Redhawk Caldera it's so simple
783 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Master Ranger
Liffey had done her best to hide her anxiety from Rannoch on the way there. Nervousness was one thing, but to let onto the utter panic she felt was not something the Delta had any intention of doing. She hadn't been here in months, and she was entirely uncertain of what sort of welcome she would receive here now considering the manner in which she had left. Would Finley even come? Would she even want to see her? Would Lagan? Would anyone?

The thought made her sick, and for the millionth time, she pushed it forcefully from her head for fear of it causing her to turn away and abandon this adventure altogether. It was something she probably would have done long ago were it not for Rannoch, so generously at her side, encouraging her with his gentle smiles and excited comments. Liffey thought her heart would explode as she watched him fish for a gift for her father, and even now as he set it down at his feet, she was pretty certain she was at great risk of dissolving into a puddle of adorable-overload. He was her steadying force whenever she came near to breaking, and he didn't even have to try. He probably didn't even realize just how monumentally important his presence at her side really was to her.

Liffey gazed ahead at the Caldera's gently rising slopes ahead of them, eyes slipping across the familiar trails leading up and over the ledges. Her heart clenched suddenly upon being asked if she was ready, but she did not show it but for the brief flare of emotion in her fiery eyes. She said nothing, worried she might vomit if she parted her lips. She merely nodded, slowly, almost mechanically, as tears of anxiety crept into the edges of her eyelids.
if I knew where I was going, I'd lose my way.
~•~
Messages In This Thread
it's so simple - by Rannoch’s Ghost - July 19, 2017, 10:23 AM
RE: it's so simple - by Liffey - July 19, 2017, 07:28 PM
RE: it's so simple - by Towhee - July 19, 2017, 09:52 PM
RE: it's so simple - by Rannoch’s Ghost - July 20, 2017, 04:00 PM
RE: it's so simple - by Elwood - July 24, 2017, 08:32 AM
RE: it's so simple - by Liffey - July 24, 2017, 05:02 PM
RE: it's so simple - by Towhee - July 24, 2017, 06:16 PM
RE: it's so simple - by Rannoch’s Ghost - July 25, 2017, 07:55 PM
RE: it's so simple - by Elwood - July 26, 2017, 11:12 AM
RE: it's so simple - by Liffey - July 27, 2017, 12:48 PM