Broken Antler Fen Yeah, I'm pretty chubby; but in the best way
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian watched his son joyfully, as he tried to give all the nest material to the birds. However, for the birds, even Ben was quite scary. He didn't think they would come up to the wolf pup to gather nest material. "Ben, I don't think they will come and take it now. Why don't we leave it here outside for them? If you stay in the shadow of the den, perhaps that would make them come out to get the materials."

Birds were elusive creatures, especially the smaller ones. Crows and ravens were bolder. Though most of those birds lived in Black Feather Woods.
They Left Me Standing Unbroken
106 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
[table width=80%][tr][td]Benjamin stared hopefully at the sky, blue eyes glimmering like blue diamonds in the sun. When nothing came, his gran disappeared and he took some steps back, turning his head to look at Father. His ears lowered, even as Sebastian explained, and he placed the piece of junk quite carefully on the ground. Then, he returned with an unhappy face.

Lette gette some moss fwirst. He nodded, serious now - unlike his normal behaviour.[/td][/tr][/table]
Dance Under The Ladder
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian nodded at his son when he was surprisingly serious. The male followed the pup. Since they were living in a moist area it wasn't that difficult to find it. He walked with his son. He already decided that he let Ben pick. It would be good for him to let him pick the pieces he liked. "Your mother will be so proud of you, Ben," he praised.
106 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
[table width=80%][tr][td]Fatty legs carried the boy forward toward a patch of green that he had spotted just after giving the "orders". It was there that he sniffed at it, making sure the scent was the same as what he saw as moss. The plants identity was confirmed and Benjamin looked behind and up to see his father. Ya think? He smiled with sparkling eyes.

Lookitt - I found sum! He chipped.[/td][/tr][/table]
Dance Under The Ladder
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian let his son do the tracking, which he did extremely well. Sebastian smiled when the boy's eyes lit up. "Of course! She will be extremely proud," he assured him. "And I am super proud of you too, Buddy," he smiled at his son. Sebastian helped him with getting the moss. "Very good! Do you like plants?," he asked Ben. It seemed he was pretty good at identifying mosses already.
106 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
[table width=80%][tr][td]His face lit up at his father's words, not believing he had done something to make them proud. Given that he did little more than eat and sleep, it hadn't even come to his mind yet that, perhaps, he should pull his fair share of the family's troubles and woes. Now that he knew praise was the reward for working hard, he decided he would do a lot more helping from now on.

They okay - our food eats pwants, right? He asked, carrying just one corner of the mossy blanket they had gathered.[/td][/tr][/table]
Dance Under The Ladder
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian nodded. "Correct, they do," Sebastian spoke to his son. "They eat grasses and leaves, but there are many other plants. Those plants can sometimes help with making us feel better too. So if you have a stomach ache I could give you a plant to chew on that makes you feel better," he explained to Ben. He was not sure how much he would get from that.
106 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
[table width=80%][tr][td]Benjamin hopped happily alongside his father to their den that would soon be sporting a new, green blanket of soft mosses that gave off a sweet morning aroma. Grass's, leafs - moss's, too? He summarized shortly as to clarify it for himself. He had no idea plants could make them feel better too. Well, grasses always helped his bellyache whenever he had eaten too much... and the soft feeling of moss relaxed him a lot too. Interest'ng... He found. Perhaps it was something to focus on in the future when he could better understand others and whenever he had an even bigger body...[/tr][/td][/table]
Dance Under The Ladder
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian smiled as he got his son's interest. He was glad. Perhaps they could work on herbs together. Or let Andalusia give him a lesson about plants. The male quirked up his lips. "Usually one uses moss to soak up water. If there is someone who needs to drink but they can't move because they are hurt you can use moss to give them water." Sebastian nudged his son. "Let me know if you want to know more about plants. I can help!," he informed him. "Okay, so the moss needs to go into the den. Are you ready to show mommy?"
106 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
[table width=80%][tr][td]He had no idea the soft stuff could also absorb. He just found it super nice to lie and roll around on. He was learning more by the minute without even trying! Was he getting smart? Father probably thought so, right? 'kaaay! He chipped happily as they reached the den. Ben squinted, wondering what the best way of doing this was. Yeeesss! He answered as he simply walked inside with his corner of the "blanket" - carefully so. As soon as it was down and nice and fluffed for mother did he praise himself silently. He had done a good![/tr][/td][/table]
Dance Under The Ladder
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
You want to call in Pearl or fade here? :D

Sebastian smiled at his son. He looked so proud and that was all Sebastian wanted to achieve with him. The male wanted to be a good father for all his young. He wanted to be supportive and let them find their interests. "Why don't you call out for your mom? Let me hear that howl of yours," he encouraged. It was always so cute to hear them howl. He liked their voices grow more steady into their calls.
106 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
[table width=80%][tr][td]For Ben, there truly weren't any better parents on the whole world. They let him eat and sleep and barely judged him for his puppy-laziness that had come a solid part of his routine. He loved them dearly; he loved his siblings, his home and even his grandparents. They were his world, all he needed for now. Benjamin smiled and wiggled his snout outside, raising it into the air like he had seen so many times. From his throat there came a yelp-like sound that slowly turned into a cracking call for @Pearl .[/tr][/td][/table]
Dance Under The Ladder
534 Posts
Ooc — Caitie
Pearl wasn't too far off when she heard the yelping call of her youngest. A smile broke across her face and stayed there until she arrived. The sound was quite literally music to her ears. The mother didn't know what to expect when she saw both her mate and Ben happily waiting for her at the entrance to the family den. 

"Well, what are my boys up to?" she asked, playfully directing the question to Ben. Head tilted, tail wagging, she anticipated hearing her fluffball answer.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian smiled when Pearl responded to their call. Sebastian was pleased to see her and gave her a big smile. "Hi babe," he grinned and wagged his tail. He let Ben do the word because it was his idea after all. Ben should be proud of what they had done. They made the den all clean and nice again. He nudged Ben to encourage him.
106 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
[table width=80%][tr][td]Mother came and quickly so - Benjamin was thrilled to see her and darted about the place as she came closer. Mama! He chipped happily, nearly dancing around her as he began softly nudging her legs toward the den. Look - look! He said excitedly, flashing a smile to his father. They had made the den as pretty as mother and he was simply up in the clouds.[/tr][/td][/table]
Dance Under The Ladder