Stone Circle Welcome wagon
27 Posts
Ooc —
Joining 
The she-wolf had traveled far from her homeland and into areas that she was foreign to. She hadn't met many wolves throughout her travels and a sensation of loneliness began to develop in her. Though eventually, she arrived at a packs border, Sankori was careful not to cross it as she let out a howl to announce her presence.
Deceased
323 Posts
Ooc — Belle
The sky was a dove grey in those hours that the man scoured the borders, amber gaze seeming almost to melt the snow that drifted over his paws and scattered into tiny specks that lined his spine, littering his golden pelt with a dusting of white. The air was delicate and cold, like lace that embraced his body in a layer of chill, but he minded it very little - the bitter sting of ice did not sway his movements, did not cease his endless working as he continued to mark the edge of the Easthollow territory. It was home, and he would work to keep every wolf inside safe. Indeed the gamma was awaiting the tender kiss of Spring to melt the chattering teeth of Winter and all it brought, but he was in no particular hurry. Easthollow was faring well, this was a feat he was rather proud of.

No doubt Mawk struggled from time to time when images of his deceased son, the intenstines scattered across the ground, decided to display themselves to his unwilling mind, sharpening that knife of guilt and sorrow to plunge into his chest when the night fell - but his way of coping with this, much like his way of coping with most things, was to busy himself with his duties. So when the howl pierced the solemn silence of his traipsing, the father was quick to respond.

He emerged from the trees with a neutral expression but head raised high, fiery gaze observing for a moment as the majority of the distance between the two was closed. Ordinarily he might have smiled, but he would desire to know the intentions of this wolf before he made any decisions on whether or not he trusted them. "What brings you to our borders?" Mawk's deep voice carried across the breeze, curled tail flicking behind him as he contemplated the reasons for this visit. It was possible this one was a potential pack-seeker, a stranger looking for a home, but he wished not to make any quick judgements.
27 Posts
Ooc —
As Sankori sat there in waiting, a male arrived. She imagined that he was from the pack and stood up. She respectively bows her head before she addresses his concern. "Hello, I don't mean to intrude, my name is Sankori Nethilor and I am in search of a pack." She was rather frank about her intentions, but she gave her name to the stranger and waited patiently for his reply.
Deceased
323 Posts
Ooc — Belle
There was silence for a moment, the only song to accompany the swaying of distant trees a hum of wind, a cold breeze that ruffled the fur upon the man's neck while he stood. Every blade of grass, every stick laying still amongst the previously green floor had been coated in a fluffy sweater of snow. It was bereft of heat but when the white was not crunchy beneath his paws, it was soft, as though wrapped in a new blanket that had yet to warm.

He was pleased to see the immediate submission from the cream-hued woman, acceptance that she was a stranger on the borders of a pack - respect was key, but that did not gain her entrance just yet. It was only a box to be checked.

Mawk observed her for a moment, considering her response and the confirmation that she wished to join the Easthollow wolves. "Do you have any skills to offer?" His inquiry was one that sought a response he could test - if she was a hunter, he would wish to see her hunt, or if she happened to be a mercenary he would request that they spar. Whatever she offered, he wanted to see it. They could not simply allow anyone into the ranks, and they were doing fairly well for members so turning someone away was an idea that he could appeal to if he deemed it necessary. But even with this knowledge, it was pleasant to gain a friendly wolf and he did not particularly long to cast her away.
27 Posts
Ooc —
The she-wolf thought about his question, but not for long. What skills do you have to offer? She repeated his question in her head before answering. "As far as skills go, I am a somewhat decent hunter, I mean I'm not the best. I have knowledge of plants and their medicinal purposes."
Deceased
323 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Phone post, sorry!

The gamma's ears were cupped forward to listen, intent on hearing what this wolfess had to say. She mentioned being a relatively decent hunter, but it was the knowledge of plants and their medicinal purposes that caught his attention. Easthollow was in dire need of a dedicated medic. Mawk's tongue drew across his lips in contemplation before opening his maw. "Can you name some herbs or items used for medicinal purposes that you can still acquire in winter, for me?" Just testing her knowledge, he decided, would be a good idea to affirm the reality that she really did know her stuff.
27 Posts
Ooc —
"I'm not sure exactly sure about here, but where I'm  from normally I can find some lavender which helps with sleep and Sage which I have found that it helps with depression as well as memory loss." Sankori speaks of her knowledge throughout her travels.
Deceased
323 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Last post from Mawk, in a weeks time (if you still want to join) make another and tag Mawk! :)

The man stood in solemn silence, contemplating her words. He knew not of medicinal items and herbs, so he had little reason to doubt her words - his response after a moment was a slight nod, black-tipped ears flicking in the breeze. Although her knowledge appeared sound, she could just be making things up and he'd never know. Not that he didn't trust her words, but he wanted to be completely sure. Besides, Valette was not here and Mawk did not hold the power to accept this woman into Easthollow. "Just to be sure, I want you to go out for a week and search for any herbs and medical items, then bring them back here."

And with that, the gamma turned to disappear into the shadow of trees, knarled bark sticking out and a distinct lack of leaves to display the winter's brutality. If that woman was to accept, then he expected to see her again in a week, if not... this would likely be the last contact they made. Mawk hoped she might return, for a healer among their ranks was something they needed.
27 Posts
Ooc —
Of course! She'll be back. Until then! Sorry, it's short.

The female nodded her head. "Indeed I will return.¨ After she spoke, Sankori watched him as he disappeared into the treeś.