Duskfire Glacier I always thought I was the stronger one
shadowhunter
60 Posts
Ooc —
Hawthorn hadn't left, not yet, at least. His thoughts were torn between his sister who was the only remaining link of his blood family, and that of Kieran, who was part of his new family, the family whom he'd chosen and vowed to protect. But blood was thicker than water wasn't it? That was how the saying went, but Haw, who's family had betrayed and left him, wasn't quite sure he believed it any longer. Nor, if he was being honest, did he want to believe it. Family, the shadow decided, was something he could choose.

And so with that thought in mind, the shadow went to find his friend. Kieran was with his father, Hawthorn soon saw, and a bitter look flitted briefly over his features before filtering out into nothingness. Kier had lost his sister and his mother; now was not the time for petty jealousy. Still, Hawthorn wasn't sure if he should approach and ruin this father-son moment, so he lingered by the edge, biting his lip in indecision.

Stop this. You have his back, remember? 

The boy padded forwards then, and after greeting Sylvas with a respectful nod, he turned his gaze on Kieran, concern reflecting in his brilliant blue orbs. "I'm sorry for your loss," he stated, quite formerly to the both of them, but his eyes lingered on his friend, rather than the father, and he bit his lip uncertantly - still a child at heart. Silence. Right, he might be interrupting something.

"I'll just go then, shall I?" he said after a pause, biting back the nervousness that he felt. He wasn't welcomed, he felt, and if that was the case, he should probably leave. Go with Rose...?
if you can't fly, then run;
if you can't run, then walk;
if you can't walk, then crawl;
even if you have to crawl, gear up
aim your gun! ready! fire!

Mercenary:
0/5
Caregiver/Medic: 0/5

(always open for threads)
Messages In This Thread
I always thought I was the stronger one - by Kieran Adrien - February 18, 2017, 02:50 PM
RE: I always thought I was the stronger one - by Hawthorn - February 19, 2017, 07:08 AM