Silvertip Mountain The Sights I Have Seen
586 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Joining 
Look who's back! Finished that project of mine, so I have time for him again!

Finally. After going the distance with a wounded hind leg, he had finally arrived. So much had changed since he left, like the world being bare. There was some green here and there, but he could guess what caused all the bareness in the first place. And he had left when they had arrived.

Stopping at the doorstep of Silvertip from exhaustion and his wounded leg flaring up, he almost collapsed at the border. He tried his best to howl, but all that came out was a soft, hoarse sound. Again and again, he tried until finally at his fourth try, one came out. To keep himself alive, he envisioned the glad faces that he believed would welcome him. The faces of Krypton, Steady, Mason, June and all the pups. And the new faces he was sure to see.
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
YAY!!!!

Steady walked along a trail he had taken a time or two, heading across the mountain. He didn't have any particular destination in mind, but he liked to patrol the territory just as he did its borders. His mind wandered as much as his body did, going over all the changes that Silvertip had been through. From the loss of Fitz, June, and then Solemn, but then the addition to so many new members, to the promotion of himself. If anyone had asked him four months ago what today would look like, he hadn't thought it would be this. But, he was trying to be positive. The growing pack needed a leader they could count on to move them all forward.

A howl brought him out of his thoughts and he paused, knowing exactly who it was. After a moments hesitation, Steady trotted in the direction of the borders. Chaska had let him and Fitz know he would be traveling, and would return, but couldn't tell them when. Steady hoped when was now. His tail wagged in preparation of seeing his old friend. 

A smile formed on his features as he held his body in its newly accepted Alpha position. He approached Chaska, his intent to nudge his shoulder in a friendly greeting. Chaska! You made it back! As Steady's eyes roamed over the other male, he realized it wasn't without harm. Are you okay? he asked, looking at his leg before turning his gaze back to Chaska's face. 
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~
Feel free to tag Steady if needed. Unless otherwise asked, all threads are AW.

586 Posts
Ooc — Cody
At first, he believed no one would answer. That no one would come to see who called out like a dying dying. He wanted someone, anyone, to come to find him and save him from this pain he felt. To shield him from anything that try to give him harm. To see old faces and new.

That's when Steady came, when Chaska felt absolutely weak, barely able to stand. But in his eyes, he didn't recognize the old friend. And when they got close to nudge him gently, he reeled back in reaction, afraid it was someone coming to end his suffering. Then the familiar voice reached his ears, and he knew who stood before him.

A pained grin crossed his muzzle. "Define 'okay'." Before one of his forefeet slipped out. The grey wolf just managed to catch himself on it. Turning his full face to see his friend, his left eye twitched in irritation from the forming scar.
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
Steady had been so excited to see Chaska that he hadn't even taken in his form. But, as the other male spoke, Steady's gaze looked over him and the Alpha noted his sunken form, disheveled coat, and the scars on his face. When Chaska barely caught himself from falling, Steady went to his side, lending his friend his strength if he wanted to lean on him. 

Are you able to walk to the river? It isn't very far, he comment. If Chaska could get there, he could get some water and Steady would attempt to get him some fish to eat. Steady really wished they had a caregiver, as they would be more knowledgeable to help Chaska. Unfortunately, even with the influx of wolves into the pack, Steady knew there weren't any medics.
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~

586 Posts
Ooc — Cody
The grey wolf nodded. He was determined to live just long enough to die peacefully. Not like this. He pushed against Steady, leaning his shoulder on him to get some weight off his wounded leg. "Some mess I am, huh?" This was the worst state he'd ever gotten himself into. Worse than running away from his birth family, worse than that tumble he took back here. And now he would have more constant reminders everytime he looked at some reflection of his face.

"The others still here? Mason? Kryp? June? Zaria and the pups?" Chaska wanted to see them all again. They were the last family he had. "It would be good to meet them again" he said before a pained grunt at another flaring pain in his leg.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
Just like that, Chaska was silently added back to the pack. At least, Steady assumed he was here for good. When they last spoke, Chaska was going to travel, and had every intention of rejoining upon his return. Unless he verbalized his wishes to be elsewhere, Steady would continue to think he was home.

What happened? Did someone attack you? Steady questioned worriedly. If another wolf had fought with Chaska, Steady would round up the males of the pack and hunt them down. He had always been protective of his family, and now was no exception.

As they walked, Steady made sure to match his speed with Chaska's, doing his best not to move too quickly while he lent support. His ears folded on his head at Chaska's question as they reached the edge of the river. Chaska, there have been some changes since you left, Steady began softly. June and Solemn have passed, and Mason went missing after June passed. I took over Alpha and Zaria is Beta now. He knew it would be a lot to take in. Krypton is still here. She's a strong Gamma, he added. We have quite a few new wolves. He went quiet, his gaze on Chaska, wondering how the news would affect him.

586 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Chaska kept quiet. That he couldn't share. It was too hard on him. Every now and then, he still saw those cold dead eyes of a child. He decided to change the subject, hopefully steer clear of that. "I see that the land is healing well. More green. That's something to be excited for."

Unfortuneately, he spoke too soon. When the news of the happenings hit him, he thought his legs would give way. A shudder passed by his back. So the two little ones he had planned to share more tales with were gone. Not only that, but one of the new pups. Chaska had already forgotten their names, but still. 

Even though he felt emotionaly pain at hearing that, he did well to hide that on his face. "I am sorry to hear that. Mason was a good kid, a good leader too. And June, well she was just...June, I suppose. Always adventurous, and kept our hearts lifted with her actions. Would have been great to see them again."
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
Chaska refrained from answering Steady's question, instead commenting on the landscape. Steady's ears flicked back, a sure sign he was a little irritated that Chaska was trying to skirt his question. But, Steady would not force him to speak of something he didn't want to. He wasn't sure what happened, but what mattered the most was that Chaska was back and safe here. I suspect it will return in full soon, and the prey will follow suit, he responded, a sign to his friend that he had let the other subject drop.

The black wolf nodded to Chaska's kind words of the wolves they had lost. I still hold hope that Mason will return. He and June were so close that maybe her passing made him feel he couldn't stay here any longer. I found no signs of foul play, so I assume he left of his own will, he explained. It was Steady's theory, and the only one that allowed him to sleep. The thought of losing Mason, on top of all the others, was just too difficult to stomach. So, until there was proof, Steady would go on thinking Mason was fine, living on somewhere.

Steady sat back on his haunches on the bank of the river. You should drink, Steady advised. I wish we had a healer to help you. Maybe he could borrow one from another pack? They had now real allies, but no enemies, either. He wasn't sure which packs, though, Fitz had been in contact with that would increase their chances of being lent a wolf who could help.

586 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Chaska's tummy rumbled at the word prey. Back where he went further south, the plague had not touched. Outside the Teekon Wilds he had gone. But also back there, food was not his priority. Only when he desperately needed it did he try hunting smaller prey. He dared not try his luck on larger prey. "My stomach seems to like the sound of that."

The gray wolf too hoped Mason was alright. He wanted to see all the old faces he knew here. "So these new wolves. They anything special?" he asked, trying to put on a smile. It hurt his face to do so, but the pain was thought past.

Before Steady could answer his question, Chaska went to drinking. The water soothed his throat, as well as making feel refreshed. He was drinking for so long he forgot to breath. Quickly he raised his head from the water, breathing again. "Thank you."
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
Steady's ears perked when Chaska's stomach rumbled. It was a noise he heard far too often lately. It just reminded him that they were all basically starving to death, little by little. Well, not today. I'll catch you something, Steady said, determination in his voice. He waded into the water, turning so that he still faced Chaska.

He knew it would take a little while for the right fish to come by, and didn't mind talking while he waited, though he kept his voice lowered and even, and his gaze on the water. They seem to make up a pretty good group so far. Phocion, Ezekiel and Makui are the males- Makui being the newest. Niita and Anita are the females, he explained. I sort of have a major crush on Niita, he added with a grin. They all have been diligent on feeding the pups as best they can, and still protecting the territory. Honestly, he couldn't have wished for a better pack.

Out of the corner of his eye, he spied a fish heading his way. When it got closer, Steady dived for it, his head and neck going under the water as his jaws opened. He came back up empty jawed, however, and set himself back up for another try after shaking the water from his fur.

586 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Chaska let himself settle down to rest his injured leg, as well as the fact he couldn't stand for much longer. The gray wolf watched Steady look over the water. He couldn't thank his friend enough for all this. Made him think back to before he left. Made him feel guilty for leaving in the first place. His smile went upside down as he thought about that.

Then lightened up a bit as Steady answered his question. Even a small chuckle escaped him as his dark friend spoke of a crush he had. "She must be special then." He wondered for a brief moment if she shared the same. Would be lucky for her to have the alpha as a mate.

When Steady's mouth came back with nothing, a grumble settled in his stomach. A sigh followed. "Let me help." He tried to stand, but his wounded leg was making that hard on him.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
His grinned turned into a smile. Yeah, I think she is, he commented. Niita had a special air about her, and if he was really honest, he'd say her naivety only made him like her more. She was sweet and caring, and seemed to share his affection. His initial jealously aimed at Phocion had calmed down, and now he could focus more on her and not who may or may not be hitting on her.

Steady was quick to shake his head side to side when Chaska offered his help. No, no. You relax right there. I'll get something, he said, determined. His gaze went back to the water as several fish swam by. They weren't close enough, so he made no move to go after them. After a few minutes, he seen his second chance and took it, diving his head in once more. This time, he came up with a fish. It wasn't very big, but hopefully it would take the edge off of Chaska's hunger. Steady gripped it tightly as he made his way to shore, the fish struggling in his jaws. He hopped up onto land and set the fish next to Chaska before walking several yards away to shake the water from his fur. He went back to his friend and sat back on his haunches, watching him quietly.

586 Posts
Ooc — Cody
"That is good to hear." No thoughts of jealousy came to mind, as he did not care about any of that kind of stuff. None of those ideas came to his mind, ever. He was truly happy for him. And his face and swaying tail showed that.

Satisfaction gleamed in his eyes, his tail swaying quickening as he saw the fih comign to him. As soon as it was dropped, he made a smile of thanks before beginning to eat it, holding the fish corpse down with his forepaws. It was succulent, fresh and still wet. Making it a perfect little snack for him.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
Steady watched as Chaska ate, still wondering what had happened that he had gotten all these injuries. But, he was respectful enough not to bring up the subject again. Instead, he tried to bring up something more positive. The pups will be interested in getting to know you, I think. Especially Odette. She's had a lot of questions about Fitz, and you might be able to fill in some stuff from before I got here, he said, making conversation. 

I'd be happy to help you back to your den, if you want. It might need some clean up, he added. If you want, I can get a pack mate to help you, too, until you're back to one hundred percent. He was babbling, and he knew it, shutting his mouth. He was just excited to have Chaska back. He, Krypton, Zaria and Steady were the last of the original pack, and he wanted to hang on to them for as long as he could.

586 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Fade?

Chaska gulped down the last bit of fish flesh to answer to Steady. "Would be glad to. I will have to remember their names, though. The last month, it's been...Nevermind. Let's just get going." He pushed himself up, this time succeeding. Yet still he wobbled from side to side a bit.

"Thank you. You are most kind. Perhaps you will be just as good an alpha as Fitz was" he remarked, meaning it as a compliment. He wanted to have the old pack back to it's original state, just see it happen. Even if some things were different. One thing for sure, Chaska was not the same. And he would never be the same again.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
Steady smiled, glad that Chaska seemed to want to meet the pups. He had been great with Mason and June, and Steady had every faith that he would be as equally great with Zaria and Fitz' pups. There's Adeline, Odette, and Stoic, Steady replied. Names will be easier to remember once you get to know them, I'm sure. He placed himself next to Chaska, lending him his support once more.

He almost let the comment of the past go, but he had to try once last time. Chaska, you've obviously been through something. I'm here if you want to talk about it, Steady offered softly. He wasn't saying it had to be now, but he did want his friend to know he was here for him whenever.

He smiled softly, Thank you. He was doing his best to conjure Fitz when he was trying to make decisions as an Alpha. He knew he wouldn't do everything like Fitz did, simply because he wasn't his brother. But, he knew he couldn't go wrong by imaging what Fitz would do.

He walked with Chaska to his den, making sure he was comfortable, even attempting to help dig out the den a little to straighten it up. When the other male was settled, Steady would let him know he would check on him soon, and then the dark male would return to his duties.

We can wrap up with yours, or leave it like this, if you like <3