Hushed Willows seventeen
i'd raise the sea in your name
112 Posts
Ooc — torvi
no need to apologize!<3

The furrow of his brow only deepened when Banner spoke his name, and then seconds later was rushing towards him. Despite the feeling of severity his docked tail gave a few wags of happiness when he felt her bury her face against his chest. The dark wraith ducked his head to give her a few affectionate kisses in return to the affection she lavished him with. It was almost enough to make him forget that mere moments ago her body language had caused him alarm. Eventually, Banner had begun her explanation starting off with Stark's absence, which had not fallen beneath the assassin's notice but it had been easily brushed off by Buchanan as another searching sweep for one of the missing Ostregas. Banner's next words, however, proved that his assumption was not the case. She told him that her brother — his brother-in-law — had returned with Octavia, the missing Alpha female. Would it not have been for her previous body language and the way in which she spoke, stuttering briefly over her words Buchanan would have remarked that it wasn't bad news. Buchanan held his silence, allowing her to continue on with her explanation that Stark and Octavia had been involved.

And then came what Banner had been leading up to the whole time: Octavia was dead. His mate's voice had taken a hollow tone and for a second Buchanan held his breath. Unsure of how he was supposed to feel. He had not known Octavia and thus he could not mourn her in the same way that the others would no doubt mourn. Perhaps he would have felt nothing at all if not for Banner's inclusion that Stark and Octavia had been involved. Buchanan put it into a perspective that he could understand. His throat tightened and he swallowed against the well of emotion felt for Stark and no doubt the agony he was suffering from. Buchanan couldn't imagine ever losing Banner, but when he did (as unimaginative he was) the mere idea was enough to devastate him, enough to make it feel like someone had punched through his rib-cage and was crushing his heart. Was that was Stark felt?

“I can only imagine how devastating and heart breaking that is,” And selfishly, Buchanan hoped that he never had to find out. “I'm sorry, Banner,” He breathed against her, pressing closer to her. He wanted to offer to help but he wasn't sure how he could and so, for the moment, held his silence.
you are my sun and i am your moon
helplessly, irrevocably drawn to you
there is nothing i wouldn't do for you
Messages In This Thread
seventeen - by Buchanan - September 14, 2016, 01:12 PM
RE: seventeen - by Banner - September 14, 2016, 07:43 PM
RE: seventeen - by Buchanan - September 15, 2016, 12:28 PM
RE: seventeen - by Banner - September 18, 2016, 06:32 PM
RE: seventeen - by Buchanan - September 19, 2016, 02:03 PM
RE: seventeen - by Banner - September 20, 2016, 08:50 PM
RE: seventeen - by Buchanan - September 21, 2016, 07:25 PM
RE: seventeen - by Banner - September 23, 2016, 10:41 AM