Sleeping Dragon didn't know me, you were drawn in
these violent delights
551 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Tracker
Private 
Ever since she had seen her first deer she had been drawn to the geyser field. Curiosity drew her to the area with hopes of seeing the strange creatures again. It was early in the day as light paws carried her down the mountainside and in the direction to the field, determination carrying her quickly.

The sun was just rising as her paws landed at the edge of the field. Halting quickly, the girl craned her neck as she observed the area. She knew that she would not be able to hunt them, she was in this adventure simply to learn about the strange creatures that they ate.
156 Posts
Ooc — Alex
Imma assume Goliath can smell that she is from the pack, since he never met 'er
Goliath had been sleeping quite comfortably, that is, until he was woken up to the sound of some small critter running past. Craning his large, bushy neck to see what scurried past him, it took him some time to realize that it was a pup, and from the smell, one of the Drageda's own!

It was unusual for him to get visitors, so he guessed they must have come here either by accident or to see the geysers, and drunkenly shuffled up to stand, before beggining to walk towards the direction the kid's direction. Was the feeble child hoping to hunt in these fields? If so, Goliath had some bad news...

"Hey!" he barked, trying to call the attention of the pup towards him. "[font]What do here?"[/font]. In the time that Goliath had spent in this area, he began to feel as some sort of 'guardian of the geysers', and triumphantly titled himself, despite his 'Branwoda' rank.
For those who don't know, Goliath's thread titles are bible passages, since his name, (note, not the entire being) is indeed based off the religous character 
   [Image: warrior.gif] 5/10

[Image: gamekeeper.gif] ?/5

PM me if up for any threads revolving trades ^-^
these violent delights
551 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Tracker
The other’s bark caught her off guard. Freezing momentarily, the girl felt the delicate hairs along her spine rise. She wasn’t expecting anybody else to be here, but perhaps she could work this in her favor. Once the initial shock passed, and a question was asked of her, the silver child turned to see the near-by figure. His size alone intimidated her-- she did not pay mind to his simpler sentence in that moment-- and as she looked upon him she uncomfortably forced a grin.

“H-Hi,” she offered, remaining in place. “I-I’m…” she trailed, her eyes looking to the ground as she lost her train of thought for a moment. “I’m h-hunting deer.”
156 Posts
Ooc — Alex
The second she explained her intentions, he broke down into a hearty laugh: "Tiny Pup-" he began, barely able to talk inbetween chuckles: "-hunt deer?" Goliath's booming laughter slowly turned into a sort of quiet cackle. Regaining his composure, he looked over the small ball of fur. Was it really attempting to hunt? A child could easily get hurt trying to hunt-...  

Goliath's smirk suddenly vanished, if that thing where to charge head first into a stag, he would surely be blamed for it's death. Eyeing the pup, Goliath debated whether he would help it, and make sure she didn't get injured, or to simply scare her away.
For those who don't know, Goliath's thread titles are bible passages, since his name, (note, not the entire being) is indeed based off the religous character 

these violent delights
551 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Tracker
Omg, I love Goliath so much. <3

Another surprise was in store for Freyja. Instead of the encouragement she was used to she was met with a booming round of laughter. Feeling the fur underneath her fur grow hot, the pup looked away for a moment as embarrassment overcame her. Though Gavriel had told her that she should not hunt deer alone she still felt as if there were some things that she could do on her own. She could learn about them, see how they moved, and even stalk one if she wanted. Pushing aside her fleeting feelings, she turned to the much larger wolf with burning eyes, despite her own lack of confidence in herself.

“I am not tiny,” she said, a fleeting sense of pride trailing in her tones as she looked up to him. Though most of her initial fear was gone, some still lingered. “I am big an strong and can catch bugs!” Obviously she did not have too much going for her in that moment.
156 Posts
Ooc — Alex
Oml, Freyja is far too cute for me to handle <3

Goliath tilted his massive head, the little one turned its head away rather drastically.. was he that ugly? He jerked his head back when she gave him a death stare, so that's how it was going to be played? If she could be an intimidating little gal, then Goliath would be an intimidating fat fellow if he must. 

However, when she began speaking of her achievements, Goliath turned from surprise to competitiveness, "Ha!" he snapped, "Goliath catch million bugs!" he continued, giving a cheap smirk. Goliath was rather satisfied with his 'comeback', although it was a far stretch of a truth, besides the fact that he was competing with a child..

these violent delights
551 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Tracker
<3

One million? She was impressed by such an accomplishment, yet her competitiveness did not waver. “That’s baby stuff,” she chided, her eyes rolling. “One time I caught one million an ONE bugs!” She lifted her chin to this and a smirk grew. She usually was not one to lie but Goliath had ignited a competitive flame in her belly; nobody would call her tiny and get away with it!

“And,” she added firmly, taking a step towards the other. “I cawght a rabbit an threw him a million feet in the air!” Surely that would show him what a tiny wolf could do! Though she hadn’t been the tiny wolf to do this, she disclosed that information and kept Wildfire’s name to herself. She sat then, her chin still high, and wrapped her tail about her forepaws as she waited for what he had to dish out, still marveling in the heat of their smack talk.
156 Posts
Ooc — Alex
Goliath shook his head, he felt like she had outsmarted him.
He witnessed how she flamboyantly and snob-fully exerted her pride, which made him much more aggraveted than he was before. Goliath couldn't be beaten by a little girl 

Searching his brain for something which could outbest her, something that she couldn't out rank him, he began his boast once more "Goliath catch million bugs" he claimed before lowering his head to come eye-to-eye with the small pup "Me catch a deer,he began, "and threw him a million feet higher." he growled. There was no way this one could find a better achievement. 

Once more satisfied, he lifted his head up high, and glared at the pup for a response.

these violent delights
551 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Tracker
Her pride lingered in the heat of the moment until Goliath got a little too close for comfort. Her eyes widened as he lowered himself to her level and out of instinct she lowered her head. Despite how she had felt mere seconds ago, she now felt defeated under his glare.

She didn’t know what to say to him after and instead she remained quiet, looking up with a quivering lower lip and flattened ears. She had lost, but she wasn’t quite ready to admit this. She also was not sure whether it was defeat or fear that brought tears to her eyes in that moment, but the quick rapt of her heart indication that it was perhaps more so her fear than pride.
156 Posts
Ooc — Alex
omg, poor freyja ;-;
Goliath had been celebrating mentally, and hadn't noticed the extent of his rudeness until he looked back at the pup for a retort. His brashness had gone a little too far, and his small, barely-used brain finally understood that. 

"Stop that" he attempted to tell her, Goliath took it more as a game then an actual fight. Besides, if this little one would go to the pack and say that he threatened her, he would be in serious trouble. Racking his brain for some sort of a solution, the only thing that Goliath could offer as retribution was to help her with the hunt. He sighed, and looked at the child "As sorry, Goliath help small catch deer." he offered, hoping that that would be enough

these violent delights
551 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Tracker
Ignoring Goliath’s initial demand, Freyja’s tears began to roll down her cheeks. She did not like how he had gotten in her face and she wasn't about to wrangle her emotions because he had told her to stop. But, his next words caused her tears to pause.

He was going to help her hunt. Perking quickly, Freyja blinked rapidly to clear her vision, she looked up to the large wolf hopefully. “R-Really?” she stammered, hope trailing in her tone as she looked on.
156 Posts
Ooc — Alex
Do you wanna stop it here?

Goliath nodded hesitantly, if they were to hunt together, he would have to make sure no harm comes to her, and if she got hurt... Goliath could say goodbye to his beloved geyser fields.

He looked back towards the flock of deer that had gathered near the geysers, and he told her. "If small one is to come" he began "do all what Goliath say. Ok?" This was one of those rare things that  Goliath was in charge of that must not go out of control.

these violent delights
551 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Tracker
Doesn't matter! If anything we can both use this for our hunter trades and continue?

To what the hulking wolf said next, Freyja nodded. “Yes,” she replied eagerly with a wag of her tail. “I do what you say.” Her tone grew serious as excitement illuminated within her dark eyes.
156 Posts
Ooc — Alex
The little girl's confirmation was one positive thing to the whole ordeal. Goliath turned around to face the herd of deer, and eyed a single female doe that had strayed away from the group and closer to one of the small, smoking geysers that befreckled the area. Upon closer inspection, he saw it was hopelessly licking a small shard of salt that had stuck to a rock, its eyes slowly crossing inwards to look at its own tongue. 

Deciding that the dumbest target would be the easiest target, Goliath flattened himself on the floor, the fat on his belly barely scraping the grass below him. Hoping that the child would follow him, he set off towards the lonely deer: Crawling at a slow, steadied pace, hoping to take it by surprise

these violent delights
551 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Tracker
She watched carefully and did as Goliath did, flattening herself to the earth as he did. Following dutifully, she slithered behind him and watched without another word, poking her head around his body to see the deer he had targeted. She wasn’t too sure what he would do next, but she waited patiently with anticipation.
156 Posts
Ooc — Alex
Oh my,

Goliath had suddenly come up with an Idea, one of the best his simple mind could come up with. He looked back at the shuffling ball of fur behind him, and spoke as silently as he could "Goliath hide over there" he told her, pointing with his muzzle towards a small drop in the field, where he could easily set himself up. "Small one creep around deer. Scare it, make her come to Goliath." he added, this would surely work. It had to. Without any confirmation from the pup, he already had been once more on his belly, crawling as he trottled towards the step, and waited for a doe to come his way.

these violent delights
551 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Tracker
:o Feel free to play out the deer!

Freyja did what Goliath had asked of her, not questioning the potential danger that could occur from such events. Instead, she slithered away from where she and the warrior had crouched and towards the wayward doe. Unsure of just how she would startle the prey, and how is would react, Frejya made her way cautiously. A mixture of emotions overcame her in this moment-- fear, pride, uncertainty; they all sloshed about in the confines of her mind.

Attempting to push aside these emotions, Freyja finally made her way so that she was positioned behind the deer. Though uncertainty made her hesitate, she obnoxiously jumped to her paws and barked, hoping that would cause the doe to panic.
156 Posts
Ooc — Alex
Is this considered PP'ing? If it is, I'll edit it out :o On the other hand, I believe I accidentally gave the deer a mental illness ;-;
Goliath heard the small bark travel strongly down the plains, the formation of the mountains had enhanced the noise greatly, so instead of a small peep the echo rolled down like thunder. He watched as plenty of the other deer in the flock began running off, while the 'odd' doe by the geyser was the most terrified. Bobbing its head randomly, it began dashing towards his position. Goliath nodded in approval, that was some fine bark.

As the deer approached, Goliath readied himself. It would take one hell of a lunge to catch that deer, but he'd be damned if it didn't work.

Seeing the head prop out above him, he waited until it landed safely, and tackled it successfully from the side. Pushing his entire weight against it, Goliath was eventually able to overpower it onto its side.

While keeping his fat, rotund body ontop, he enclosed his jaw around one of its small, lean legs, and SNAP. He heard the deer protesting, but once he deemed it too weak to be able to hurt anyone by kicking, Goliath backed off it and called out for the pup to help finish and carry the kill

these violent delights
551 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Tracker
Not to me! It looks great! :)

Her call was quick to alarm the deer before her and as they scattered Freyja froze, unsure of where to go. The heard separated in a flurry of panic, their bodies weaving amongst each other as they attempted to flee from the scene. Watching on with wide eyes, as the area around her claimed, she watched the targeted doe gallow towards it’s uncertain demise.

She watched on in awe as she watched Goliath barrel into the creature with ease, taking it down swiftly. But, as he clamped down, it did not seem that the deer was dead yet. When such suspicions were confirmed, and she was called to finnish the doe’s life, Freyja jumped to action and galloped to the warrior’s aide.

She did not hesitate once she came to Golliath’s side and swiftly finished the kill with a swift bite to the doe’s throat. The pulsing of her victim’s heart quickened as blood began to flood into her mouth and soon, as the flow steadied, the heartbeat slowed and then finally stopped. She let go once she no longer felt the heartbeat, blood dribbling upon her chin as she turned towards the larger wolf with a look of wonder in her eyes.

“We did it!” She could not believe what she said-- they had caught a deer!
156 Posts
Ooc — Alex
I think we should wrap it up here c:
Goliath was taken aback by how keen the pup was to ending the doe's life, but he wasn't one to judge, and seeing by the quick and straightforward kill, he could do nothing but applaud the child's craftsmanship with a silent but seemingly content nod. "Small one is strong hunter" he commented with a grin. 

Now, however was the most tiring part of the job, carrying the meal back to the cache. Goliath gestured for the pup to grab it's tail, and he instead sunk his teeth into it's neck, slowly pulling it back towards their destination.

these violent delights
551 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Tracker
She beamed at his praise and diligently did as he said, grabbing the tail of the fallen creature. From there, the duo made their way to the cache with their prize in tow.