Dragoncrest Cliffs Labradorite
[time & tide]
479 Posts
Ooc — -
Guardian
Warrior
He rumbled softly to her thanks, and would still probably make sure to drag home something a little nicer — at least prey he put real effort into felling. She deserved that if he could find it, and so far, he'd always had no issue rounding up a meal to catch here by the cliffs after their relocating. His ears perked up while she listed the possibilities, though, of how many he should concern himself with feeding. Hopefully it wasn't too many.. he thought. But, all good reason to do well by them all, her and however many others would soon come of it. "Exactly why only a little old squirrel is hardly an appetizer.. just in case it is that many." Dio smirked. But, again, hopefully not.

As for family traditions, Wildfire's had him shaking his head gently. "A whole month? Hm. I'd be worried about embarrassingly descriptive nicknames sticking around if it took that long to name them.. But no. Not exactly like that, really." In the Rise, the closest thing to a family experience he'd ever reference in full (before now), puppies were a largely traditional matter. It had seemed standard procedure to him. Nothing fancy. They'd always named puppies in a few days to a week — once they appeared good and grounded in this world, for a delicate little life like that.

"I never knew my father by any more than name and my mother left me alone when I was pretty young so, nothing I'd honor pups with names of or anything. And I have no idea what exactly they had in mind when they went about having and titling me," he sighed. Since he had heard of wolves borrowing names of family and such and neither did he have any idea of lasting traditions on their behalf, it didn't seem to apply to him much. "A few of my offspring at the Rise.. they had — or were going to have — -io in their names, because there it was pretty custom for pieces of parents' names to pass on if it fit nicely. Vicario, Montorio, Giovanna.. it varied like that," he clipped his jaws shut, wondering at the faraway-feeling memory. "I thought that was kind of nice sometimes." Maybe just something to think on. "Did yours..?" he returned.
Messages In This Thread
Labradorite - by Portia - February 28, 2017, 01:13 PM
RE: Labradorite - by Dio - March 08, 2017, 02:50 AM
RE: Labradorite - by Portia - March 10, 2017, 12:03 AM
RE: Labradorite - by Dio - March 11, 2017, 05:50 PM
RE: Labradorite - by Portia - March 15, 2017, 12:28 AM
RE: Labradorite - by Dio - March 17, 2017, 03:33 AM
RE: Labradorite - by Portia - March 20, 2017, 12:15 AM
RE: Labradorite - by Dio - March 30, 2017, 01:21 AM
RE: Labradorite - by Portia - March 31, 2017, 04:03 PM