Blacktail Deer Plateau baby bear
we are all dust and shadows.
192 Posts
Ooc — Chase
Grayday speaks and goes straight to the point, the words 'i'm worried about you' slipping instantly from his lips. Raid stiffens, though she forces herself to relax a moment later, knowing he could probably sense her anxiety. Thing is, it feels almost outworldly to hear those words - truth to be told, she doesn't expect anyone to worry about her. They're not obliged too, after all - she's not blood family, and as far as she knows, she's just an outsider, still an outsider to the majority of them. She's well...she doesn't belong yet. Raid supposes that in some ways, she's just a tenant in their pack, paying by working. The realisation dawns on her coldly, like she's suddenly engulfed by ice and she shakes her head, swallowing.

There's more. His words draw forth another memory and with it, troubling emotions. These days, more of her memories have to do with a certain girl and she's beginning to remember - beginning to make sense of the bits and pieces she possesses. They're all pretty tame right now, but Raid senses that there's a bad ending to the story. There always is. Especially since she came to Teekon alone. That, she recalls. "I'm fine," Raid answers with a somewhat forced laugh, "I'm just, you know - I don't make friends easily, I don't know how to talk to people. I'm not, I don't know, like Aditya, I-it's just difficult," she confesses quietly.

"The memories are coming back as well, bits and pieces. Working helps keep my mind off it," she scuffs at the ground and glances at Grayday out of the corner of her eye. Just as she is about to continue speaking, however, someone else arrives. The newcomer's name is Kaevo, it appears, and she's pretty. She's tall and fit, with a pelt of uninterrupted midnight and striking orange eyes - Raid's always been a sucker for nice eyes. She doesn't say anything, however, but nods and swallows, realising all too late that she's been checking the girl out - not at all subtly. Raid averts her gaze instantly, hoping Kaevo doesn't see anything.

Grayday invites her on patrol with them and Raid says nothing, though she does make the effort to smile. She has mixed feelings about the whole thing. She's mostly just nervous. New wolves make her nervous, as do attractive people.
If you feel like you’re going to crash then accelerate more, you idiot
No matter how thorny the road is, run

Messages In This Thread
baby bear - by Raid - January 09, 2018, 03:46 PM
RE: baby bear - by Grayday Sr. - January 09, 2018, 11:27 PM
RE: baby bear - by Raid - January 10, 2018, 03:36 PM
RE: baby bear - by Kaevo - January 11, 2018, 06:29 AM
RE: baby bear - by Grayday Sr. - January 12, 2018, 10:57 PM
RE: baby bear - by Raid - January 13, 2018, 03:53 PM
RE: baby bear - by Kaevo - January 18, 2018, 07:22 AM
RE: baby bear - by Grayday Sr. - January 20, 2018, 01:56 PM
RE: baby bear - by Raid - January 24, 2018, 05:14 PM