Stone Circle Pizza Party Madness
586 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Chaska went walking, wanting to see how @Grayday was fitting in. After their last talk, he wanted to make sure that Day was doing better than how he used to be. If not, Chaska would take lengths to change that discreetly with advice, or maybe even storytelling. That worked a lot for him. So he sought out Grayday, hoping he was in a good mood.
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Grayday's mood was, well, complicated. On the one hand, he was getting ready for the journey that would decide his fate for the rest of his life: Would Amber be pregnant and give him the cubs he'd always hoped for, or would he spend the rest of his life without children of his own? The question itself was daunting, but Day had always been willing to hope for the best. It was what he was good at, and now was no different. He hoped Amber was pregnant, and thoughts like that caused his mood to soar for hours on end.

And then there was Philos - the bane of his existence. Day wouldn't quite give up his unborn children to be rid of the man, but he sure was annoying as hell. Laughing with Addie, spending unsupervised time with her and interacting with everyone else like it was all perfectly fine. (Grayday failed to realize that Steady would probably be more wary of him if he'd been able to hear his Gamma's thoughts.)

Luckily, when Chaska ran into him, he was thinking more about Amber than anything else.

"Hey, Chaska," he said with a broad grin and a friendly wag of his tail. "How're you liking the new territory?"
[Image: CYEyvJP.png?4]
What's Mine is Ours
586 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Chaska found Grayday, and was glad he was in a good mood. From what he could see physically and hear, that is. "It's good, I guess. No mountains to fall down. What about you?" He didn't say the reason for coming to find Grayday. He just wanted to chat, that was all, check up on his friend.

"Have you adjusted more since the last time we spoke?" he asked, tipping his head to one side.
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Day's ears flickered at the mountain comment, but he thought no more about it than his own experience ranging the territory. Mountains were not the easiest. Their field was much more convenient - easier to travel over, easier to find your packmates, and nicer to look at, too. Day nodded amiably in response to that, but started slightly as Chaska seemed to get straight to the point.

Tail wagging sheepishly, Day gave another easy nod. "Yeah, I... got some perspective," he explained, thinking about his journey to the fen. He wasn't sure what exactly had happened there, or if he was still riding the high of possibly having cubs, or if it was a lingering side-affect of Deirdre's healing. "A lot of good things have been happening, so that helps. The move, too - it feels good to start fresh. I even made friends with Valette."

Well. He hoped they were friends, now. If not, he didn't think he'd survive the true process. Such thoughts brought a chuckle out of him.
What's Mine is Ours
586 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Chaska smiled lightly. Day sounded like he was having a good time starting fresh. "That is good to hear. I am glad you are able to start fresh." Chaska wasn't one to know of some of the latest gossip unless told, so everything with Grayday he knew nothing about. 

"I still have yet to meet Valette face to face" Chaska replied. Something he should do soon. "How is she? And what has been happening with you lately?"
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Day held back on his urge to say that she was fine, but a little bossy. She was more than that, and he thought to leave Chaska with a better impression of her than she'd first left on him. "She's kind and clever and she's... she's got a big personality," he said with a grin, feeling that this was an apt description of the woman, and not one that would get him in trouble with anyone.

When Chaska asked about him, however, Grayday did not have to pick and choose his words. He was bursting with the news, and felt that, by telling anyone and everyone, he might make his hopes come true.

"I don't know if you've heard about it - but I might be a dad, soon," he explained, trying not to sound too much like he was bragging, even though he was, a little. "I met a girl while I was out doing something for Steady, and, well, one thing led to another...."
What's Mine is Ours
586 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Chaska nodded his head along. Sounded like he would get along well with Valette. In fact, he didn't know a single wolf in all his time with Silvertip Mountain or Easthollow he hadn't gotten along with. For some reason he found that odd for a moment, but he let it slide as Grayday went to talk about how he was doing.

And boy, was Chaska surprised. His brows lifted inquisitively. "One thing led to another, huh? Could she be the one for you?" He did guess that whoever this girl was, they weren't part of this pack as Grayday said he was out.
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Still grinning, Day shrugged one fluffy shoulder and sat down beside the other male. He didn't know if Amber was the one for him, but he knew enough. He knew that if she had his kids, he'd stick by her 'til the end - or at least until they were all grown.

Instead of answering directly, Day decided to tell him more about his mysterious lover. "Her name's Amber," he said, pausing when he realized there was not much else to say. She had black fur and blue eyes and a tail. Chuckling to himself, he continued, "She's from a pack in the Hinterlands called Silver Creek. I'm going to go back and see her in another week or so. We were going to raise the kids there, but after I told Steady and he said she'd be welcome here... well, I'd rather stay with you all."

Only time would tell if he'd be able to convince her to come back with him. If she made this concession, he felt that there was very little else he would try to ask of her.
What's Mine is Ours
586 Posts
Ooc — Cody
An interesting name. Chaska sat by his packmate and listened. He expected a description like what some lovestruck wolves would say, talk about looks and personality. But only name came from Day. It was his business, not Chaska's, to know what she looked like. 

"You sound very interested in her. And if you both come back here, I would gladly help out a friend in any way possible." He paused for a moment. "So is it her looks or personality that got you first?"
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Grayday's smile turned a little wry as Chaska further inquired about Amber and his attraction to her. Her scent, he wanted to say, because it hadn't taken looks or charms to get him interested in her. But he didn't want to get into that sort of conversation with Chaska, and there were answered that were equally as truthful without being lewd.

"We both wanted kids," he said after a moment, wondering about Chaska's views on love and mateship. "She's a nice girl from what I've seen, and damn beautiful, honestly. But we both wanted kids, and she was willing to have them with me."

It seemed kind of callous to him, now, but he wasn't about to start regretting it.

"This year is my last year," he admitted, wanting to make his situation clear. "My eyes, you know? I can't raise kids if they keep getting bad. This is the last year I feel like I should try. After that, it just won't be safe for them."
What's Mine is Ours
586 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Chaska guessed it was both looks and personality, not taking into account that it could simply have been heat. "That is great to hear. I am sure that if you put your mind to it, you will be a great father." Even though Chaska didn't know a thing about fathering, he wanted to be supportive. The only thing he knew was that pups were playful and liked a little adventure here and there.

But the tone of things went south when Grayday mentioned his eyes. Chaska thought nothing of it, not until now. It became clear what he meant. "You mean, your sight will...I am sorry to hear that Day. Being without sight, I..I don't really know what to say."
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Backpedaling somewhat, Day sought to ease the conscience of his friend. "I did go see a healer about it the other day - she gave me a few tips to keep it at bay. I'd still rather be safe than sorry - but it's not a big deal."

It was, but it wasn't the biggest deal. There were other options. Well, not options so much as consolation prizes.

"You all are still my family, after all - one of you is bound to have pups one day. Good luck keeping me from spoiling them then," he said teasingly, ducking his head and flicking some morning dew at the other male with the tip of his nose. "Betchya they'll like Uncle Day more than Uncle Cha-cha." Not really, of course - he was sure it would be an even race, but they could laugh about it now. They all needed some laughter.
What's Mine is Ours
586 Posts
Ooc — Cody
"That's good" Chaska said in reply, his voice filled with relief. To know he was doing something about his sight was a good thing to hear. To him, going blind was a big deal. But that was his opinion that he would hold back on his tongue.

Chaska felt the morning dew splash across his face, making some of his fur wet and his nose twitch and tickle. But it didn't bother him. If they were in a lake, then he would have splashed back. Chaska reacted with a witty grin to his words. "Oh, really? Do you know excellent tales?" He knew it was all out of fun, and he joined in.
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Chaska took the jab in stride, coming back with a tease of his own. He was glad that the man had not taken offense, and it lifted his spirits even futher to know that such easy camaraderie was availible in Chaska.

Heart swelling, Day hoped once again that Amber could be convinced to come back with him. He didn't know if he'd be able to leave these wolves behind.

"No, but I'll let them get away with everything," he shot back, grinning slyly. "Blind uncle Day can't tell if they're getting up to mischief - you'll have no excuse."
What's Mine is Ours
586 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Chaska almost laughed. It was entirely true, and basically Grayday could get away with letting them get away. "Okay, I guess you win..." Thinking this friend of his might not come back, it made him rather sad all of a sudden. 

"If you can't convince her, make sure to visit, all right?" He would love to hear all about the things Day's children get away with. He could maybe even teach him some bedtime stories to get them to sleep.
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
The change in mood was palpable; not exactly sad, but bittersweet to be sure. Day was aware that there was a stepping-off to be done in the near future. Even if he stayed here, he'd be graduating to a new role, at least in his own mind. It was time to leave childish things behind and take on the mantle of fatherhood, should the Cat and Calf choose to bless him so. Else, he would forever remain Uncle Day, and he would have to make his peace with that.

"I'll be in touch," he promised, bumping his nose against the other's shoulder and giving his nose a quick lick. "Even if it was just for you, I'd come visit. But with everyone - Steady, the kids, Addie..."

His expression turned slightly sour as he remembered the last time he'd seen her - with Philos - but he quickly pushed that aside.

"Well, you'll hardly be able to keep me away," he said with a laugh.
What's Mine is Ours
586 Posts
Ooc — Cody
"Good luck, wherever you go." He went to nudge Grayday in a friendly way, if a kind of farewell. Whether he came back ever, that was his decision. But Chaska knew that he would be welcome back. Or at least that's how he saw it. Just as how Steady had promised Krypton a place to come back to, he would surely do the same for Grayday.

He turned away, dipping his head in farewell and leaving the scene.
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
"You too," Day echoed, tail waving faintly as Chaska took his leave. With any luck, they would both have their happy lives here at Easthollow. He'd go where life took him, but if there was a choice, he would always choose this.
What's Mine is Ours