Ravensblood Forest mercenary #1.1
91 Posts
Ooc — Nadia
Read Only 
With the moon at rise and the sun beginning its descent, Aster slowly crept from the shadows into the dimmer light of the evening. Though her sight had left her almost completely blind, the last of it thrived in the gentle light of night. The time she'd spent in Teaghlaigh felt wasted to the she-wolf, for she knew she was expected to play her part. Just, what exactly was it?
Aster took a round with the borders, making a clear line around the pack's territory. Occasionally, there were snaps in the trees - small creatures dashing through the dying foliage. She kept watch of the land around her as she went about her business. This was something she could do...at least, the maintenance aspect. She would more than likely need another wolf with her in the case of an attack, but if this was her most valuable skill to Arturo then it is what she would do.
[Image: tumblr_n0b5qbN1WW1sslmnmo1_400.gif]
he's raised on the edge of the devil's backbone
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
[table width=85%][tr][td]
Arturo had been sweeping the borders in a routine patrol when he'd came across a familiar, female scent. There was a slight cause of surprise as he easily identified it as Aster's. Surprised but impressed. He understood that her inability to see was likely to make things he expected of her hard but the fact that she was out at the borders despite her disability showed great tenacity to the Fearghal monarch. He both appreciated and admired it. He altered his course so that his path would connect him to her's and a few feet later came upon her. Ceannasach let out a low chuff of greeting to announce his presence to her though he had little doubt that she had likely known he was nearing even before his greeting. “Aster,” He greeted her by name next as he made to match her pace. “How are you settling in?” It was a question the gangster had asked many times and no doubt would ask many times yet to come but no matter how many times it left his lips it was always sincere. Arturo was as interested in their well-being and moral as he was his own.
[/td][/tr][/table]
wreathed in iron and in fire
i bare my bloody teeth
and only pity makes my strike so clean
91 Posts
Ooc — Nadia
With the aid of the moon's shimmer and the fresh twinkling of the stars, Aster had begun to see what was hidden to her in the day. Namely, Arturo as he approached her and called out a greeting. She smiled and gave her most genuine reply, I'm great, actually. The moon's up now so I still can't see much, but I can see a lot more, and from what I can tell, this place is beautiful. 
Aster tried matching her grey eyes with his before sitting back on her haunches. How are you? she asked. She figured a conversation would be nice before she got into the nitty-gritty. I wanted to talk to you about my place in the pack. I could be maintain borders but as you know, my sight is quickly leaving me. If I had another wolf on patrol with me... she began. It wasn't a job she couldn't do, by any means, but the effectiveness of her defenses was questionable. 
If not, she quickly added, I can hunt small game, but I'd be better at night, so I'm not sure how well that would go either. I can hunt in the day but not for long. My eyes are too sensitive for the sunlight. At the end of her claim, she hoped she hadn't turned Arturo off from having her in the pack at all, but all she could do was await his verdict.
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
Though he knew his companion couldn't see it the gangster gave a self-satisfied nod when she responded that she was great. That was good. That was what he liked to hear. “I've heard that beauty is in the eye of the beholder,” He did not speak it to be insensitive, only to state. “some call our home beautiful and others call it a curse. But for Teaghlaigh it has been a blessing.” Old wives tales did not phase him. He did not put stock into the supernatural and the superstitious even though his mother had. “These sequoias are sentinels, stretching heavenward. They are archaic and strong. I can think of no other place for us to thrive.” The sequoias would keep them sheltered, draw in prey and though he did not believe in such things he contemplated that the legends surrounding their home might help to ward off the unwanted. Reputation could build or destroy empires — this Arturo knew well.

“I am well, keeping busy,” Arturo responded honestly, watching as she settled upon her haunches. The Ceannasach remained standing. With their pleasantries out of the way Aster got down to business without delay. “That can be arranged,” The gangster spoke, willing to accommodate her as needed. Perhaps when Chusi had some more experience under her belt he could broach the idea of accompanying Aster to his young ward; but not while she was still training. “You hunt when you are most comfortable. I'm not expecting a full grown elk. Anything helps to fill the cache, and when the pack hunts you can remain with the children.” There were always ways around it. He didn't care how so long as she contributed and helped out where she could. If patrols were too much for her he wasn't going to force it. Teaghlaigh's ranks were filling and he did not feel the need to apply pressure.

Arturo tried not to be an unreasonable man. He did not always succeed but he tried; and blind or not Aster was apart of The Family, and The Family took care of it's own.
[/tr][/td][/table]
i bare my bloody teeth
91 Posts
Ooc — Nadia
Aster released a sigh of relief with Arturo's words. He made it clear that she could still prove her value, regardless of hoops she might have to jump through. I have to let you know how grateful I am. I'll try my best to do whatever I can. Once his final word had been uttered, Aster would continue on her route and finish marking the border. Perhaps she would look to see if she could catch something while she was at it. After all, the night was still young.
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
“Just contribute what you can, that's all I ask.” It wasn't anything he would not do himself. He was not the type of man to expect his wolves to do things that he, himself, wouldn't do for the pack. Granted, as their leader he did more than he expected of them but that was all apart of the job. It was a job that Arturo Fearghal did not mind. He felt he did his best under the weight of responsibility and he enjoyed being Ceannasach. “I'll accompany you for the rest of your patrol.” He told her, not giving her the option to decline as she had just told him that she would need another to patrol with her. “Come on,” He encouraged softly, though she was eager enough to continue forth with her patrols with Arturo lingering near by, stopping here and there to add his own scent mark to them where he felt it was needed before the pair parted ways with one another.
[/td][/tr][/table]
i bare my bloody teeth