Blacktail Deer Plateau it means beauty
101 Posts
Ooc — tweety bird
There was a rock nearby that remained just uncovered enough for a patch of moss to grow on its face. Forrest knew what she would have to do to get some sort of relief to the injury for the time being, but it was going to be a bit messy. I can help with that if you want, she offered with a smile, but you gotta trust me. That sound good, sweetpea? There was a moment of apprehension from Sorrel, then a nod. 

Forrest took a few slow steps toward the moss patch and tore off some of the drier pieces from the northern face (the sun helped to keep it from retaining too much moisture, which meant it would work perfectly), then came back to where the girl sat and laid down on her belly to begin preening the wound. My son had an injury like this, she said, and this helped him a lot.

There was one last look given to reaffirm the previous permission before Forrest bit down on the swollen ankle. She tried to be as gentle as possible while applying enough pressure to break the skin and bleed the wound. Sorrel yelped and drew back but Forrest was sure to hold her in place throughout the process. Once the draining had begun, she was able to draw back and watch for progress.
"Life is a winking light in the darkness."
Hayao Miyazaki
Messages In This Thread
it means beauty - by Forrest - January 13, 2018, 12:44 PM
RE: it means beauty - by Sorrel Marie - January 13, 2018, 12:47 PM
RE: it means beauty - by Forrest - January 13, 2018, 12:51 PM
RE: it means beauty - by Sorrel Marie - January 13, 2018, 12:58 PM
RE: it means beauty - by Forrest - January 13, 2018, 01:05 PM
RE: it means beauty - by Sorrel Marie - January 13, 2018, 01:08 PM
RE: it means beauty - by Forrest - January 13, 2018, 01:14 PM
RE: it means beauty - by Sorrel Marie - January 13, 2018, 01:23 PM
RE: it means beauty - by Forrest - January 13, 2018, 01:34 PM