The Sentinels wildwood
9 Posts
Ooc —
Joining 
@Aria and or @Osprey :)

Annabel liked to pretend that she had gotten used to the lone wolf lifestyle. She was fierce, strong, and independent. The she-wolf didn't take orders from anybody, and she was self sufficient. On the other hand, she was plagued with a crippling loneliness that she couldn't seem to shake. She wanted to be with a pack, and yes, sometimes it got a little scary when night fell. And the hunger. Her hunting skills weren't horrible, but they weren't amazing either. Nothing to brag about. Suddenly, a twig snapped from somewhere in her general vicinity. Annabel's ears flattened against her head. "Who's there? Is the raccoon back? I'm getting tired of your games, show yourself---" The she-wolf cut herself off as she realized she had been the one who stepped on the twig. I'm not crazy...They're just my...heightened senses. Yeah.

She continued on, until a strong, musky odor slammed into her like a brick wall. The cream colored wolf came reeling to a stop. There seemed to be a border running for pretty long. That meant that there were wolves on the other side. It's been so long since I've seen a friendly face around here. Hopefully these guys don't mind another member joining their ranks. Annabel's stomach was fluttering in anxiety and anticipation. This was it. No more sleeping alone at night, or eating leftover rabbit scraps. The wolf tilted her head up and let out a howl. It was a little rusty, seeing that she hadn't needed it in a while. Hopefully this catches some attention. Good attention, of course. I'd rather not die today.
845 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Aria reacts quickly, her posture stiffens and her tail arches high behind her. She pads towards the border with her ears perked, her nose twitching to catch drift of the visitor. It was female-- and certainly alone-- good news to the small alphess. 

She pauses when she sees the other-- a cream colored girl with dark green eyes. She was-- perhaps-- older than herself, but the way Aria presented herself gave no indication of her young age. She was a mature leader-- surely this stranger would think so. She dips her head in polite greeting, but it returns to it's still, tall posture-- despite her small size. "Greetings," she says, repeating the hello that Lasher had always offered. "What brings you to my borders?"
9 Posts
Ooc —
Annabel stiffened when she saw the other wolf. She appeared to be relatively young, yet from the way the she-wolf carried herself Annabel knew better than to belittle her. This wolf was an alpha, there was no doubt about it. So far she didn't detect any hostility, which was a relief. Annabel knew that she was smaller and less important than this female. The wolf bowed her head, tucking her tail and letting her fur lie flat. "My name is Annabel, I come from Ester Lake. I mean no harm in coming to your border. If it is not too much of a bother to you, I am interested in joining your ranks."

Annabel did her best to avoid eye contact with the other wolf, but couldn't help but catch her gaze. White eyes? She had never seen anything like it. Something about their strange color was striking. Beautiful but cold. Pretty in a severe way that put Annabel in her place. "I have been a lone wolf for as long as I can remember. I do not want to delve into the messy details, but I have not been in a pack for months. It would do me a huge favor if you would allow me to join yours. I will be obedient and will do my best to help the pack." 
845 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
The pale princess listens quietly, her tail flicking once or twice in the process. She's a loner-- been one for a while, it seems-- and seems respectful enough. She didn't miss the quick glance to her own gaze, but it was thuroughly avoided afterward-- Aria took that as a good sign. 

"Are you skilled in anything? Why would I bring you into my pack, Annabel?" she asks, her gaze narrowing slightly as she studied the other.
9 Posts
Ooc —
Annabel kept her eyes fixated on the ground, her demeanor still submissive. "I find myself to be efficient at hunting, especially with small game that can be difficult to catch." Annabel knew she had to bring out her skills, but made sure not to come off as narcissistic. "Though it has been a while, I have experience with watching over pups. I'm pretty good for a she-wolf who has never mothered a litter of her own." The wolf could feel the alpha analyzing her, assessing her. 

Please don't screw this up, Annabel. You're so close.
845 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
The girl stands for a moment and listens, evaluating the situation with interest. "We will have newborns here within a few months, your skills will come in handy," she says, somewhat bitterly. "You are welcome into my ranks. My name is Aria, and I rule this forest alongside my beta, Osprey. This place is named Donnelaith." She says, her ears pricking. 

--sorry! This is on mobile so it's a little tricky to type out.--
9 Posts
Ooc —
it's fine!

The she-wolf was flooded with a sense of relief. The thought of taking care of newborns was a bit daunting, but she knew that she could handle it. Annabel could've sworn the had heard the tinge of bitterness in the other wolf's tone. She was good at picking up cues, whether it was body language or through another's voice. It seemed out of place, and probably wasn't directed at Annabel herself. Well, whatever it was, I should probably do my best to not stick my nose in another wolf's business. 
"You have my humblest thanks, Aria. I promise you will not regret your decision." Donnelaith. That's got a nice ring to it. Sounds pretty cool!
845 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
"That's wonderful," Aria says, stepping forward and pressing her nose into the others fur and allowing her the same to exchange scents. She steps back. "Follow me, I can show you around," she adds, smiling. She then turns, expecting the other to follow, to begin a rough tour of their gorgeous home.

last for me! <3 welcome!! (: