Otatso Wetlands i'm waking up, i feel it in my bones
dread the day when dreaming ends
1,345 Posts
Ooc — Karmencita
Hi! I'm assuming that Zombie still smells pretty ripe, and using that as an excuse to bring Bazi into the wetlands. :) Even if it's a tad unrealistic!

Occasionally, the wind would cut a sample of wetland scent and carry it south. Each morsel was dank and full of new secrets, teasing the Creek's budding outrider with the the allure of unknown things. But Bazi did not like swamps. She ignored each summons, resisted the pull, and kept her eyes on the mountains in the west - dry, cold, dead mountains that smelled clean, and safe; swamps were synonymous with disease, and the yearling's recent brush with death was still a fresh memory.

It was the distant scent of wolf that forced her to break the self-imposed diplomatic embargo on the Creek's darker twin. She cursed herself for venturing too close; had someone else caught the scent, the threat would have been their problem - now it was hers. Grumbling, Bazi set off towards the wetlands, keeping her head low to the ground. With no natural structures to reinforce their boundaries, the pack had to rely on the constant vigilance of its members - including any unwanted presence in the surrounding areas.

I hate it here. The creek had thinned, split, and eventually disappeared, feeding the greedy bogs that made up the majority of the wetlands. The sun was even less welcome here, blocked by the crowns of strangely formed trees. Everything about it made her think of Lecter. But it wasn't Lecter she found, but an unknown female with the same ripe, rotting smell about her - and it looked as though she was busily sorting through a pile of herbs. Bazi stopped, flattening her ears as a sign that she was cautious rather than threatening, and woofed questioningly at the scraggly stranger. "Are you with Lecter?" This was not a Vale wolf, so the order to assert one's claim of the Creek's surrounding territories did not apply. And who cared about this miserable bog, anyway?
Messages In This Thread
i'm waking up, i feel it in my bones - by Zombie - April 05, 2014, 01:31 AM
RE: i'm waking up, i feel it in my bones - by Bazi - April 05, 2014, 03:44 AM
RE: i'm waking up, i feel it in my bones - by Zombie - April 18, 2014, 09:58 PM
RE: i'm waking up, i feel it in my bones - by Bazi - April 21, 2014, 03:48 PM
RE: i'm waking up, i feel it in my bones - by Zombie - April 25, 2014, 11:02 PM
RE: i'm waking up, i feel it in my bones - by Bazi - April 28, 2014, 03:47 PM