Hushed Willows that's nice, that's a nice sentiment
i'd raise the sea in your name
112 Posts
Ooc — torvi
wrote this quick before bed so i apologize for any horrible spelling mistakes, etc lol.

Buchanan did not have long to wait for his voice to reach Banner and the assassin knew when it had, for when it did she fixed him in an intense, feral stare. He was calm, even while he was not certain that she was, even though it was possible that she could turn her rage onto him. He hadn't survived five fights to the death to not know that he could handle a beast of reckless abandon. Sure, they were the most dangerous: those that were uncontrollable and those that had nothing to lose. But Banner wasn't them and he could not even fathom the idea of hurting her: because he wouldn't. He knew that if she channeled her wrath at him, if she came charging he would let her. He could take it.

Seconds passed as they continued their stare off, and as each second ticked by Buchanan felt the nag of anxiety in his mind. He should have shrunk beneath the weight of her gaze, if only because she was his Beta but he didn't. Not out of insubordination but because he wanted her to see him, in the consideration that she might be able to use him as an anchor as he'd used her as he fought his flashbacks. He did not know if that was what she was suffering from, but regardless he sympathized. He lost control of reality and struggled to tell the difference between what was real and what was a memory.

A few more second passed and Buchanan watched as she came rushing back to him, pressing herself against his chest. The dark wraith accepted her back into his embrace without hesitation. So, she had demons. So did he. She accepted his, she accepted him despite the darkness that clung to his past. He'd done a lot of things he wasn't proud of and in Buchanan's mind she was still a saint, still an angel compared to him. “You're alright,” The assassin cooed to her in an attempt to be reassuring. “I'm not going anywhere.” He promised, unsure if it was necessary but he spoke it regardless.
you are my sun and i am your moon
helplessly, irrevocably drawn to you
there is nothing i wouldn't do for you
Messages In This Thread
that's nice, that's a nice sentiment - by Banner - August 17, 2016, 06:57 PM
RE: that's nice, that's a nice sentiment - by Buchanan - August 17, 2016, 07:38 PM
RE: that's nice, that's a nice sentiment - by Banner - August 18, 2016, 05:38 PM
RE: that's nice, that's a nice sentiment - by Buchanan - August 18, 2016, 06:25 PM
RE: that's nice, that's a nice sentiment - by Banner - August 18, 2016, 07:48 PM
RE: that's nice, that's a nice sentiment - by Buchanan - August 19, 2016, 04:51 PM
RE: that's nice, that's a nice sentiment - by Banner - August 19, 2016, 10:17 PM
RE: that's nice, that's a nice sentiment - by Buchanan - August 20, 2016, 05:23 AM
RE: that's nice, that's a nice sentiment - by Banner - August 22, 2016, 05:30 PM
RE: that's nice, that's a nice sentiment - by Buchanan - August 22, 2016, 06:33 PM
RE: that's nice, that's a nice sentiment - by Banner - August 22, 2016, 07:37 PM
RE: that's nice, that's a nice sentiment - by Buchanan - August 23, 2016, 02:47 PM
RE: that's nice, that's a nice sentiment - by Banner - August 23, 2016, 08:11 PM
RE: that's nice, that's a nice sentiment - by Buchanan - August 24, 2016, 01:58 PM
RE: that's nice, that's a nice sentiment - by Banner - August 24, 2016, 06:55 PM
RE: that's nice, that's a nice sentiment - by Buchanan - August 25, 2016, 12:59 PM
RE: that's nice, that's a nice sentiment - by Banner - August 25, 2016, 05:15 PM
RE: that's nice, that's a nice sentiment - by Buchanan - August 25, 2016, 06:07 PM
RE: that's nice, that's a nice sentiment - by Banner - August 25, 2016, 07:02 PM
RE: that's nice, that's a nice sentiment - by Buchanan - August 25, 2016, 07:37 PM
RE: that's nice, that's a nice sentiment - by Banner - August 26, 2016, 04:27 PM
RE: that's nice, that's a nice sentiment - by Buchanan - August 26, 2016, 05:10 PM
RE: that's nice, that's a nice sentiment - by Banner - August 27, 2016, 10:18 PM
RE: that's nice, that's a nice sentiment - by Buchanan - August 28, 2016, 04:43 AM