Northstar Vale I get bored of basic
Eternal Black She Brings
565 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
[table width=80%][tr][td]
@Damien for visibility (Tell me if something is amiss) - @Rannoch and anyone else from NV <3 Don't worry, Nyx isn't here to start trouble :)

Damien had given her a simple task - probably because it looked like she had grown quite bored of the woods. She didn't go out much and now that she was nearly a yearling it was about time for her to see a little bit beyond their borders. Sure, Kove had taken her out before but that was just a sweet taste of the outside world - not nearly enough to satisfy her urges. She had to find a pack they did not know about and for that she would go into the mountains. Many of the flatland packs she had already noticed herself, but she had not heard of a pack in the mountains yet (or perhaps she had forgotten).

When the scent of a pack blew by her she was immediately alert. A vale was 'neath her paws - a paradise trapped between walls of cold stone and dangerous peaks. She huffed a thoughtful sound before she made her way down - agile and quite graceful, as her mother would probably like it. She was cautious and precise, making sure she did not look like a possible thread; simply the nightly heavens falling down to greet new faces. Mid-way did she let out a call for the possible leaders this paradise held.[/tr][/td][/table]
Nyx carries with her a raven named Tulugak - feel free to reference him (Bio for more info)
Ghost
he came and stole the wild
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
Nyx was but a mere speckle on the Vale's wall, and Rannoch had only been notified of her presence by her call. Before receiving the invitation, Rannoch had been wading in the river, relieving himself from the early-Summer heat. Lifting his head to her call, as droplets of water fell from his chops, the Alpha raised his head and replied, letting her know that he would be with her shortly. Once he had announced his intentions, the Alpha waddled onto the shore and shook himself dry before starting off to meet the unexpected visitor. 

Though his territory was vast, Rannoch was able to greet her at the borders without her waiting too long. "Hello," he greeted, pausing before her as she picked himself up, asserting himself as the one dominant in this exchange. He had been all too curious to know why his border had drawn an audience and at the smell of her pack, his questions accumulated in the queue of his mind. Despite this, only one question rose to the occasion: "What brings you to my borders?" Giving her the benefit of the doubt, as he did with all strangers, he waited to let her express her presence.
a crime so old as the sky and bone
he came untied, solid as a stone
all is almost lost and it starts to show
Eternal Black She Brings
565 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
[table width=80%][tr][td]Before the land's sole ruler would show him- or herself, did Nyx descend upon the softer bedding of the vale. Rocks had bruised her delicate paws, but that same nagging feeling had kept her satisfied on her travels. The mountains were so bright and the nightly coated female was glad to be in the shade for now; she supposed it had been a better idea to come at night yet she had not wished to bother anyone while they were slumbering. With a quick flick of her body to her tail did she dust herself off, eyes finding the grey and pale coated young man coming towards her with a dominant air about him. She lowered her features in response, ears seeking the comfort of her silky neck fluff and tail falling limp between her hind-legs.

Mismatched eyes observed him for a moment longer - no expression present on her youthful and pretty face. Greetings and salutations. She greeted then with a respectful nod of her speckled head in her slightly accented voice. I came to seek information - I mean no harm nor do I wish to misuse all that is given to me. She answered.[/tr][/td][/table]
Nyx carries with her a raven named Tulugak - feel free to reference him (Bio for more info)
Ghost
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
The stranger on his borders was respectful, and to this, Rannoch could not help but feel a pang of relief. He had assumed that their presence in the Vale would bring about unexpected visitors to the borders. Thankfully, for this interaction, it appeared as though their sudden appearance had drawn somebody who was both respectful and aware of their established boundaries; small victories for Nyx's first impression on the Alpha. Nodding at what she had to say, Rannoch replied smoothly, "I am more than happy to assist you." 

As eager as he was to help, there were some things that Rannoch had to ask before disclosing any information. "But, before I do, I must ask who you are and what pack you hail from." As her scent was defined by the territory and individuals she lived among, Rannoch could quickly determine that she was established somewhere, but, just where was a mystery to him as he had never scented her pack before.
Eternal Black She Brings
565 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
[table width=80%][tr][td]Sly Nyx faked a convincing smile at the other's willingness to help her. She had not suspected the task to be this easy - it had come from Damien after all, and he seemed to like to make things difficult. Hell, she had even done something that would've ended her life if it meant that Damien would be satisfied with her efforts. It was strange to think of herself in that way; she had grown into a fine dame with a skill to bend others around her in such a way that it worked out best for her - why would she give that up for a powerful hunk of a man? Honestly, she was doubting herself on that one.

I am Nyx from the feathery woods - we are a quite... curious bunch. She answered with a gentle, graceful sweep of her starry tail. She blinked her lashes up and down. What she had done wasn't lying and it put her at risk more than the pack; it was a sacrifice she had to make to protect the woods' secrets.[/tr][/td][/table]
Ghost
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
What came from the enchantress' mouth next brought pause to the newly crowned Alpha's train of thought, and for a moment, he looked at her with a tilt of his head as he considered what he had been told. The name of the pack was quite peculiar, but, beyond the Teekons Rannoch had heard of groups with much more excentric names. No, it was the kind of group which she came from that raised a red flag in Rannoch's mind. As such, he pressed on.  "Curious bunch?" He repeated slowly, lifting a brow in the way of an indication to request an elaboration on her end. 

"Please elaborate," he asked, his voice kind despite the conflict that riddled his handsome features.
Eternal Black She Brings
565 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
[size=large][table width=80%][tr][td]She let out a cute giggle, one that wasn't even faked. Of course Damien hadn't lied when he hinted that it was a tricky job - how dare she doubt him! This wasn't the type of game to be played with a loner or an adventurous coyote that had simply stayed around for too long. No, she had to be more careful now Damien and Atshen were out of reach.[/size]

We simply hate to not know what goes on beyond our borders! We do not wish for others to see us as uninvolved, because we are truly not. At least, Nyx wanted to know everything around her. She needed allies more than enemies or strangers, and newly developed packs were a safe place to start. It is why I was sent here; to make sure you know that we care. She nearly couldn't part fact from fiction anymore as she heard her own lies - they were spoken with such conviction that one had to doubt her sole existence just to begin doubting her words.[/tr][/td][/table]
Ghost
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
Put off by the woman's reaction, Rannoch found himself uncertain with how he wanted to move forward with this interaction. Though she seemed genuine, there had been something in the way she had expressed what kind of wolves she ran with that had rubbed the Alpha in the wrong way. He hoped that it was all just a big misunderstanding, but, he could not deny what his gut told him. 

Wanting to know more about the Feathery Woods, Rannoch thought that the best place to start and from there he could solidify whether or not his instinct was right or wrong.  "Who leads your pack?" He asked the star-kissed woman, attempting to mask his concern with the topic at hand.
Eternal Black She Brings
565 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
[table width=80%][tr][td]It soon became apparent that the man before her was getting all the answers while she was left with nothing - this was not a good deal and it made her rather irritated with him. He was an alpha, for sure, and she was in his territory - but, damn, if she could she would've said how unfair this whole situation seemed. Still, her expression was soft and rather friendly, body telling a story of silent submission.

My brother. Again, she wasn't lying, for she did not believe Nemesis did anything except complain and play unfair games. While Atshen did not exactly lead the whole pack, his position was one of power and simply the only one she was willing to acknowledge. How strong does your pack stand - how many members, I mean? She questioned then, feeling that it was her turn to ask something.[/tr][/td][/table]
Ghost
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
"We're about fifteen strong," he replied smoothly, feeling more confident once Nyx had given her information. But, needless to say, the Alpha was still somewhat guarded in the information he shared. Now that the Tyro had given him some valuable information, the turquoise-eyed male felt that it was time to learn more about the pack she hailed from. 

"What about your pack?" He asked with an arch of his brow, the depths of his baritone smoothly transitioning to his next point, "How many members run with your brother and where are these Feathery Woods?" Despite the allusion of his trust, there was still something particularly odd about the name of the pack she had given him.
Eternal Black She Brings
565 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away

Fifteen huh? That was an awful lot, she knew that much. Still, the alpha seemed nearly no older than her, which got her to think that either the wolves of this forest had flawed judgement, the male was older and more experienced than he looked or the wolves following him were even younger or about the same age. Many theories were possible, and Nyx hated not knowing the specifics. Our numbers rise and fall with the tide - we are more of a retreat for stranded souls. Some stay, some go. Twisting the truth in a less revealing way, Nyx weaved herself a tale that even she could believe. We are located past a big lake down the mountainside. There were many lakes that she encountered, all somewhat near the "Feathery Woods", but perhaps none close enough to truly determine their whereabouts. How long have you and your wolves been settled here? She asked then. And may I know your name in exchange for mine?
Ghost
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
Nyx's answers were vague, giving Rannoch only an inkling of what she meant. There was no substantial information provided in her statements, and he took note of this with a short nod. The conversation was volleyed back into his court, and this time, he decided to give her as much information as he had been provided. "A little bit," he replied, and, honestly, he wasn't lying. When the next aspect of their conversation came to light, Rannoch decided to revert back to his honesty. Seeing as she had given her name, he felt it fair to give his name. 

"I'm Rannoch. It's nice to meet you, Nyx." 
Eternal Black She Brings
565 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away

Perhaps Nyx was just a very oblivious, innocent girl trying to do the best for her pack. She could have been for all Rannoch, as he called himself, knew. Perhaps she had fallen on her head a few times trying to climb these nearly untameable mountains. To be very honest with herself, she would've trusted herself if she were in this leader's place. How many full moons have you and your wolves seen while here, in this vale? She asked then, eyes flickering from the ground to the other's chest as a smile changed her expression entirely. The night sky must be beautiful from here. I never see much of it in our forest. Few clearings, you see? She tried to make some small conversation, perhaps to enforce trust from both sides. She could not return to Damien empty-pawed.

The pleasure is all mine. She said rather cheerily in her accented voice, closing her eyes as a genuine grin painted itself on her young face.
Ghost
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
For whatever reason Rannoch had found himself slowly finding himself raising the wall of his defense with every question that was asked. He wasn't sure why he felt this way, perhaps it had been the name of his pact that had raised suspicion, but, regardless, the Alpha felt his jaw tightening at her every word. This occurred only until she shifted his attention to the skies above, commenting on the stars and the view that they had. It was as though the personability of her comment reminded him of the promise she had made at the beginning of their exchange:  "I mean no harm nor do I wish to misuse all that is given to me." And it was then that the male relaxed.

Both embarrassed for letting his suspicion get the better of him and comforted by the reminder of her word, Rannoch's posture relaxed as he felt the weight of his stress lift. "Yeah, we're lucky to have it," replied Rannoch, exhaling his unwanted feelings and shifting his attention to the sky. "We've had this view for about a month," said Rannoch, returning his eyes to hers.
Eternal Black She Brings
565 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away

Unlike the male, Nyx never relaxed. This conversation was and would forever be a battle, no matter who was in on it and who was not. Still, her smile did not waver, even though the strain of her cheeks was a foreign feeling. Convincing she was, and she did not doubt her stamina when it came to serving Damien. Dying for him would even be a privilege.

She tipped her pretty head to the side, blinking interestedly and even somewhat flirty. Miraak said she could misuse the feelings of males and twist them to her advantage, or something along those lines. She giggled softly in a way that she herself would call cute. That is not very long - do you and your wolves like it here? She said as her mismatched eyes glided over the walls that surrounded them. I never thought a vale could be this beautiful - not that I have seen one before... She laughed again.
Ghost
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
Nyx was growing more personable by the moment, making his ease settle all the more quickly. Despite his renewed sense of peace over the situation, this did not mean in any way that Rannoch let his guard down. He would be careful in the way which he picked out his words, as he did not want to disclose too much information. To be honest, the Alpha didn't even know the proper protocol on these interactions, and as such, he was merely attempting to navigate this situation with as much care as he could. It would be a lesson well earned in the end. But, currently, it felt as though he was just keeping his head above the water. 

His eyes followed hers as she regarded the walls around them, his expression emulating the fondness in which he felt for them. "We love it," he breathed, unable to express his gratitude for the fact that they had found a range that so perfectly fulfilled their needs. "I had never seen one, either," disclosed the Alpha, turning his attention back to the woman at his doorstep. "But, honestly, I wouldn't have it any other way." 
Eternal Black She Brings
565 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away

It came as no surprise that the man and his followers loved it here; as much as Nyx was lying, she could not deny the vale's beauty. Ever since from a young age had she longed to see something like it; something pure and beautiful. She had always thought it would be her own children, no matter who the father may be, would receive this affectionate look. Perhaps beauty lay not just in the young - perhaps it lay in much more. Could it be... that it was also still inside of her? Or had she done too much wrong to be called beautiful?

I can imagine. She giggled dreamily, returning her gaze to the man's powerful chest. At least they had something in common. This is my first time in the mountains, you know? She commented, strangely more talkative than she'd been most of her life.
Ghost
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
Astrid's comment piqued Rannoch's interest, and such shifting in his attention was apparent in his expression. "You've never been out this way?" He asked, regurgitating the information that she had just provided. "Were we the only reason why you came out here?" Rannoch queried, tilting his head as he spoke. He would understand if it was, as leaders often sent their members out of scouting missions, but, he was still curious to learn about the prologue of her mission to seek out the information she desired.
Eternal Black She Brings
565 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away

A cute-ish giggle escaped her and her ears were pressed to the starry fluff of her neck. Did you not notice my youthful appearance? I was not allowed here until now. She explained, but not mockingly so. She did not want to make an indication that the alpha before her was any kind of stupid. She knew how prideful some could be, and it would not do her good to offend Rannoch right now. Well, my task was to find a pack we had no knowledge on just yet and make sure everything was okay. So, in a way, you really were the reason. She said lightly, as if it was a good thing for them. 
Ghost
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
Embarrassment is quick to consume the Alpha, and at this, he ducked his head quickly as he pushed forth an apologetic expression. "I should have noticed," he replied, lifting his head as he spoke. Wanting to elaborate on his short statement, he added quickly, "Most of our members have wandered about from young ages, and I assumed that you had as well." It was odd for Rannoch to hear of a wolf that hadn't traveled far from their lands, yet, the aquamarine-eyed wolf did not hold this against her. 

He smiled broadly at her next comment, his tail saying as she explained the reasoning for her arrival. "I see," said the leader thoughtfully, briefly pondering on her journey. He assumed it must have been quite the trek for her to travel and as such, figured that he might as well offer her something to sustain her until she returned home. "Are you hungry?" he asked offhandedly, knowing that they would have something to offer to her. "If you are, I'm more than happy to offer up something from our cache to sustain you until you get back to the woods." Even with his guard up, he figured that it was the decent thing to do.
Eternal Black She Brings
565 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away

She made a face that resembled embarrassment mixed with flattery. It wasn't hard to pull this nice-girl act off, and that concerned her even more than anything at that moment. At least Rannoch seemed to trust her better now - he did not question her like before and she found a strange string of attachment being woven by a spider from her heart to his. She glared down the imaginary spider and it stopped immediately with what it was doing, leaving the cobweb to dance in the wind. I wish! She answered with a tinge of hopefulness. At least now I get to go just a little beyond everything I have known. She said with a sweet smile.

Oh, no no no - I would not want you to give me anything that could potentially be of use to your pack. She answered, actually just not wanting to owe him. I am a self-taught hunter - I am sure I will find something on my way home. She reassured, wondering why the alpha would give up food for a stranger. Perhaps he was too good - she had heard of those wolves, yet did not know any in person. Well, perhaps Miraak?
Ghost
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
In the past, Rannoch could have related with Astrid in regards to going beyond just what he knew. But a twist of unfortunate events drove the Alpha's range much farther than the average wolf's, and as such, Rannoch had seen much more of the world than she had. Seeing this naivety for what laid beyond her existence, Rannoch hoped silently that the world out there was kinder to her than it had been to him. 

With her rejection, Rannoch nodded simply, taking no offense as she explained her reasoning. The food had been an olive branch to unite the Feathery Woods with the Vale, to show peacefulness between their ranks. But, with her saying no, there were no severed ties between the Alpha and the Speaker. Instead, he found himself fancying the wolf that had come to the doorstep of his borders. With this, the Alpha looked to Nyx with curiosity, wondering if she had gotten all the information that she had needed.
Eternal Black She Brings
565 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away

With everything as good as done, she could not find the right words to speak at that very moment. She had shut down his gift respectfully and, in her humble opinion, had been a great, little unexpected guest. She looked at Rannoch, then to the walls of the vale she had to somehow conquer. Going down had been easier, but she was sure she could get out. Damien would be so thrilled to hear all this!

Right, then it has been a pleasure meeting you, Rannoch of the Vale. She said sweetly. I hope we will meet again. She added, looking away as if she were blushing.
Ghost
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
Rannoch smiled to the woman's sentiments, his expression growing soft as he watched her glance away. "You as well, Nyx of the Woods," he replied. He hoped that this interaction had been the beginning of a bright future between the Vale and the Woods and he genuinely hoped that they would cross paths again. 

"Safe travels home," he added as he took a step in reverse to allow her more room to make her departure.
Eternal Black She Brings
565 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away

While it was hard for a being even as cold as Nyx to dislike the man, she did not truly wish to see him again. What if Damien would start to suspect something? What if he were to think she'd rather trade him for some hunk that lived in a cool vale? Her place was besides her Dark Master, and it was exactly at his side that she'd be staying till his or her death. Her loyalty could not be questioned; not at that moment, at least.

She nodded appreciatively, adding one of her smiles (that were pretty hard to come by for anyone not an outsider for the woods) before turning and staring up the wall of the vale. She wasn't a good climber, not yet, but she trusted she was light and swift enough to safely make it up there. And so she started her way back up again, slipping and stumbling every now and then, but not falling. Her white brows were pulled down in a concentrated frown, her steps carefully calculated and placed with the delicacy of butterfly wings.