Hideaway Strath I’ll shoulder the load, and I’ll swallow the shame
he's raised on the edge of the devil's backbone
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
“Ah,” There is, for the first time in quite a long time ( that Arturo could recall at any rate ) a smart of humiliation that stirs beneath his breast as she corrects his assumption [that’s what you get for assuming turobutt~, torvi types smugly], reminding him that this is their first winter here. So many things have happened, so many bad things and a few good ones that he feels like he’s lived ten lifetimes here. Age has ceased to be relevant to the coywolf because he feels ancient — not in body ( which is still in it’s prime, thankyouverymuch ) but in his soul, in his mind. Time has become an indistinguishable blur of shit with those few good things offering a relief of a pause. He’s tired, he realizes; and eventually tired is going to morph itself into exhaustion; but he isn’t ready to let Teaghlaigh go. Not with children on the way, not when it’s numbers are low and it needs an experienced hand to guide it through the winter …which is going to be tough, he knows, and not when he has no one to take his place. The Lotturos are too young to assume the mantle and Chusi is far too unreliable. He hates to think that to himself but he is a pragmatic man and will not let himself be blinded by affection for his wayward daughter. She is disobedient and far too worried about adventures than she is leading. He’s known it for a long while, before he gave her the heir rank, truth be told; but a part of him held out hope nevertheless.

Ceannasach focuses in on Hemlock though, reminding himself that he has made her quite an offer, a …proposal really. Yes, he supposed he’s proposed. “Would I be asking if I wasn’t?” The gangster inquires teasingly, but the serious arrangement of his facial features assures her that he is very sure. “Lotte and I.” He reaffirms with a sage nod of his head. A power couple could easily become a power trio; in fact for many reasons more than just the children that they’ve created he hopes that she accepts but he won’t push her either way …and if she needs more time then Arturo’ll give that to her, as well.
wreathed in iron and in fire
i bare my bloody teeth
and only pity makes my strike so clean
Messages In This Thread
RE: I’ll shoulder the load, and I’ll swallow the shame - by Arturo - September 01, 2017, 04:05 AM