Wapun Meadow tears of blood
249 Posts
Ooc — Miryam
They lifted their noses and cried out with him, their mournful cries ringing across the valley, lifting to the crimson moon overhead. When they had finished, he lowered his gaze and saw that the white wolf had approached, first, lingering by the kill--and the other--he recognized her as Poet, now--lie before him, neck twisted to bare her throat.

My guilty bones. He shook his head slowly, lowering himself to her level. "Rise, woman," he whispers, crystalline eyes firm and unblinking as he stared into hers. "Fengari does not desire your blood. Not now, not ever."

Phocion looked over to the other woman, looking so hesitantly at the rabbit. He padded over, still in a trance, and submerged his paw in the pool of rapidly cooling blood, lifting it to sweep across her cheek in a gentle arc. He did the same to Poet, whispering a prayer as he did so.

"Blessed are you who submit to Fengari," he murmured, speaking in the ritualistic tongue once more. "Children of the moon and stars, know your birthright and rejoice in it. You alone are the masters of this world."

They were thus baptized, and it was good. Phocion would remain here until the moon descended below the horizon; only then would he retreat and retire.

sorry sorry sorry for the wait!! i'm gonna fade here if that's ok. you can play whether or not they accepted the blood paint; i left it ambiguous
Messages In This Thread
tears of blood - by Phocion - February 02, 2018, 12:20 AM
RE: tears of blood - by Olive - February 02, 2018, 01:31 AM
RE: tears of blood - by Hamartia - February 03, 2018, 01:54 PM
RE: tears of blood - by Phocion - February 08, 2018, 01:21 PM
RE: tears of blood - by Olive - February 12, 2018, 03:01 PM
RE: tears of blood - by Hamartia - February 12, 2018, 07:01 PM
RE: tears of blood - by Phocion - February 26, 2018, 12:01 PM
RE: tears of blood - by Olive - February 27, 2018, 03:38 PM
RE: tears of blood - by Hamartia - March 02, 2018, 02:16 PM