if his thoughts were sarcastic. He has just found Grace and Kirin wasn't losing her again due to being lazy or careless. 

Kirin moved to follow after Grace, stopping as Tavi once more directed attention towards him. His muscles relaxed slightly, knowing that Tavi wasn't the complete hard ass that she seemed to be and was just trying to protect her family. Kirin nodded, smiling the tiniest bit in thanks before once more following after Grace.

such a bipolar post but anyways thanks!
363 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Grace stayed quiet, but felief flooded her face when Kirin was accepted and welcomed into the Marauders. Tavi's mention of puttting her in danger freaked her out a little bit, but as little as she actually knew him she knew one thing: he cared about her, and he had the skills needed to keep a place within the pack. She gave her alpha a nudge to her shoulder as she passed.
        "Ill show him around Tavi, make sure everything is understood. Thank you."
At that,  the russet girl turned and with a smile led Kirin into her home.