Blackfeather Woods Hello Darkness My Old Friend
447 Posts
Ooc — Chey
All Welcome 
//meet and greet Dak?

Dakarai had recently joined the pack as a Tyro, and so the goal of finding a place to rest his head was fulfilled. Now he would have to earn respect, or at least a better place within this pack so he wasn't chased away  or worse, killed. Vivid blue eyes contrasted against his obsidian pelt, as he walked through the territory, ears swiveling to pick up the sounds around him. This pack seemed harsh,tough, and even violent from what he could tell and with a quick smile to himself, he knew that was what he needed. A change from the kind gentleman he once used to be, the brute who allowed everyone to walk over him. Huffing a sigh he continued forward, trying to familiarize himself with the new territory.
burn.
144 Posts
Ooc —
He did not know this one.
As he stepped in the path of the other, it struck him that he was new. he hadn't smelled him before in the wood, nor had he been at his mother's side to accept the stranger.
a trespasser? 

the boy stared at the other, emotionless features growing cold as his lips lifted to reveal needle sharp teeth, and though he was dwarfed by the other that did not stop his malice. without his foolish oaf of a brother by his side, perhaps he would succeed in driving this male away.
447 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Dakarai was immediately aware of the young one's presence, and he truned to look at the boy, gaze calm and calculating. "Easy there. I am under the rank of Tyro, i joined very recently" he said, voice level. Not sure if he was supposed to submit to a pup, he simply lowered himself a small bit, ducking his head enough to show respect, but to also keep an eye on him. "Damien let me in" he added, hoping the fact that he knew the leader's name would show he was part of the pack. "You have guts, Not something you see very often in a young wolf. Its very rare, and a good thing." he complimented, eyes studying the pup who was eyeing him agressively.
burn.
144 Posts
Ooc —
a tyro. a generic member, yet to prove himself, this he knew. yet this was one of the members he did not know, having not been the Raven judge at his joining. as if to validate himself, the male added the name of damien to his string of words, and the boys teeth were soon hidden again as he continued to stare. his expression was cold, emotionless, as he watched and he judged. this male had not yet said anything worthy of words on his park, and thus he remained silent, his obvious understanding only expressed in the slow retreat of his outright aggression. 

the other complimented him, and he felt nothing. yes, he was brave. what of it? the boy had little pride within him, and compliments he remembered yet did not gain from. his gaze turned questioning a moment, yet there was a hardness behind it. the male had failed to introduce himself. perhaps, should he say someting of note, the boy would speak. yet this was rare, for he had only done this twice before, and was unlikely to do so unless prompted by something of importance.
447 Posts
Ooc — Chey
The silent gaze of the young male was making Dakarai a bit uncomfortable, though he felt relief as the tiny fangs were once again hidden. Shifting his weight slightly, Dakarai opened his mouth to speak once again "My name is Dakarai. I left my old pack after they killed my lover. I had been searching for a stronger pack, one where i could prove myself worthy to everyone. i hope i have found it, this pack seems like a tough one. I am not afraid however, for i grew up in blood." he said, his eeys darkening for a moment before he realized it was a pup who he was speaking to. "Nevermind that. Would you like to join me? i am trying to get the lay out of the territory" he asked.
burn.
144 Posts
Ooc —
perhaps a bit much to reveal to a young child, yet Abraxas, though the meaning of some things were lost to him, understood others. a lover, some of his phrasing, were alien to him. yet other things he understood, and he stared unblinkingly at the male a moment longer, deciphering his last sentence a few moments longer before simply guessing in the meaning of the sentence and ignoring all the parts the boy did not understand. he did agree nor disagree with the question, yet spun and with a twitch of his tail beckoned on the male as he often saw his parents do. 

the swamp. he would lead the male there, the place that mother said to not go near, where adders and hunting birds and dark things dwelt. he had obeyed, watchings but never treading within the place, yet today he was drawn there, and whether or not the odd male followed him he did not care.
447 Posts
Ooc — Chey
The pup had turned and beckoned him forth, to follow he assumed. "alright then...Sure thing" He said and followed after the quiet pup. Wondering where they were going, he was unaware that the place was forbidden to the pup. Not a smart one Dakarai was, but still he followed the young male.
burn.
144 Posts
Ooc —
the swamp. as the boy had walked, he had pondered the male's words and what they meant. finally, when they reached this part of the wood, the last dry part before it faded into the murky, obscure swamp. the boy stared into the void that was the swamp before turning back to the male, gaze resolute. the swamp could wait. he knew what he wanted now.

"You can fight. teach me." it was not a question, but a statement, and the male would not, could not, disobey. his ice gaze was hard as he stared at the other, though a single word of approval would have his gaze soften, his ears perk in alertness should instructions be forthcoming.
he would not speak again.
447 Posts
Ooc — Chey
The words had taken Dakarai aback his eyes staring into the cold ones of the pup. It would seem that he had been ordered, not asked. Seeing no problem with a pup wanting to fight he nodded voice responding "Very well. I won't go easy on ya, but you won't be harmed either"  he agreed readily. "Since you are small and I am big, offensive techniques won't help you. You have speed and maneuverability on your side. If i go in to bite you, dart to the side and sink your fangs into either my face or neck, whichever is easiest. Try it" Dakarai instructed and with only seconds for the pup to absorb his words, Dakarai lunged with parted jaws, going straight for the boy. Of course he wouldn't hurt him, but he wanted it to be realistic.
burn.
144 Posts
Ooc —
Speed. be fast. the boy understood this, and thus when the male stuck him, he was quick to dart to the side, head snaking forward as he struck with wild abandon, hoping to grasp the others neck. he was gentle, for he did not wish to kill his mentor as his mother did others.
447 Posts
Ooc — Chey
"good. Very good. Now, after you strike you should move back again. A good technique would be to keep moving. Side to side, forward and back so that your opponent cannot catch you off guard, and so that he can't tell where you will be."   to demonstrate he danced around, weaving from side to side and slightly lunging forward only to pull back again. It looked foolish on him, for he was quite large and heavy making the moves slow and clumsy.

"You are small, but that can also be a good thing. With your size, if you time it correctly you can dart under your opponents belly to strike the sensitive flesh.you want to wait until they rise on their paws, before striking you. Then you sink low to the ground and go underneath them, rolling over into your back and biting the skin on their bellies. Be quick about getting out however as they can easily just collapse on top of you. Lets try those techniques. Move for now, don't be still for a single moment. Watch me, when you see me rise up, go underneath me and strike hard and quick. Make sure to get out quickly" 

his instructions were long, but he could tell that this pup was intelligent. He had confidence in this one, for he could sense that this pup had no mercy, something that he himself had felt when he was young. It was both a strength and a downfall however. Watching the pup, he swayed from side to side and tensed his muscles, slowly rising up to strike his new apprentice
burn.
144 Posts
Ooc —
The word were many, but the boy intelligent, and quickly did he process and learn. And thus, head filled with more knowledge, when the male tested him again, he acted quickly, learning to move with both speed and agility, and as he practiced, feeling greater confidence in himself and his skill. Finally, when he had with himself a great confidence, did he slip quite suddenly from the prescence of the other, without as much as a farewell, and back into the shadows; perhaps to better practice the skills he now had.