Blacktail Deer Plateau On the borders
Shattered windows and the sound of drums - People couldn't believe what I'd become
1,357 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Dante was a bit surprised by the compliment, but pleased. Compliments were a rare thing for him... he was used to just kind of blending into the surroundings. Sure he'd had nice things spoken of him, but they were mostly of the type 'mellow', or 'reliable', or even 'agreeable'. Not generally physical. "Thank you, I could say much the same of yours." He noted the addition with amusement... no homo. He didn't feel the need to add such a thing, he assumed the other male would take what he wanted from it.

He figured that Peregrine was probably used to getting compliments, he really was a lovely specimen. Yet still very easy to talk to. Dante could see himself getting along very well with this other male. But friendship? Maybe. After all, the conversation was going well. Dante just had a hard time really connecting. He was well aware of this fact, it was one of the things that made him rather unmemorable. It was something he was working on... he just hadn't gotten very far on that whole improvement front.

As Peregrine spoke of the pack, Dante could see that he did take pride in his home. An admirable trait in an Alpha. If the leader didn't love the pack that was usually the first sign to cut and run. He was a bit curious when he mentioned his no-longer mate... it was unusual for such a thing to occur amongst their kind, but manners declined any sort of reaction. Those types of things were better left alone unless brought up by those directly involved. "All good traits for a pack," he responded, somewhat impressed with the Alpha's direct manner and description. And an alpha, he thought silently. Honestly, he liked this wolf... but Helena had equal say in where they stayed, and he would have to discuss it with her before joining up with a pack. "And those jobs both seem right up my alley, I make a better fighter than scout. Though I'm sure that's self explanatory." He smiled good-naturedly. It was a trade-off he'd gladly take, he enjoyed defending when the cause was worth fighting for. He liked to hear that though... that defenders were worth more than fighters. Dante didn't like much the idea of taking the fight across borders, an ideal that these wolves seemed to share.

"I guess my main question would be, what do you feel your pack has that others in these parts do not?" Dante met his eyes briefly, not a challenge, per say, but more to show the directness of the question. He broke the contact after only a moment, flicking his black-tipped tail. He was curious as to what the response would be. It was not only in praise of your own pack that character was shown, but also in your criticism of the competition. Dante wouldn't judge his bias harshly, after all, they were rival packs. But still, he was curious.
Messages In This Thread
On the borders - by Dante RIP - June 02, 2014, 09:39 PM
RE: On the borders - by Peregrine Redhawk - June 03, 2014, 08:29 AM
RE: On the borders - by Dante RIP - June 03, 2014, 10:54 AM
RE: On the borders - by Peregrine Redhawk - June 03, 2014, 05:37 PM
RE: On the borders - by Dante RIP - June 03, 2014, 06:05 PM
RE: On the borders - by Peregrine Redhawk - June 03, 2014, 06:44 PM
RE: On the borders - by Dante RIP - June 03, 2014, 07:07 PM
RE: On the borders - by Peregrine Redhawk - June 03, 2014, 07:14 PM
RE: On the borders - by Dante RIP - June 03, 2014, 07:44 PM
RE: On the borders - by Peregrine Redhawk - June 04, 2014, 02:52 PM
RE: On the borders - by Dante RIP - June 04, 2014, 09:42 PM