Ravensblood Forest Equilibrium Training
91 Posts
Ooc — Nadia
All Welcome 
I want this to be a thread going toward the mercenary trade, so marking the borders together or even a friendly spar. Aster should probably learn how to fight without, y'know, sight XD
The sun had retired and the moon was coming into full view just above Teaghlaigh's claim. As the night began her arrival, so did Aster, for they were one in the same. Shaking free her fur and stretching her joints, she began to expose herself from the well endowed treeline. Her first stop would be the borders, marking them with her own scent behind Arturo's. Perhaps she would come across a pack mate on her track, but if not, the night was still young, and her hour of sight was short.
[Image: tumblr_n0b5qbN1WW1sslmnmo1_400.gif]
it's really not personal
55 Posts
Ooc — Andrea
Cam is a frickin awful fighter, but I'm not a opposed to a spar :D also I haven't met Aster yet!

Cameron was out exploring his new territory, as curious as ever. The boy had always been adventurous, something his father had hated. His father always said, 'all of your quests and journeys, they only distract you from your warrior training'. That was all his father had ever wanted, was for Cam to be a warrior like his brother Luca. And that would never happen. Cam was little, he was tall, long legged, a runner not a fighter. He had plenty of muscles, and was a handsomely built young male, but he was too clumsy to ever make a good fighter. No, he was an explorer, and explorers should take the peaceful route.

He found himself at the border soon enough, though without the scents of his pack mates it would be hard to differentiate where the territory ended. The sequoias seemed to go on forever, but he knew not far beyond this point, they ended and the land turned mountainous. He was tempted to go explore those mountains, but an unfamiliar scent caught his attention. Female, of his pack. He wondered if he'd seen her before or not, so he decided he ought to go introduce himself. After giving the border a quick mark, he thundered off through the forest, tracking the scent with his well trained nose.

Soon he found her, a ghost in the night she trotted along, petite and graceful. He watched her for a moment, his golden rimmed eyes glinting in the moonlight before. Then he spoke, forgetting the chuff to introduce his presence. Oi, why do you mark the borders at night? He asked, bowing his head slightly just to make sure she knew he was friendly and submissive. He had no idea that she was blind of course.
91 Posts
Ooc — Nadia
Already on guard via duty, Aster turned quickly at the sound of another's voice, her hackles raised. She couldn't see his submissive stance; all she saw was a threat. The familiar scent of Arturo was the only thing to lower her temper. Excuse me? Have we met before? She replied curtly. It wasn't like her to be angry, but she was, in truth, frightened. Her heart pounded in her ears, her tail shook above her back. Being born blind meant that she never had to fight, but being a mercenary meant that Aster would have to learn.
it's really not personal
55 Posts
Ooc — Andrea
Cam was taken aback by the ghosts response. He hadn't thought that he'd come on in a rude or frightening way. Besides, could she see him? He definitely didn't have the face of an attacker, not to mention he specifically had made himself look submissive so as not to frighten her. Cam was a quick judge, and he wasn't fond of Casper the not so friendly wolf. No we haven't. But I've seen you round. I'm part of the pack if you didn't notice, and I'm trying to be nice so you can drop the attitude. He said with a slight sharpness to his tone. He just couldn't help himself.

Still in a submissive position, he ebbed forwards just the slightest, wondering if she just had bad eyesight or something. I'm Cam. He offered, red tipped tail swinging behind him.
91 Posts
Ooc — Nadia
Taken aback by the snarky response, Aster released a low rumble. She could make out his patterns of movement just enough to see that he was moving closer and she didn't like it. Stay back. I know you're a pack wolf but you're getting too close. I don't want to have to cause any trouble. It was a threat delivered as a warning, for Aster had no way of knowing that he meant peace. All she knew was that she was alone at the border and that a stranger was getting a bit too close for comfort. I need you to back away. Her hackles remained raised though her tail began to drop from its dominant standing.
it's really not personal
55 Posts
Ooc — Andrea
The female clearly didn't want him near her, her threat was issued and understood. Cam had meant no harm to her, but now he was gonna hold a grudge. He nodded, stepping back, tail tucked a little. Jeez Louise your not very friendly are you? I'm not trying to cause trouble, just wanted to meet you that's all. He said, giving a pause to gauge her reaction. If she continued with this whole freaked out growling thing, he'd just turn and leave. But for now his curiosity was enough to make him stay.

Do you have a name? Or should I just call you grouchy? He asked, with a slight chuckle at the end. He didn't mean any real harm by his jests, he was still simply testing the water to see how far he could go.
91 Posts
Ooc — Nadia
Aster took a deep breath before slowly lowering her hackles. I'm Aster. You? She scolded herself internally for giving in, but it was obvious that the male was no threat. Can you...can you come closer to this side? There isn't enough light for me to see you. A short laugh escaped her maw before she continued, That's why I do my work at night; it's when I can see. Well, I still can't see much but it's something. 
Though instinct told her she'd already shared too much, Aster continued on, You scared me, is all. I'm sorry. Again with the apologies! That was something she'd have to work on if she was to ever be taken seriously, but for now, she just wanted to make a bad thing right.