King Elk Forest (brave as a noun)
✶ ✶ ✶ ✶
686 Posts
Ooc — remus
Away
since the roman showed him the forest, delight has rarely strayed from its depths. if someone questions him on it, the wisp has two answers to offer: he wants to find the mysterious elk king hinted at in the name, and also, he needs to figure out what's wrong with it, because something must be. he is not having luck with either, admittedly. the forest is not the most beautiful or fantastical site, but it is cozy and teeming with life and more and more the boy connects it to the idea of home.

weird thing, that. really he's exploring because he wants to keep watch, doesn't want to miss a moment of the little pack's development. he hasn't gotten the chance to speak to mato about the trade he's aiming for, but that's fine for now. he's a little embarrassed by it, but.. it makes sense, doesn't it, since he's here from the beginning, to see everything and make sure he doesn't miss a moment. (to make sure he doesn't lose anything else). and he's clever enough to notice and remember, and even if he isn't, he wants to be. the wisp frowns, circling a tree aimlessly as he lets his thoughts wander.
558 Posts
Ooc —
Master Therapist

Seabreeze has found her way back to the Forest, but she is alone this time.  She figured that with the altercation with Mattias that it was her time to leave the Vale and perhaps she was right, but traveling by herself brought some memories back of being injured and alone that she did not care for.  Funny enough it was easier to brush those worrisome thoughts away — she had Trajan and Delight to call family now, and soon enough Mato would join her.

She sighs, brushing herself up against what was soon to be their borders, scouting for anyone new she might be able to bring into their pack, but she chrips when instead she catches the little dark boy? man? with pale moon eyes.

Oh, hello, she calls out, fancy meeting you here.  It is a joke, but perhaps he wouldn't get it.

[Image: 70c0c50922211f79c19a9fbb2dbe797a.png]

✶ ✶ ✶ ✶
686 Posts
Ooc — remus
Away
her voice catches him off guard -- he turns too sharply and gently bonks his head against the tree. a scowl twists his face, but maybe she didn't notice, or would be kind enough not to comment. the singing-sunlight raises his head and steps back with as much dignity as he can muster and turns to face her. the effect is only partly ruined by his sour expression. at this point it may as well be semi-permanent. "yeah." he says, his face smoothing out to neutrality as he talks. the joke goes right over his head. "it's a big forrest, i guess. have you seen a big elk around?" he doesn't say king elk, because king is a pretty subjective term - mato's a king of sorts, and he's.. well, okay, it radiates from him, but still. besides, it's a little embarrassing.

"don't mind that, actually," he says, pale eyes sliding away. seabreeze - he does remember her name this time - seems very nice. so does everyone, actually, except trajan, who is kind of a jerk but okay enough. it makes his chest hurt a little. "so this is really happening, huh," del says, a little subdued for him. being vulnerable - well, he always was, kind of, but being open about it is a different thing. but everything is happening so fast, it's a lot to process alone, the boy thinks. maybe she feels the same.
558 Posts
Ooc —
Master Therapist

She worries for him as he bonks his head against a tree but he seems to shake it off well enough that she decides to just leave it be.  

There are quite a few elk around here, and yes, some of them are big.  But I have not witnessed the namesake of this forest, if that is what you are asking.  She had also not spoken with Mato very much about anything other than the ranks, and was rather confused about the structure of their blossoming pack.  She almost hoped he didn't ask her anything about it.

Yes, it is.  I am delighted, honestly, and then she remembers that his name is Delight and suddenly it is weird — right? I feel as if Mato is a very convincing leader, and I appreciate the individuals we have gathered for this pack so far.  I believe we can be successful.

She ponders for a moment and weighs the way he phrased things on her mind for a moment. Do you worry often?  I understand it not feeling real.

✶ ✶ ✶ ✶
686 Posts
Ooc — remus
Away
a blush creeps across him, caught out. "okay thanks anyway," he mutters under his breath, petulant in his embarrassment. though the wisp agrees with her sentiment, he wonders at the formality of her tone. maybe he is wrong about their relationship - surely his girlfriend wouldn't speak of him so .. boring-ly, but then again, maybe she's faking it to throw him off. or maybe she's just like that and who's he to judge. (he's delight. of course he's here to judge.)

more importantly, and embarrassingly, the astute woman seems to have picked up on his tone. he sits, looking anywhere but at her face. a slicker wolf could lie or mask his feelings, but delight was still pretty childish, after all. "sort of, though it's not - worry exactly. i've just seen things go pretty bad before. it's hard to not expect the worst?" he's edging around it, minding the fresh wounds. "i'm just keeping an eye on everything s'all."
558 Posts
Ooc —
Master Therapist

She is disappointed in his reaction but does her best not to let it show, the only thing betraying her a little flick of her ears.  She wonders why this boy seems so upset, so sour all the time but decides for now not to push it. 

I.... Yes, I understand.  I have also seen things go.. pretty badly.  To be quite honest I worry for this pack — I worry over everything, but like I said I trust and adore the individuals that have so gracefully decided to be a part of Tindómë.  She dances around her own fresh wounds, what drove her to come to Tindómë's home so early, shifting on her feet as her tail brushes against her hocks.

I appreciate you looking out for us, she chirps, trying to comfort the boy.

✶ ✶ ✶ ✶
686 Posts
Ooc — remus
Away
it's a little comforting to hear her say she's seen things too. he doesn't really know what she means by that, and he finally looks back at her, pale gaze curious. del wants to know but he isn't sure how to push for that knowledge quite yet, and he doesn't want to lose this chance at - what, comfort? something like reassurance, anyway. "everyone's pretty okay." he agrees, slightly less critical than normal, and even offers a tentative half-smile at the compliment. "well, it's just, i didn't do a good enough job of keeping track before, and now it's too late," he says, shy voice vague, and looks away again. "but, um, thanks, i guess." baby steps.
558 Posts
Ooc —
Master Therapist

Do not worry.  I understand it is hard, but Tindómë is a new start for all of us, Delight.  I had a family, and here she pauses, unsure whether it was appropriate to continue.  But she wanted to relate to him, somehow. I had a sister and a brother.  My brother survives, but my sister does not.  And he blames me.

She leaves that thought there and shrugs, offering him a smile. You can keep track from the beginning here, and you can tell the story of Tindómë from its very birth.  That is a great thing.

She hopes she did not worry him with her talk of her family; she was not a murderer and she did not know it but an outsider would have a hard time thinking of her as one.  But she did not know what this peculiar, yet delightful fellow had going on in his head; such a mysterious wolf he was.

✶ ✶ ✶ ✶
686 Posts
Ooc — remus
Away
oh. "that's rough," he says awkwardly. he could not imagine the sweet girl being the cause of anyone's death intentionally, but he also understood survivor's guilt better than most. "my birth pack - family's all gone. i think." he pauses, frowning. "there was a, i don't know, earthquake or something. a landslide. i was the only out not there, so." the boy shrugs small and looks down, surprised his voice isn't shaking. he hasn't said it all out loud until now.

"anyway, yeah, that," the androgyne says quickly, eager to push past his vulnerability, "i wanna do that, so. thanks, seabreeze." delight's all sharp edges and confused vulnerability but he does appreciate her in that moment. the wolves of tindómë really do feel like family, he thinks, and he wants to preserve that feeling as best he can forever.
558 Posts
Ooc —
Master Therapist

She gives him a concerned, motherly look that somehow comes off as not-patronizing.  The yearling looks to the boy's broken-dish eyes and she sees him, where he is coming from.  For a moment he reminds her of Mattias, bristling and angry, but Delight is more soft-spoken, more gentle than the beast that was her brother.

If it means anything, I am happy you survived and found your way here.  We are glad to have you, Delight.  She does not want to linger on his open wounds, she does not want to draw out the pain but she wants him to know that ultimately, more than anything else that he is accepted here.  If Mato could convince her that the birth of this pack was a new start for her, it surely could be for Delight as well.

Of course, you're welcome. So, do Chroniclers tell their stories?  I've never met one.  But once we've been established longer, you should tell me what you've seen.  From your point of view.  She shrugs, then confiding in the boy. I would love to pursue a Counselor trade and three separate specialties all under that branch.  I wish to be a master counselor.  Therapist, mediator, advisor.  Sometimes I worry over this niche, but it feels right somehow.

✶ ✶ ✶ ✶
686 Posts
Ooc — remus
Away
under her gaze he can't help but want to bristle just slightly, forever unsure what to do with affectionate attention. still, it is comforting, and he does appreciate her, even as he looks away, grumbling under his breath half-heartedly. "me too," he mutters, turned shy, and fidgets where he stands. 

actually, she raises a good point - they do, he knows, to - new children and members and alphas and the like, keep the history of the pack going, et-cetera, but in general? he imagines himself older and wiser, perhaps wrapped in a frond-turned-shawl, atop a large rock as he tells a crowd the story of tindómë. even in his head he feels embarrassed thinking about it. thankfully seabreeze has moved on, so delight doesn't answer. "no, i think it's good," he says, a little awkwardly. "you're, uh, very comforting. to be around. and i think - well, mato and me, anyway, already see you in that, uh. light." he can definitely see it in her. "and anyway, uh, i think it's good for someone like that to be around, so." 
558 Posts
Ooc —
Master Therapist

Although he tells her that her presence is comforting, she cannot help but feel as if she disconcerts him in a way.  But then again, had she not disconcerted everyone she had met?  Her presence tended to loom in a way similar though unidentical to her brother's, full with pregnant silence and a striking gaze to match.

But he is right.  It is good to have someone like her around.  She comforts herself, momentarily freed of the fretful feeling that often gripped her upon her return to the King Elk.  Every pack needs a counselor, and this was her working on her trade, professing her trade.

She had often worried about not being able to fulfill the needs of Tindómë, or was it perhaps she feared falling short in the eyes of her packmates of Mato?  

She visibly softened towards Delight, nodding contentedly.  And it is good for us to have someone to tell our story, to weave our tale, and especially to have that wolf there from the beginning.  Thank you for being here.

✶ ✶ ✶ ✶
686 Posts
Ooc — remus
Away
she seems to accept his stilted attempts at comfort, which pleases him and makes him uneasy all the same. it occurs to him, not for the first time, how easily the beings of tindómë find shelter in each other (or at least how easily he seems to fit in amongst them, even with his sharp edges and unrefined angst). a twinge of guilt passes through the wisp: is this not better than the life he lost, even if that one was taken from him in tragedy? or maybe he'd been taught to not take things for granted. 

"i," he starts, entirely too sincere and soft, and pauses, embarrassment turning his voice back to its usual slightly-cut timbre. "--of course." the androgyne looks away, mumbles, "thanks though," and picks himself from his seated position. "i don't mind if you tell anyone what i told you," delight says after a minute - not that he thinks seabreeze is the gossiping type (unlike him and trajan, her and mato seem .. sort of ethereal, above that sort of petty thing), but now that he's said it out loud, he doesn't think it needs to be a grand secret or anything. "um, so i'm gonna go now, but thanks. again." it was a weight off his chest and - he was glad it had been seabreeze to offer reassurance, guidance, but boy it was a lot and he felt overwhelmed by his vulnerability. time to make a hasty retreat and have a good, resolved, sulk.
exit del unless seabreeze wants to keep him from goin! thank u for the thread <3