The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
All Welcome 
Set shortly before this thread
After getting Calloon settled, Day went and took a long nap. He was starting to feel a little worn out, and he knew it was time to start listening to his own advice and try to take it easy in the bad weather. So he napped, he played with his kids, and he chewed up a frozen rack of ribs until it was malleable enough for him and the kids to eat. And then he took a longer nap.

When he woke again, it was twilight, and Day remembered that there was still work to be done, and still at least one packmate that might not have a place to weather the coming storm. So Day made sure his kids knew to stick close to their appointed sitter and then headed out, calling for @Remy as he made his way toward the stone den.
[Image: CYEyvJP.png?4]
What's Mine is Ours
58 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Remy had been exploring the territory when the call rang out. He started at a slow trot but quickly picked up his pace, meeting Grayday at the entry of a seemingly empty den. Hey, he called out as he approached, What's up? Part of him figured he knew what it was · den assignments were typical in a larger pack · but he wanted to be sure, rather than make an assumption with no backing. Remy eyed the den and noticed that the scents, if any, were too faint for it to belong to someone, though he waited for a confirmation of his thoughts.
· easthollow ·
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Remy arrived promptly, and Day greeted him with a wagging tail, wanting to show that, despite the harsh words he'd spoken at the border, he didn't have an ill will toward the other male.

"I just wanted to see how you were settling in," he replied. "And to make sure you had a place to stay for the night. Find someone to bunk with yet? Or a place for yourself?"
What's Mine is Ours
58 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
I've been doing a lot of looking, Remy explained. He was enjoying this new home of his, along with all of the secrets it seemed to hold. I haven't actually. It slipped my mind. Remy gave a soft, self-scolding laugh and looked away for a moment. His priorities had been a bit wonky since meeting with his brother again, though he knew something would have to change as a pack wolf. This one isn't taken, is it?
· easthollow ·
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Day held back a disapproving look as Remy admitted he hadn't been looking very hard. He had to remind himself that it wouldn't have mattered, because (as far as he knew) there weren't anymore dens to be found. Exploring was always important, either way. If Day had know Remy better (trusted him more), he would've been glad to know that he'd been out keeping an eye on things.

As it was, Day was just glad he'd caught him before the storm. "Yeah, another male is staying here. Mute, but a nice fella," he said with a nod, peeking inside and finding it empty. "I don't know where he's gotten to, but I let him know that you might be staying with him."
What's Mine is Ours
58 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Mute? Remy didn't mind a little peace and quiet every now and then, but mute? Grayday assured him that his denmate was a nice guy, though a bit of apprehension still ran through Remy's mind. Alright. Remy was smart and he knew that no matter how torturous the silence might become, there was no way he would survive without a den. Besides, two warm bodies were better than one.
· easthollow ·
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Day missed any wary looks from the darker male, as he'd been preoccupied with giving his own wary looks to the den. "It's kind of big and airy, so if you guys get too cold, feel free to come find me, or anyone, really," he offered, not wanting Remy to feel like he was on his own. "Or yell, I guess, if you're frozen."
What's Mine is Ours
58 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
You can count on it, Remy assured Grayday with a kind smirk. He took a step into the den and tried to find a spot to lay down where both he and his denmate would have enough room to be comfortable, then called back out. Thanks. Simple gratitude for a simple enough action.
· easthollow ·
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
"No problem," Day replied, watching for a moment before turning and picking his way back toward his den. Seemed like his work here was done.
What's Mine is Ours