Bearclaw Valley Sleep with one eye open, clutching your pillow tight
112 Posts
Ooc — Marmoo
As she lay there, curled in a ball, she felt more defeated as the silence grew. Tears still dripped down her face as she tried to curl in tighter. Her soul was bared. The only one she had ever bared it to. She felt cold, uncertainty filling her. His voice was hoarse As he started to speak, and her tears began anew. She had caused him pain. Nothing good ever came out of her. 'You were the victim' lingered in her head, but she pushed it away. 
Surprise made her jump a little as he pressed himself to her. Swallowing hard, she closed her eyes as she felt the tears. Why did she hurt him? He began to talk, and she trembled slightly at the word 'newborns'. The promise surprised her, and she pushed back her hope. Why she was so stubborn, she didn't know. Maybe because it had saved her heartbreak. 
Not questioning it, she forced her body to sit up. Everything in her wanted to comfort him, an ache building in her. Even if her soul doubted that someone would stay, she gently licked his tears nuzzling him, wishing she could do something.. anything. He shouldn't be crying... especially over her. Her voice was soft, no emotion but love and concern. How can I help? Please let me help dry your tears. Don't cry. I'm here. I'm not leaving. I love you.
She froze on those words, surprise clear in her eyes mixed with fear. Why did she say that? Looking at him, her eyes grew warm as her voice dropped to a whisper. I love you, Dakarai.You are the one I love.
I am a searcher. Always was. I still am...searching for the missing piece.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Sleep with one eye open, clutching your pillow tight - by Onyx Saefyn - February 16, 2018, 05:52 PM