Precarious Situation
57 Posts
Ooc — Isabelle
Macawi snorted at the she-wolf. "Coyote thinks not," she snapped. "Macawi will go and find a pack with a leader who does not send odd chills down Macawi's spine. Macawi does not know what it is. This... Jinx. She is... Off. Telling Macawi she would rip off her face and wear it, and lay her dead body out in the wilderness somewhere in the position of 'fucking a rabbit'... There is something wrong with her. I would never sleep in this pack, constantly wondering if she was going to come around the corner and do horrible things to Macawi."

The coyote backed up a bit from the black wolf. "Coyote will find her home elsewhere. If this wolf would not mind, would she tell Erika if she sees her that Macawi loves her as a sister? And that if she ever needs help, to howl for her, and wherever Macawi is, she will come running." Macawi's eyes shone with genuineness."Please. Will you tell her?"
<div><span style="color:#ff0000;"> </span><span style="color:#ff0800;">M</span><span style="color:#ff1000;">y</span><span style="color:#ff1800;"> </span><span style="color:#ff2000;">a</span><span style="color:#ff2800;">t</span><span style="color:#ff3000;">t</span><span style="color:#ff3800;">i</span><span style="color:#ff4000;">t</span><span style="color:#ff4700;">u</span><span style="color:#ff4f00;">d</span><span style="color:#ff5700;">e</span><span style="color:#ff5f00;"> </span><span style="color:#ff6700;">i</span><span style="color:#ff6f00;">s</span><span style="color:#ff7700;"> </span><span style="color:#ff7f00;">n</span><span style="color:#ff8700;">o</span><span style="color:#ff8f00;">t</span><span style="color:#ff9700;"> </span><span style="color:#ff9f00;">m</span><span style="color:#ffa700;">y</span><span style="color:#ffaf00;"> </span><span style="color:#ffb700;">p</span><span style="color:#ffbf00;">e</span><span style="color:#ffc700;">r</span><span style="color:#ffcf00;">s</span><span style="color:#ffd700;">o</span><span style="color:#ffdf00;">n</span><span style="color:#ffe700;">a</span><span style="color:#ffef00;">l</span><span style="color:#fff700;">i</span><span style="color:#ffff00;">t</span><span style="color:#f0ff00;">y</span><span style="color:#e1ff00;">.</span><span style="color:#d2ff00;"> </span><span style="color:#c3ff00;">I</span><span style="color:#b4ff00;">f</span><span style="color:#a5ff00;"> </span><span style="color:#96ff00;">y</span><span style="color:#87ff00;">o</span><span style="color:#78ff00;">u</span><span style="color:#69ff00;"> </span><span style="color:#5aff00;">d</span><span style="color:#4bff00;">o</span><span style="color:#3cff00;">n</span><span style="color:#2dff00;">'</span><span style="color:#1eff00;">t</span><span style="color:#0fff00;"> </span><span style="color:#00ff00;">l</span><span style="color:#00ff10;">i</span><span style="color:#00ff20;">k</span><span style="color:#00ff30;">e</span><span style="color:#00ff40;"> </span><span style="color:#00ff50;">m</span><span style="color:#00ff60;">y</span><span style="color:#00ff70;"> </span><span style="color:#00ff80;">a</span><span style="color:#00ff8f;">t</span><span style="color:#00ff9f;">t</span><span style="color:#00ffaf;">i</span><span style="color:#00ffbf;">t</span><span style="color:#00ffcf;">u</span><span style="color:#00ffdf;">d</span><span style="color:#00ffef;">e</span><span style="color:#00ffff;">,</span><span style="color:#00efff;"> </span><span style="color:#00dfff;">b</span><span style="color:#00cfff;">l</span><span style="color:#00bfff;">a</span><span style="color:#00afff;">m</span><span style="color:#009fff;">e</span><span style="color:#008fff;"> </span><span style="color:#0080ff;">y</span><span style="color:#0070ff;">o</span><span style="color:#0060ff;">u</span><span style="color:#0050ff;">r</span><span style="color:#0040ff;">s</span><span style="color:#0030ff;">e</span><span style="color:#0020ff;">l</span><span style="color:#0010ff;">f</span><span style="color:#0000ff;">.</span></div>
202 Posts
Ooc — Jessica
Tyrande sighs. "If that is truly what you wish to do. If you truly wish to give up on your attempt, then I will not stop you... I will pass your message with Erika, though something tells me she would've preferred you to say it yourself. Just so you know, Macawi, I was suspicious of Jinx myself for being a stark-raving lunatic. But I had seen through that. Seen through it with perseverance. I found the good, motherly side of Jinx. The side that only those who are willing to push themselves to see it. Very few wolves have the strength to see her good, kind side. And so, I will not blame you for it."

The dark wolf began to turn, her eyes full of secret emotions... Disappointment, perhaps? Though was that in herself or in Macawi?
57 Posts
Ooc — Isabelle
Macawi didn't know what to think now. Was she really willing to give everything - her friendship with Erika, and her chance at a pack - up just because of one wolf? She shook her head, angry at herself. No! This was not who she was! She was stronger than this! Even if she had to fight Jinx 'til the end, she would, if it meant staying with her best friend, and gaining the protection of the pack. Even if the other members were skeptical, she would show them that she could be more wolf than any of them combined! And, perhaps, she could show them a few coyote tricks...

"Wait," she said, as the black wolf began to turn. "Macawi has changed her mind. She will stay. If she can. Macawi knows she has lowered her chances of joining your pack because of what she said to Jinx, but there must me something she can do to make up for it. She will... She will throw herself at the alpha's paws if she must. She will be beaten if she must. To stay with Erika. Coyotes and Wolves have this in common: family means everything to them. And right now, Erika is the only family Macawi has. So tell Macawi. Please. What must she do?"
<div><span style="color:#ff0000;"> </span><span style="color:#ff0800;">M</span><span style="color:#ff1000;">y</span><span style="color:#ff1800;"> </span><span style="color:#ff2000;">a</span><span style="color:#ff2800;">t</span><span style="color:#ff3000;">t</span><span style="color:#ff3800;">i</span><span style="color:#ff4000;">t</span><span style="color:#ff4700;">u</span><span style="color:#ff4f00;">d</span><span style="color:#ff5700;">e</span><span style="color:#ff5f00;"> </span><span style="color:#ff6700;">i</span><span style="color:#ff6f00;">s</span><span style="color:#ff7700;"> </span><span style="color:#ff7f00;">n</span><span style="color:#ff8700;">o</span><span style="color:#ff8f00;">t</span><span style="color:#ff9700;"> </span><span style="color:#ff9f00;">m</span><span style="color:#ffa700;">y</span><span style="color:#ffaf00;"> </span><span style="color:#ffb700;">p</span><span style="color:#ffbf00;">e</span><span style="color:#ffc700;">r</span><span style="color:#ffcf00;">s</span><span style="color:#ffd700;">o</span><span style="color:#ffdf00;">n</span><span style="color:#ffe700;">a</span><span style="color:#ffef00;">l</span><span style="color:#fff700;">i</span><span style="color:#ffff00;">t</span><span style="color:#f0ff00;">y</span><span style="color:#e1ff00;">.</span><span style="color:#d2ff00;"> </span><span style="color:#c3ff00;">I</span><span style="color:#b4ff00;">f</span><span style="color:#a5ff00;"> </span><span style="color:#96ff00;">y</span><span style="color:#87ff00;">o</span><span style="color:#78ff00;">u</span><span style="color:#69ff00;"> </span><span style="color:#5aff00;">d</span><span style="color:#4bff00;">o</span><span style="color:#3cff00;">n</span><span style="color:#2dff00;">'</span><span style="color:#1eff00;">t</span><span style="color:#0fff00;"> </span><span style="color:#00ff00;">l</span><span style="color:#00ff10;">i</span><span style="color:#00ff20;">k</span><span style="color:#00ff30;">e</span><span style="color:#00ff40;"> </span><span style="color:#00ff50;">m</span><span style="color:#00ff60;">y</span><span style="color:#00ff70;"> </span><span style="color:#00ff80;">a</span><span style="color:#00ff8f;">t</span><span style="color:#00ff9f;">t</span><span style="color:#00ffaf;">i</span><span style="color:#00ffbf;">t</span><span style="color:#00ffcf;">u</span><span style="color:#00ffdf;">d</span><span style="color:#00ffef;">e</span><span style="color:#00ffff;">,</span><span style="color:#00efff;"> </span><span style="color:#00dfff;">b</span><span style="color:#00cfff;">l</span><span style="color:#00bfff;">a</span><span style="color:#00afff;">m</span><span style="color:#009fff;">e</span><span style="color:#008fff;"> </span><span style="color:#0080ff;">y</span><span style="color:#0070ff;">o</span><span style="color:#0060ff;">u</span><span style="color:#0050ff;">r</span><span style="color:#0040ff;">s</span><span style="color:#0030ff;">e</span><span style="color:#0020ff;">l</span><span style="color:#0010ff;">f</span><span style="color:#0000ff;">.</span></div>
202 Posts
Ooc — Jessica
Tyrande turned back and gave Macawi a Chelshire cat-like grin. "Now there's something in a wolf... Er, coyote I like to see! Determination! That'll help you in the future."

The shadow began to pace, thinking. "You may not like it, but first things first, you'll need to apologize. I've never known Jinx to not hold a grudge without an apology. That might shoot up your chances, but just saying sorry isn't enough.

"You probably shouldn't grovel, though. I'm not entirely sure Jinx would like that, but definately show submissive postures. As submissive as you can will yourself. Only speak in a respectful- but not overbearing- tone. Refer to Jinx as an alpha, because it may take some time to consider her and you friends."

She slowed herself before continuing, making sure Macawi was keeping up, glancing at the coy-wolf.
57 Posts
Ooc — Isabelle
Macawi listened intently as the black she-wolf began explaining what she needed to do to get into Jinx's good graces. She would not mess up her chances. She couldn't. She had to be there for Erika. Why she had latched herself onto her half-faced friend so tightly, she didn't quite know. It was odd, really, but Macawi didn't care. Erika was her only real friend in this new place (besides one other wolf she had met named Thistle) and the coy-wolf was determined to make their friendship last for long years to come.

And so, as the she-wolf finished speaking and glanced back at her, Macawi said, "Coyote understands. Be respectful, but don't grovel. Only refer to Jinx as Alpha and use submissive postures. Macawi will stay low to the ground and keep her tail between her legs. She will never look directly at the alpha. She will use nice words, even if Jinx is mean again. Macawi will do these things for Erika, her sister-in-soul. Anything else Macawi needs to do? Would brining some sort of offering help? Or perhaps pledging herself to the pack in front of Alpha? Anything?"

Macawi knew she sounded slightly desperate, but at this point she didn't care. She really would do anything -- well… almost anything.
202 Posts
Ooc — Jessica
Tyrande nods, pacing faster, as if she was getting closer to something. "Yes, yes! Exactly! Next, next. We need you to... Yes! You need to send a gift! A gift specifically for her, and then make an oath to the pack! A blood oath!" she rushed over and picked up a large stick. The stick was sharp enough to cut through skin, if applied with pressure.

"This is an ancient tradition of my religion, Macawi." Tyrande calmed herself and looked at the coy-wolf. "The blood oath is used only when one being pledges themselves to a cause, or to another. They state their name, and then what they shall fight for. And finally, what powers they have within themselves to do so. Observe, for this is a sacred ritual."

With that, the shadow turned her head so that the stick faced her paw. After a moments hesitation, she quickly lowered her head, stabbing herself and causing a spurt of blood to surface. With a small hiss of pain, she drop the stick and lifted her injured paw, and recited.

"I, Tyrande Nightshade, on this blood, swear my honor to fight for what I believe in. Honor. Perseverance. Mercy. I swear on this blood that I shall protect these that I believe in with my strengths. I shall run with the speed I am known for. I shall work with the plants I was named after. I, Tyrande Nightshade, on this blood, swears that she will loyally defend the rights I believe in."

She set her paw down. "Of course, it is strange, to inflict pain on yourself. I just suggested it, because it may be the only thing just crazy enough for you to be accepted into the pack, though we could maybe find another way..."
57 Posts
Ooc — Isabelle
Macawi watched as Tyrande pricked herself with the stick and then proceeded to spout nonsense. Well, to Macawi it was nonsense, but who was she to judge? But when the wolf suggested that she do it to herself, Macawi took a step back.

"This one wants Macawi to purposefully hurt herself?" She stared in horror. "Macawi doesn't…" She sighed, looked down, and looked up again. "If Macawi does this thing, does Tyrande think it will let her into the pack? Because she will, if that is what it takes… though she would rather not. It seems foolish -- no offense to this one, of course. A wolf's religion is their business, but… Macawi is skeptical."

She thought for a bit. "Perhaps if Coyote went hunting, and gathered much prey, and brought it to the Alpha… Perhaps a whole deer, though Macawi is not sure she could bring one down by herself. But she could try…"
Why should I apologize for the monster I've become? No one ever apologized for making me this way.
361 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Sitri had watched them go and he thought about following for a brief moment and then decided no he would much rather just go back into the pack land with Jinx and the half face. He did not understand what had happened to her, but he knew abuse when he saw it and he largely ignored it. He himself had the marks of abuse and torture all you had to do was look at him. So he would let her have her half face and say nothing about it. He followed behind jinx his eyes drawn to the forest floor as he walked.
202 Posts
Ooc — Jessica
Tyrande nodded. "As I said, you do not have to, if you do not wish... A deer would be good... And... If I did it with you, it would show your ability to work as a team, as a pack. We will save my rituals if things go to worse."

She looked up at the coyote. "Well, then. Shall we?"
57 Posts
Ooc — Isabelle
OOC: I intend to make this my last post on this thread. The hunt should be a new thread, so that we can archive this so I can use it to get EXP. Tyrande, either PM me about it, or just start a new thread and tag me… actually, send me a PM after you start it because last time someone tagged me, it didn't work.

IC: Macawi nodded. "Yes, let Coyote and Wolf go and bring down a deer for this Alpha. If Macawi finds out that Erika is not part of the pack, she will be very angry…"

She followed Tyrande as the wolf began trotting off to hunt down a deer. "Very angry indeed…" she muttered.