Silver Creek I'll love you forever [m]
239 Posts
Ooc — Lia
Away
Spring had been restless, slightly out of sorts for the entirety of the day. Of course, thought nothing of it. He attempted to pamper her at first and then soon decided to keep a safe distance and allow her space. She hadn't done anything rude, but she already had however many bodies inside of her own, she didn't need another hovering at her hip. So he had left her to it. He had gone to check the borders, make sure everything was right.

He wanted the borders pristine for his children's arrival, so he could keep a closer watch on them. The thought of the phrase my children, or our children still seemed a little strange to him. With the kids all bundled up in Spring's insides, it was easy to forget that they would come out. He'd have kids and he'd have to watch them and keep them from killing themselves. It was scary. Exciting, but scary. He had always wanted children, but the reality of having them had only occured after Spring had told him she was pregnant. But they would come out. And soon. 

His thoughts buzzed through his mind as he marked here and there, lifting his leg and scratching as he saw fit. Soon Spring will start to behave strange, he knew at least that childbirth was painful and involved contractions. She'd hide in her den, restless and likely angry. And then she wouldn't be pregnant anymore, and the kids would be out. He'd be a father for real and true. He'd have to watch her, he told himself, for any signs of strange behaviour or restlessness. He even nodded as he thought this, for he considered himself ever the thoughtful gentleman and mate.

It was in the radio silence that followed this thought, leg raised and prepared to mark yet another tree, that he realized. He stood like that for a moment, frozen in his pose. No, it couldn't be today, could it? He didn't take the time to lower his leg, he simply wheeled about and leapt forward into a run towards the den. He needed to tell Spring. What if the children were coming?

He was nearly there when he heard the howl, her voice tired but undoubtedly elated. Panic and excitement seized his heart all at once with a great jolt. It left him breathless, but he did not slow. He came to a skidding stop outside the den, panting with the effort, attempting to call for Spring.

"Spring...Spring...have you....are we....they've come?" He attempted, stumbling over his words. He lingered at the entrance, afraid to go in. He knew that mother wolves could be fierce, even to their mates, and he didn't want to catch the wrong side of Spring's teeth. Gently and slowly he stuck his head into the dark, eyes widening in an attempt to see how many shapes lay around his mate. He couldn't see yet, he wasn't adjusted yet. He didn't go any further, not yet, not until Spring gave the okay. He could smell something within the den though, a mix of blood and milk, as well as the warm and soft scent of something that was unmistakably a mix of both he had Spring.

"Spring?" He called, voice hushed, nearly begging to enter. "How many? Are they well? Are you well?"
Messages In This Thread
I'll love you forever [m] - by Spring - February 22, 2017, 01:12 AM
RE: I'll love you forever [m] - by Soni - February 22, 2017, 04:12 PM
RE: I'll love you forever [m] - by Seri - February 22, 2017, 05:25 PM
RE: I'll love you forever [m] - by Heston - February 22, 2017, 05:34 PM
RE: I'll love you forever [m] - by Spring - February 23, 2017, 04:26 PM
RE: I'll love you forever [m] - by Heston - February 27, 2017, 06:39 PM
RE: I'll love you forever [m] - by Soren - March 01, 2017, 11:38 PM
RE: I'll love you forever [m] - by Spring - March 01, 2017, 11:57 PM
RE: I'll love you forever [m] - by Heston - March 06, 2017, 06:58 PM
RE: I'll love you forever [m] - by Spring - March 16, 2017, 08:41 AM
RE: I'll love you forever [m] - by Heston - March 21, 2017, 04:55 PM