Dragoncrest Cliffs A-after the war I went back to New York
what do i do after all this survival?
1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Thuringwethil wears her exhaustion like a cape, unable to untie and let it loose. It hangs around for several days following the war when she is meant to be resting, but unable to do anything but think about what happened. She’s been to war before, taken lives in the name of Drageda, but this victory does not feel the way it should. They helped the caldera and made their lands safer without the Blackfeather wolves around anymore and Wildfire is home safe. Everyone (she hasn’t done a headcount of those that remained) is home.

When Étoille’s call reaches her ears, she turns and idly makes her way to him. After a few minutes, realizing her gait has no purpose behind it, she shakes her head and begins to trot, dropping the drudging what energy she has to spare to close the distance. It is a strange feeling, she thinks. Étoille has spent more time away from Drageda than actively in it but she feels closer to him on their cultural level than she does some of the others. His dedication to them has given her surprise and a fondness has formed and she wonders, very briefly, if he has this effect on everyone.

She sees him through the redwoods and she weaves over, slowing to a stop and greeting him with a single nod.
Trigedasleng · Common
all that wanting, all that aching, all that capacity for love:
it never belonged to you in the first place
Messages In This Thread
A-after the war I went back to New York - by Étoille - January 30, 2018, 07:31 PM
RE: A-after the war I went back to New York - by Antumbra - January 31, 2018, 08:03 AM
RE: A-after the war I went back to New York - by Étoille - January 31, 2018, 07:34 PM
RE: A-after the war I went back to New York - by Antumbra - January 31, 2018, 07:54 PM
RE: A-after the war I went back to New York - by Étoille - February 02, 2018, 02:00 PM
RE: A-after the war I went back to New York - by Antumbra - February 03, 2018, 02:32 PM
RE: A-after the war I went back to New York - by Étoille - February 04, 2018, 08:26 PM
RE: A-after the war I went back to New York - by Antumbra - February 06, 2018, 03:41 PM
RE: A-after the war I went back to New York - by Étoille - February 06, 2018, 09:19 PM
RE: A-after the war I went back to New York - by Antumbra - February 07, 2018, 07:53 AM
RE: A-after the war I went back to New York - by Étoille - February 07, 2018, 07:04 PM