Blacktail Deer Plateau On the borders
Shattered windows and the sound of drums - People couldn't believe what I'd become
1,357 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
So, not only brawn, but with a touch of wisdom also, Dane thought as the alpha spoke. His talk of dominating not only through violence, but through resource use, was one many would not take into account. Most wolves thought with their claws and teeth, that the only way to beat an enemy was in combat. True generals, though, knew how to use other methods to either take what was not theirs or keep what was. It seemed the focus here was on the latter. And though that may not be the title here, Peregrine seemed a true General.

He was surprised to hear, though, that Peregrine didn't take an active interest in the packs surrounding. How could he be so assured of his pack's station if he did not know the strengths and status of the surrounding wolves? It could show either an admirable confidence or a severe flaw to let one's pride make such statements. Dante reserved judgement, though... again, he didn't know these lands, nor would he presume to anytime soon. "As I am sure you should be. A bright future is a great strength and shows that a pack is truly thriving." A child's inheritance. Peregrine spoke so proudly, with such hope and happiness for the future, yet it sent a small barb to Dante's core. Had his own father done as such, perhaps things would have been different.

"You paint a pretty picture, good sir," Dante said, smiling. "But with a wolf like you at the helm, how could it not be? You seem truly capable, I respect that." He tipped his head in a salute. "In all honesty, I in no way see the appeal to your situation. It is a lot of responsibility, but you wear the burden well." Dante could tell, by how he held himself and spoke, why it was Peregrine's pack looked to him as leader.
Messages In This Thread
On the borders - by Dante RIP - June 02, 2014, 09:39 PM
RE: On the borders - by Peregrine Redhawk - June 03, 2014, 08:29 AM
RE: On the borders - by Dante RIP - June 03, 2014, 10:54 AM
RE: On the borders - by Peregrine Redhawk - June 03, 2014, 05:37 PM
RE: On the borders - by Dante RIP - June 03, 2014, 06:05 PM
RE: On the borders - by Peregrine Redhawk - June 03, 2014, 06:44 PM
RE: On the borders - by Dante RIP - June 03, 2014, 07:07 PM
RE: On the borders - by Peregrine Redhawk - June 03, 2014, 07:14 PM
RE: On the borders - by Dante RIP - June 03, 2014, 07:44 PM
RE: On the borders - by Peregrine Redhawk - June 04, 2014, 02:52 PM
RE: On the borders - by Dante RIP - June 04, 2014, 09:42 PM