Hideaway Strath if you're soft on rebellion, it'll grow
you ain't seen nothing like me yet
391 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Botanist
Hemlock finds that she is never beyond the borders of the Strath and doubts she will be again until the new batch of children have been born. It's almost like she is a mother-to-be herself, finding a hope in the Fearghal children that perhaps their arrival will herald the end of the chaos that Teaghlaigh has endured. True to his word Arturo has called a meeting and as she gathered with the wolves present she feels a sense of foreboding. Hemlock doesn't know if the others are aware of what the meeting is about; perhaps they assume something more benign like the fact they've moved and just laying out matters of establishment like hunting and sentry duty. She knows the truth and while she can't imagine what was going through the head of their punished she knows the consequences have struck every member of Teaghlaigh and their time for protecting and ignoring the crimes of the pair are done. 

She takes a seat and remains quiet as the rest until Arturo has laid out the details before them - the Dakarai had been injured, and for some reason Olive transgressed against Blackfeather, but it opens more questions than it provides the answers for. She feels the distance will help, the Wilds are large and it is easy to hide in but an entire pack while their numbers are still vulnerable? She is uncertain and it is a feeling she dislikes. "There is another pack nearby who values mercenaries and demands spars of any who come to its borders. The Golden Glade is what they call themselves, and I met them under my former name." She has no position or leverage to suggest an alliance of any sort but she could barter her services to sweeten the deal with the pack nearby. If the Blackfeather wolves came for them, perhaps then, a band of warriors would be useful to their cause. The information still needs to be presented and while this meeting is not about the Glade it could work to their advantage all the same.

"If they take their children they will surely perish. Three mouths to feed with no help to support them would be a death sentence." She echoed Arturo's words, the truth in them as grim as the prospects they faced. "I am old enough to serve as wetnurse but I am reluctant to give the borage I have found to myself and not save it for Lotte." Hemlock might have fancied herself cold and distant now, but, they are babes none the less and they should not be forced to death for the mistakes of others. "They should only need a few weeks as they transition to meat to conserve the herbs." She glanced along the wolves present, wondering what their thoughts were. Banishment seemed appropriate to her - and it was less a conversation of what should happen to the adults as it was to the children. "Olive and Dakarai should not be allowed to continue on with no consequence - banishment seems appropriate. They have been harbored and given a haven and we have kept them safe as we moved. It is generous enough to send them out now rather than before. Their chances to hide are far greater here."

Without knowing the ages of the other females in the pack - she has kept herself removed from them, still, she can only offer herself to serve as a nanny. It does not delight her, and in some ways it makes her bristle with indignation, but she does not serve herself first. She serves Teaghlaigh. She does not know the other adults well enough to ensure that they would take the duty properly either, to not be mother not nurse, but Hemlock doubts she could hold her tongue and not tell the truth of things. She's always been a realist, sugarcoating was never her strong suit, but she would not want to taint a child against their parent without just cause. 

available for naturalist and medical threads just tag her!
i grew a human and unfortunately as a horrible side effect lost an organ - as such will be slow from time to time.

[Image: naturalist_master.gif] 12/20
Messages In This Thread
if you're soft on rebellion, it'll grow - by Arturo - March 27, 2017, 05:10 PM
RE: if you're soft on rebellion, it'll grow - by Hemlock - March 27, 2017, 05:35 PM
RE: if you're soft on rebellion, it'll grow - by Lotte - March 28, 2017, 06:40 PM
RE: if you're soft on rebellion, it'll grow - by Sirius - March 28, 2017, 09:36 PM
RE: if you're soft on rebellion, it'll grow - by Olive - March 28, 2017, 11:43 PM
RE: if you're soft on rebellion, it'll grow - by Chusi - March 30, 2017, 01:22 PM
RE: if you're soft on rebellion, it'll grow - by Rollo - April 01, 2017, 11:29 PM
RE: if you're soft on rebellion, it'll grow - by Arturo - April 02, 2017, 12:45 PM
RE: if you're soft on rebellion, it'll grow - by Lotte - April 02, 2017, 08:25 PM
RE: if you're soft on rebellion, it'll grow - by Olive - April 02, 2017, 10:58 PM
RE: if you're soft on rebellion, it'll grow - by Arturo - April 16, 2017, 01:30 PM