Ravensblood Forest Just Give Me A Reason, Just A Little Bits Enough
he's raised on the edge of the devil's backbone
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
Going to wrap this up. Slight pp of Chusi with permission from Marie.

[table width=85%][tr][td]
Chusi re-aligned herself so that the side of her face was pressed against his chest, though Arturo was unsure whether the girl sought comfort or she sought to keep him in check. She needn't bother if it was the latter. Arturo had made his position clear to Zephyr: if he came near their borders or in the surrounding territories of Ravensblood Forest he would be killed. The kill order would be sent out to the wolves of Teaghlaigh and Ceannasach knew that they would not disobey him. For if they did they would suffer the same fate. Zephyr deserved the death threat on his head. He had indirectly insulted Chusi and hurt her — thus he had indirectly insulted and hurt Teaghlaigh. Besides, any man who truly loved his child would not so willingly turn his back on her. His unspoken i love you hung in the air, eliciting a scoff from the gangster. Running away, refusing the second chance wasn't love. It was cowardice. It was (or so Arturo believed): things didn't go my way so I'm going to throw a pity party and if things still don't go my way I'm going to run away'. Arturo was disgusted and though it did not show on the stony, angered expression of his face he was glad that Chusi had told him to leave.

Despite that he knew that she was hurting, and as if she were his own flesh and blood he hurt for her though he knew that he could never shoulder the pain and rejection she was now faced with. If he could, he would take the burden from her. Arturo had learned long ago to conceal, don't feel manipulate pain to make him stronger. This, too, would make Chusi stronger. As far as Arturo was concerned it showed Zephyr's true colors to the girl. It was a shame because Arturo would not have intervened if the the meeting would have went differently. He would have let them rediscover their battered and broken relationship with one another. If Chusi would have began to think of Zephyr as a father opposed to her Arturo wouldn't have fussed about it. He would always be her Ceannasach, her mentor. Yet, it had gone rather unfavorably and though he was not disappointed Chusi remained his ward.

Arturo watched Zephyr leave, fully intending on following him to ensure he fled even their surrounding territories, but was not so eager to leave Chusi. Without another word, when her ex-guardian was out of sight she pulled abruptly away from him, turned tail and ran into the heart of Ravensblood. He glimpsed over his shoulder to watch her, deliberating. For a moment Arturo was torn, but in the end decided to let her be, to let her have her time to herself to process. They would talk about it later, when she was ready. Thus, he followed Zephyr's trail closely, only doubling back to finish his patrol once he was certain that the male was gone.
[/td][/tr][/table]
wreathed in iron and in fire
i bare my bloody teeth
and only pity makes my strike so clean
Messages In This Thread
RE: Just Give Me A Reason, Just A Little Bits Enough - by Arturo - October 21, 2016, 03:48 PM