Noctisardor Bypass But I'm smiling at everything
I once saw the end of my life.
427 Posts
Ooc —
Private 
Set a few hours or so before Storm's arrival! @Cry - Sorry for crappy post!

Gwen sat on the ground outside her den, tail flicking, simply thinking. She had just caught a rabbit, but had brought it to Cebra. The mother seemed to be doing well, which was good. Her three young pups were healthy, or so she had been told. The Empress had realised just before she caught the rabbit that it had now been exactly one month since Cry joined the pack, and he had done well. Exceptionally well - it seemed he was always busying himself with a task, and he had not only helped the pack, but he had helped her. It was time for a promotion, she believed.

With a small smile, she lifted her head up and called for him, hoping that he wasn't out patrolling so that she wouldn't be interupting his tasks. Cry was very much ready to join the Medios, so the Ice Queen hoped he was willing to do so. He could now be a completely trusted member. At least, Gwen trusted him.
[Image: 8rXo9x9.gif]
537 Posts
Ooc — Sɪᴛʜ’ᴀʀɪ
No you're fine really, thank you for the post! <3

He was indeed patrolling, continuting the endless task of marking the borders, reinforcing the defense, making sure any and all knew how watchful of a guardian he was for this pack. It did feel as if he were alone in his taks, the unending circuits he made silent and almost uneventful. None came near, and he hadn't been lucky enough to spot that whelp sister of Horosk's. He was lucky he didn't have to patrol with the bastard either, or else nothing would have gotten done. Cry wasn't petty enough to hold onto the past and make it hinder his work, but he wasn't so nice enough to just let this wolf superior of his endanger this pack, either.

He never got the chance to tell Gwen what truly was going down with the man, the damn russet that was too caught up in his feelings to even apologize to the assassin for being a fool. But no matter; his time was up, because apparently the ivory queen called his name, specifically. And he would be damned if she didn't find out about this.

With cutoff from his route, the shadow prince smoothly left the fringe of the circle of territory border, and headed inland. Gentle and unheard steps, through efficient and demoloshing to distance between he and the beauty who led this pack. Upon the hills he found her, not too far from the densite of Cebra, mate of Mawk, woman of children now, it seemed. His siter had taken the time to coontinuously see to this woman, ensuring she had the best pup care the angelic fae could offer, and as sparse as he was with his own duties as she was hers, they barely ran across eachother in the day. But in the dawn hours, he retired to a den which they shared, the angel curled up and sleeping, leaving just enough room for him to snuggle next to her.

Higher he climbed until he was in Gwen's presence, and only then did he release a greeting. Crown of cascading darkness knelt in a respectfully humble height, as words spilled effortlessly from an onyx lipped maw.

"Hello, lady Gwen. You've summoned me?"
427 Posts
Ooc —
<3

Gwen did not have to wait too long for Cry to arrive. The Empress smiled, nodding her head in greeting to the ever working guardian. She was very much grateful to him, for he was working incredibly hard for this pack. The others, too, worked very hard, but they were not constantly patrolling and reinforcing the borders like Cry did. "Cry, you have done much for this pack already just in your daily work, and I have realised that you have been a part of Ganador for a month now. Time flies, doesn't it?" She hadn't noticed how fast time went, it was a curious thing. "I wish to promote you to Medio, as I know I can trust you in times of need. I have spoken with a few other members of the pack and they agree, so I see not a single reason to delay this. We don't have much of a ceremony of anything like that just yet, but I hope you accept the title."

She smiled again, a small uncommon breeze ruffling her fur elegantly as she sat, regal in her appearance without really knowing it. The Ice Queen met the gaze of the darker wolf, eyes searching for a reaction. Would he be pleased with his promotion?
537 Posts
Ooc — Sɪᴛʜ’ᴀʀɪ
'It does,' he almost said. He wasn't fond of it doing that, as wolves didn't live that long. A month passing so swiftly under his nose only proved how ingrained he was in his work. That was another month stolen from him, though in perspective, he had no other choice but to let time have its due.

Cry mused over who the few wolves who actually met him. He thought of Mawk, the blonde father, mated to Illecebra, the wife and mother, and Horosk. Who else would have agreed for his rise within the pack? He doubted Horosk would have agreed, as what superior would support a rebellious inferior?

It felt as though it weren't genuine, but he could see this had meant some semblance of special to the ivoria,
so he placed a smile and a minor tailwag at the promotions mention. She spoke of how she could trust him in her times of need, but could she really? Did she really know what type of wolf he was? A hidden secret, completing circle after circle to a phantom pack, waiting until after hours to sneak off and have meetings with his uncle over the making of some pack. Already amassing a small creww of wolves in which to call a 'Family'. Did she really know who she cast the title to?

Guilt would wash over a normal wolf, it would cull the coward into a rant, a furious speech of regret, begging for forgiveness and mercy for such debauchary. But Cry felt nothing. The smile kept, and the wag continued, a methodical 'swish swish' that illustrated 'gratitude'.
Could he tell her? Or was he held back by something useless? How would this be worth her time? His? Could he keep wearing this mask long enough for his uncle to round up the wolves and information he needed? What of Leila? How would the ivory princess feel if he took away the gift he had brought her and her 'family', the healer and sitter, delicate angel Leila?
And how fast would she cast him out?

It would be strategic for him to keep the mask, and as an assassin, strategy was all he could use. He refused to war with this girl, this younger wolfess who had lost so much already. He wouldn't call his uncle on the Alphess who took him and his sister in. Even as business was just business, if she didn't know of the trade, how could he dare involve her to misery?

Icy glacials kept on the innocent sapphires of the pale girl, and he spoke seconds after her own words ended. Enough time for her to think it was the promotion he thought over, and not the entire fate of this pack.

"I do accept it, and I accept it with honor. Thank you, Gwen."
427 Posts
Ooc —
Sorry for the late post, been rather busy lately!

Gwen watched as Cry did not speak for a while, and she wondered briefly if something was wrong. The pack was quiet, she knew, and perhaps he was not a fan of the group. Perhaps he didn't want the promotion - perhaps he didn't want to be here. But she was grateful to him. Even if he didn't want to stay with the Bypass wolves, his first chat with her, when she felt so very down, was one that she always kept with her for it was that, along with a few other things, that kept her going. He had said that he believed in her, and that had helped. Just four words made such a difference.

Finally he answered, and she nodded, glad that he did not mention leaving or anything of the sort, though there were matters pressing in the back of her mind that she would have to sort out soon. So much to do - it was strange how on some days, the pack seemed empty. Lifeless. But she knew, very much, that the Bypass wolves were working. Illecebra caring for the pups and Mawk doing extra hunting and patrolling to make up for that, Semira working on her hunting skills and doing the daily tasks, along with Horosk, Leila helping Cebra and the young, and Cry doing his work too. Only Circe was not an active contributor to the pack, and Gwen planned to speak to her very soon about it. The Empress no longer would neglect the issue that had to be solved - the raven was not pulling her weight in this pack and that had to be corrected or Gwen would have no choice but to cast her out. That would be a shame, because they needed everyone they could get.

"I'm glad. The Medio's will welcome you with open arms - though I know that there was an... incident with you and Horosk, he saw that you worked hard and accepted that you had as much right to the rank as he did." The ivory queen gave a small chuckle, thinking back on their conversation. The other Medio had not been very willing to let Cry into the Middle tier, but he had agreed in the end that he pulled his weight and worked as hard as everyone else, if not sometimes more. Still, Gwen knew that he wasn't a big fan of the darker male. But, regardless, Cry was a Medio now and trusted by the Empress.