Blackfeather Woods My new roommates suck
hell hath no fury
637 Posts
Ooc — jal
Guardian
forward dated to present time.

Nemesis held little likeness for any of her co-leaders. From the same brood did something unagreeable did sprout, something she was simply unable to get along with purely for the fact that all three of Meldresi's children seemed as insufferable as they came; Damien being the eternal worst dictator in the history of the Dark Brotherhood. Burke had not even been as bad, the woman had often reflected, however contradictory to her own former actions as it was. Potema, however, had been the one she could at least stand to be around before the revelation that her offspring would challenge the Siencer's own. It was a fact she had quickly come to resent as she cursed the mother that had dared to go behind her back on this She could not be unkind, for something had occurred to her in the seconds that her offspring had harassed the pale woman, Nemesis needed allies; and besides her own children, she had none but those beneath her. And even then, their loyalty was not out of devotion but the promise of a home over winter. Not even Kove, she knew, would stand for her in the event his own moral devotions were at stake. It turned her disgust but bringing forth the realisation that she would need at least one someone to pledge for her when her own leadership would be put on trial; something she knew was bound to happen should Damien ever return. Convincing Cicero of her legitimacy in the title of Dark Master would be a feat she had no time to attempt; Potema was an easier target and perhaps, even a useful one. While the dark woman would have no friends, Potema and the dark woman shared similar interests and common characteristics; Nemesis could not avoid. Unlike her brother, Potema did not share the ego of her older sibling that would cause the leadership to fall into certain turmoil again, but perhaps, untie it even further should the dark woman and the pale woman prove to get along better than the former Dark Master and Nemesis herself. Potema had sought out the dark woman after all, there had to be reason behind it.

“Yes?” Her tone was icy but it was not unkind; she stifled the urge to reveal that now as the Dark Master, Potema's children would not be allowed to live should their pack numbers dwindle and the mouths to feed exceeded more than they could afford to hunt for. It was a basic form of survival, one that she would take greater pleasure in but could not afford to casually mention unless it was in her hopes to be overrun herself for even thinking about it. In contrast to the reality of Potema's children's birth, the dark woman was instantly reminded of her plan, that she could do nothing to sever the potential and hypothetical bonds between her and the witch; too much was on stake to try anything idiotic. And so, she would keep the formalities where it was needed though she did not care what the pale woman read between the lines; the dark woman wished all pending threats to her title or her children's title, dead, no matter who or exactly what it was.
the only way to keep your people loyal is
to make certain they fear you more than they do the enemy
Messages In This Thread
My new roommates suck - by Potema - November 10, 2016, 04:30 PM
RE: My new roommates suck - by Atshen’s Ghost - November 10, 2016, 04:54 PM
RE: My new roommates suck - by Abraxas - November 10, 2016, 05:15 PM
RE: My new roommates suck - by Potema - November 13, 2016, 12:25 AM
RE: My new roommates suck - by Nemesis - December 11, 2016, 02:39 PM
RE: My new roommates suck - by Atshen’s Ghost - December 27, 2016, 10:27 AM
RE: My new roommates suck - by Abraxas - January 06, 2017, 05:55 AM
RE: My new roommates suck - by Potema - January 14, 2017, 07:42 PM
RE: My new roommates suck - by Nemesis - February 19, 2017, 06:56 PM