Bramblepoint Leave this blue neighbourhood
783 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Master Ranger
O HAI PALS :3 hope it's okay if I crash the party

Liffey had never been skilled at tracking. As much as her father had tried to work with her, she had never really had any interest in succeeding at it, and so she had never really tried too hard. Now that she was out beyond the borders of the Caldera, searching for her twin, the young Blackthorn was quickly realizing the error of her ways. Lagan had left an obvious trail for anyone with any actual experience in hunting, but Liffey was frought with doubt and worry as she followed, not realizing that she was actually managing the task just fine. The scene kept playing over and over in her head. Whip's attack, Kaizer's retaliation, and her father's final blow.

Kaizer was dead. Elwood had killed him. And as much as she told herself that he'd done it to save Whip's life - that Kaizer would have killed her cousin if her father hadn't stepped in - she still felt sick from the thought.

The six month old paused to peer at her surroundings, trying to see them instead of the image of her daddy with blood upon his muzzle. She could smell her twin faintly in the area, but his scent didn't linger on the brush or the trees as though he'd actually touched them. It was a scent on the air that barely breezed through this woods, and Liffey was uncertain of how to follow it. She roamed around for what felt like hours before she got her next clue - the sound of voices just out of reach. Liffey's ears pricked as she heard them, and soon she was racing through the undergrowth until her eyes set upon the pair. One face she did not recognize, but the other she knew in an instant. She did have the same one, after all.

"Lagan!" The Blackthorn cried as she leaped towards him, her tail wagging with joy and anxiety. She whined as she licked his chin and nosed his cheeks affectionately, ignoring the other wolf's presence as she held tight to the relief of having successfully found her brother.

It was obvious from his reaction that Lagan too was happy to be reunited with his sister. They took a moment to sniff happily at each other's noses before the other girl finally caught Liffey's eye. She was mistrustful when she finally turned her attention to the pale girl, but there was still curiosity in her tone when she asked, "Who're you?"
if I knew where I was going, I'd lose my way.
~•~
Messages In This Thread
Leave this blue neighbourhood - by Lagan - December 25, 2016, 09:22 AM
RE: Leave this blue neighbourhood - by Freyja - December 25, 2016, 10:35 AM
RE: Leave this blue neighbourhood - by Lagan - December 25, 2016, 12:36 PM
RE: Leave this blue neighbourhood - by Freyja - December 25, 2016, 07:49 PM
RE: Leave this blue neighbourhood - by Lagan - December 26, 2016, 05:04 PM
RE: Leave this blue neighbourhood - by Freyja - December 26, 2016, 05:32 PM
RE: Leave this blue neighbourhood - by Lagan - December 26, 2016, 06:49 PM
RE: Leave this blue neighbourhood - by Freyja - December 26, 2016, 08:09 PM
RE: Leave this blue neighbourhood - by Liffey - December 29, 2016, 07:16 PM
RE: Leave this blue neighbourhood - by Freyja - January 18, 2017, 03:04 PM