Heavenly View (IC Joining)
34 Posts
Ooc — Rinachu
Heavy paws glided through the grass. Rina panted, growing increasingly tired the further she travelled. The heat didn't help. She'd have to stop soon. The girl hadn't settled in more than one place for months. Never staying in the same place for more than a few days. She was growing tired of it. She'd gone far enough from her original home. This seemed like and okay place. Plenty of wolves lived here, although not enough to be overwhelming.

It was just as Rina stopped under a tree that she caught a whiff of a pack. Her eyes lit up. It seemed she was just at their border. Perfect. After a quick catch of her breath, Rina took a few steps backwards and stood. Her tail and ears lowered respectfully, she awaited someone to notice her.
ís & steinn ♔ hjarta & sál
583 Posts
Ooc — Java
It would not take long for someone to spot the stranger. The land was more or less empty of vegetation, and her silhouette was easy enough to spot against the dark clouds beyond. Having been participating in yet another routine patrol, Njal was headed for the grove of trees which sheltered her - and when he got near enough, the warden's head lifted to signify his dominance. He marched before her, then halted; his gaze scrutinizing every inch of her face, then quickly slinking across her body as a means to size her up.

"Good afternoon," The Russian rumbled, although the casual manner was marked by a sharp, stern expression. "You are close to a claimed territory, but, I assume you know this." She appeared to be waiting for something, and Njal could only assume it was acceptance she was after. This was one of the few loners who actually paid attention to the scent markers laying around - and that earned her a few points, in the warden's mind. "This is Swiftcurrent Creek, and I am one of the wardens." With that said, Njal watched her; he was silent and expectant, allowing her time to process that information and come forth with her own.
34 Posts
Ooc — Rinachu
Thankfully, it wasn't long before a strong looking male approached her. Rina noted by lowering her head slightly that he was dominant and waited patiently while he looked her over. Her heart pounded fast but steadily. Good Afternoon. You are close to a claimed territory, but, I assume you know this. She nodded. This is Swiftwater Creek, and I am one of the wardens. Rina smiled. Swiftwater Creek. Nice name. A warden, huh.

I'm pleased to meet you, sir. My name is Rina Seinn Feadhaill. I seek, as you probably already know, acceptance into this pack. Her tones were respectful and polite. She kept her posture the same. Her pastel blue eyes danced, all signs of her exhaustion gone, replaced with excitement.
583 Posts
Ooc — Java
She was amiable enough; polite and submissive when the moment called for it. But it wasn't the niceties of speech that would benefit the pack as a whole. Njal continued to watch her, harboring various thoughts as he took in the girl's physique, her age, and the odd confidence that she seemed to portray. No, it wasn't confidence.. Poise, maybe? As if she had rehearsed her words. She was well spoken.

"There is room for you here, but," the pause in his speech left a lingering doubt within the air, "What sort of skills do you have? What can you do that sets you apart from any other wandering lone wolf out here?" The questions hung in the air after he spoke them, and the man shifted his weight as if impatient. A part of him was though; thoughts of his wife and their growing family surfaced within his mind. It was a poor time to be seeking out a home - Njal was already on edge and hypersensitive about the protection of the pack.
34 Posts
Ooc — Rinachu
There is room for you here, but, But? What was wrong? What sort of skills do you have? What can you do that sets you apart from any other wandering lone wolf out here? Ah. A little of Rina's initial panic subsided, but not all. Truth be told, Rina had never been trained in anything except manners and speech. She'd been taught how to assess situations and help deal with them and the like, but how could that help a pack?

I'm afraid, sir, that unless you count public speaking and a little in politics, which I'd guess you'd call a Counselor or possibly Chronicler. I have no official skills though. I'd understand if you turned me down. Rina prepared herself for the worst. Sent back to her life of wandering. Back to constant travel.
583 Posts
Ooc — Java
Njal braced himself for the usual spiel that wolves used. He anticipated that the girl would list her hunting ability as some kind of asset, since that was something that loners often used as a bartering chip; however, it was often an eye-rolling addition to any resume. If a wolf couldn't hunt, it couldn't live. For any creature to make it out of their home pack and in to the outskirts of another, they'd have to know how to hunt -- but he was jarred from his wandering thoughts when the girl listed other things. Totally different, unique traits. Politics were something that Njal was not very well versed in; in fact, it seemed as if nobody around here really knew what to do about pack relations.

Rina looked disheartened, but Njal was the opposite. Perhaps the pack could use someone with such a skill set - they were rare after all, and the Teekon Wilds were heavily populated. Njal pondered to himself, settling in to the stillness once Rina had taken on her defeated expression. He finally took a deep breath and, with a fresh glimmer in his sunny gaze, proclaimed to her: "You are welcome here." With that stated, the beast moved a step or two around her and then, passing over the border, paused to await her own movement.

"I think your skills will be valuable here. I give you a task, though. I am only the Beta here, and you will need to speak with the Alpha - her name is Fox. She's bright red, hard to miss." He could have told her to meet with Bazi, but the other Beta was probably busy with her own busy schedule - along with the other new recruits. This girl seemed like a special case. Perhaps she could help Fox, and the creek, with matters abroad.
34 Posts
Ooc — Rinachu
A long silence ensued Rina's words. The girl's anxiety rose and rose until she doubted herself so much that she almost turned and left right there. When she looked up, though, the expression on the man's face was not one of disgust, but rather of thoughtfulness. Was there perhaps a chance? You are welcome here. Rina looked. Yes! She'd done it. When the man took a few steps into the border, Rina followed a smile set wide upon her maw.

I think your skills will be valuable here. I give you a task, though. I am only the Beta here, and you will need to speak with the Alpha - her name is Fox. She's bright red, hard to miss. Fox. Okay. Thank you, sir. I'll prove to you that I'm worthy of my place. Rina realized that for the first time in her life she had made her own way, with a little help from this man. Instead of in her birthplace, where roles were just handed to her from birth. Now she could finally use her head, and not just her ancestory, for something better.
583 Posts
Ooc — Java
Welcome to Swiftcurrent! :)

With the lone wolf sorted out, Njal began to wander. He kept an eye on her at first, amused by her mirth, but eventually their paths did part. It was his duty to patrol the border, and so that was where he headed - returning to the point where Rina had been found and continuing his march from there.

[exit njal]
34 Posts
Ooc — Rinachu
Thank you ;)

Rina followed the man into her new home. As he moved back to return to patrolling. Thank you. She said, before turning back and bounding up to a small cluster of trees. There she took a rest and looked over her new home.

[Exit Rina]
[End Thread]