Silver Creek Pencils and Pens
239 Posts
Ooc — Lia
Away
Her silence was expected, and he didn't try to fill it with anything himself. The past was there, it was not something that faded as easily as someone might think. It would always be behind him, be apart of who he was and who he would be. He nodded as she commented, then smiled a little and looked up at her. 

"I'm glad you did have Laika, Spring. Traveling alone wasn't horrible before I got hurt. After though, it was a struggle to stay alive physically and mentally. It would have been nice to have someone there, a reason to carry on before I could find a reason within myself." And then he decided to move away from the darkness of those words, from the lost place he had been before he found his will to live again. "I didn't know Laika came with you originally. All the way from your birth pack?" 
Sometimes You Just Have To Believe
734 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
She was happy to change the subject to something a little lighter.  How she had met Laika.  "Well actually how me and Laika met is very different from what you might expect.  She was not from my natal pack."  For a moment she paused a warm feeling passing through her as she brought up the memory.

"So I went to hunt, because this pretty juicy rabbit caught my eye, and even though I was in a dark place at that time, I just could not resist that rabbit.  So I was quietly stalking after the rabbit until suddenly a white flash of fluff sprang forward grabbing the rabbit and killing it before I could do anything.  Soon enough Laika's head popped up and looked at me with such surprise I almost laughed, she looked like a cornered deer.  Her mouth literally dropped open and all she could say was 'oh my God, you look like you ran into a tree.  You look awwwwwful.'"  She shrugged, "long story short we ended up getting along just fine and travelled together for most of the rest of the way until we were separated in a blizzard.  We were reunited though at Phoenix Maplewood though - er what Silver Creek was once called when we still lived in the Maplewood."
239 Posts
Ooc — Lia
Away
He listened to her story with amusement. "A friendship meant to be." He said with a chuckle. "So you two have stuck together ever since?" The mention of the Maplewood remind him of Reek, and Casmir and the girls. It was strange to be so involved in a history that he did not know only a short time ago. He wondered if Reek would ever come back to the borders with dark intentions, or if the girls came back if it would start a war.

He shook his head, clearing his thoughts. "It's funny the way things work out, isn't it?" His voice and gaze both softened as he looked at her. "Not very long ago I was alone and now I am surrounded by a pack, by friends." He stared at her for a moment before allowing his gaze to drop to his feet. "I only hope that things continue this way. I...we both, really, have seen far too much pain in the world. We need more stories like yours and Laika's. Everyone does."
734 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
His words were kind and when he had finished she began to speak.  "I agree, but yeah... I guess it is kinda funny in a way.  I just hope that Laika and Casmir too will be okay on the journey to get Laurel and Indra.  It just worries me that something will happen," for a brief moment she paused, "Reek is unpredictable after all... manipulative.  Otherwise he wouldn't have as many children as he does now," she scoffed.

She sighed her gaze tracing along the ground before rising again.  "Ya know, sometimes I wonder what makes some do what they do, like Reek for example or that female from your old pack," she shrugged, "and I've been thinking that maybe they think they're on the right side, so they can't be changed, maybe that's why there is so much evil in the world, because the ones who cause wrong doings most of the time, think that what they are doing is for good..." she trailed of there.  "Although of course none of that means that I approve of actions that Reek takes or that female from your pack."
239 Posts
Ooc — Lia
Away
Her words rang true for him as well. He was worried about his friend, and about Laika. Heston shook his head at her comment, a small smile playing at the scoff. "Let's hope they're all raised better than he is. I'm sure Casmir and Laika will be fine. They're strong, and determined. I wouldn't want to be between those two and the children." He hoped his words would come to be true.

He listened to her speak, but realized he'd never truly cared to think about the reasoning behind the actions of those who had betrayed another. He grunted, shaking his head slightly. "I don't think they care if it's good or evil, I think they care about themselves and their own needs. That's why they do what they do, because they care to put another before themselves. Reek, so far, has only proven this point to me and she...there's no explanation that could make anyone believe that slaughter of innocents is the good answer." 

He understood that Spring was only trying to make sense of the things those wolves had done. "Wolves like you and I, it's hard for us to understand someone like that. Even if I had a mate, and we had split apart...especially if it was because of me...I wouldn't try to steal my children from the only place they'd known. I'd show up, sure, and sit outside the borders and be involved...but I wouldn't take them away. And I would starve before I killed my own pack." He didn't say it, but he knew Spring was much the same.
734 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
She gave a small nod to his reasoning.  Of course Casmir and Laika would be fine... right?  They could take care of themselves.  They'd both come home all safe and sound along with the girls.  Silver Creek would feel whole again.  Then again his reasoning caught her attention as Heston went on to talk about maybe their really just was no reason why evil was evil, it was just a part of life.  At his mention of never dreaming of starving his pack she froze though, knowing exactly what he was referencing to and her eyes filled with sympathy if only for a moment and then she unfroze and began to speak.

"Perhaps you're right, that evil is evil because of selfish traits.  I suppose you do have a good point there, but still a part of me thinks that there is something more of a reason behind it.  It's not worth arguing about though I suppose."  For a moment she paused, wanting to change the subject, "so Heston on another totally unrelated note, I'm curious what is your favorite thing to do at the Creek?"
239 Posts
Ooc — Lia
Away
He listened to her speak and while he still couldn't agree with her, he smiled. "Nothing to argue about. We can have our different opinions on it. There will never be a way to tell what's right, and it might be different for each wolf. I can accept that your opinion is different than mine, and respect it for what it is. We just think differently is all."

The subject changed though and he was willing to follow her lead. He paused to think over his answer. "Hm, well mainly I like talking to the friends I've made here. Casmir, you. I'm getting to know Rowan slowly but surely. I like walking the grounds too, Silver Creek is a beautiful place. Hunting is always a plus, too, a full belly makes for the best naps." He grinned at her. "What about you?"
734 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
He followed her lead, by closing up on their former topic, which she was grateful for, and moved on to her lighter topic.  His favorite things to do at the creek.  The things he enjoyed doing were mostly she too enjoyed herself, and she escpecially did also agree that Silver Creek indeed was a beautiful place.

As his question was posed on what she enjoyed doing most at the Creek, she paused in thought.  "Well I enjoy spending time-" with you, she stopped herself not wanting to be too intimate and instead changed the ending of her sentence to, "by the Creek.  Fishing is nice.  Then there's always spending time with my members."  She told him genuinely.
239 Posts
Ooc — Lia
Away
He didn't notice the rushed words to amend her statement, and nodded his head in agreement. "The creek is certainly lovely. There's so many things that if offers. Water, of course, but fish and a place to swim. I even enjoy the simple sound of it. Much more than I ever would have thought that I would. It's...peaceful, calming." And he again nodded as she mentioned the members.

"Silver Creek seems to have a monopoly on good wolves." He thought of course of Amber and Casmir, of his enjoyment spending time with them. "But mainly you enjoy spending time with me, right? I'm the favorite. It's alright, you don't have to say it, I know."