Stavanger Bay Dancing In The Moonlight!
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
All Welcome 
Engel stood in the night, basking in the moonlight. He was humming to himself a delightful tune. It was delightful, for it was the one song Tine had sung to him. She had been on his mind so much. Her touch, her voice, all of her he thought about on the daily. Slowly, Engel started bopping his head, turning on the spot in dancing motions. Perhaps he was deeper than he thought. Deeper in his own feelings.

@Sandpiper
All of Engel's threads are always open! For better or for worse.
i will wait under the tow like lions do
204 Posts
Ooc — lauren
it was a song that compelled sandpiper to rise from the den and seek out the source. she believed herself to be nonpareil when it came to singing -- at the very least, she was better at singing than fighting. the song was unfamiliar to her, but it intrigued her enough that as she drew closer to the bard she stifled her normally offensive posturing for one of muted interest. engel was not a familiar face to her, but his scent she knew -- it was the only thing that stayed her from outright attacking him (not that she had a history of victories). her muzzle was too sore (the cuts still laid fresh across her face) for her to do much, so tenderly she worked her lips in a way that did not aggravate the wounds. "what is that?" she asked carefully, carrying her muzzle higher than engel's to announce her superior station.
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engel hummed louder and louder, forgetting that no doubt others were sleeping at this time. That was until while twirling about on the spot, he spotted another and almost tripped out of surprise. He froze, than adjusted his posture upon noticing how she helt herself in a superior fashion, his being more submissive as he usually did. "A...A song..."

He glanced away, thinking he had woken them from a nice rest. "I didn't wake you, did I?" he asked, finally turning back and upon doing so noticing something on their muzzle.
204 Posts
Ooc — lauren
he folded under her gaze -- that was all she needed -- instantly her defensive posture lessened, and she looked upon him in a more favorable light. she was childish - she just needed to be validated - and his observance of his rank in position to hers did enough to keep her slavering insecurities at bay.

he asked if he had woken her -- he had -- but she did not resent him for it. "you did." sandpiper answered, her voice somewhat flat. "so you best make it worth it, and finish your song." she set herself down in the sand and folded one front leg over the other, awaiting the encore to his show.
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engelhard grinned a bit. He was obligated to do as the lady wished, so he did. He got back to humming, turning his gaze away as he did. The words played out in his head as he continued to him, till it came to a close. And then he looked back to the other. 

"Well, did you enjoy the song?" He smiled back at her. Even though there had been no words, he had still hummed in a tone similar to how Tine's tone had been upon singing. Her voice back then, it had been so heavenly.
204 Posts
Ooc — lauren
as the male continued his song sandpiper looked out to the ocean: in some ways the lilt of his tenor matched the gentle hum of the sea -- it was as if the crash of the waves accompanied his voice.

he had a prettier, less raucous voice than raptor -- she could give him that. her only hesitation came from the fact the song had no decipherable words -- instead she was drawn to her own imagination, which she did not necessarily appreciate. she was not an extraordinarily imaginative creature, so the song lost rapport from her then.

"it doesn't have any words."
she noted astutely, a flick of her tail given as she continued. "why doesn't it have words? what is it even about? how do you even know what it's about?"
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engelhard tipped his head a little as she said that. "Well...well, the original song has words. I know them, just...I felt like himming it instead." He stuck with that explanation. "About love...I love songs about love, they are...they are always touching." They always touched close to the heart. Held a very special place in his heart.
204 Posts
Ooc — lauren
sandpiper blinked stupidly. what was the point of humming if the words came to you naturally? she was about to hotly press that question, but then he said something about it being about love.

oh.

"lame." sandpiper replied with disdainful force, puffing her cheeks with a blubbered huff of derision. "love is for chumps." she rolled her eyes and began to rise to leave when a growl rippled through her stomach. she cast engel an accusatory glare and said: "i'm hungry. since you woke me up, i assume you'll do the honors?"
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engel rolled his eyes at that. So she wasn't one for love, was she? He would have to fix that one day, spread the ways of love. Perhaps through many songs. "Chumps? I must be quite a handsome chump then" he declared, with a teasing grin. He caught the glare yet kept grinning. 

"Anything the lady wants" he said, exaggerating a royal bow. Then he trotted off, his tail waving for her to follow so they could catch a meal.
204 Posts
Ooc — lauren
the prickly girl caught the tail end of engel's grin, misinterpreting it as flirty. a dark scowl coalesced her muzzle, though she did trudge on after him. after all, she was hungry -- and she would suffer any fool's company if it meant her glut would eventually be fed.

she drifted after him and considered what he had said. anything she wanted. this was a delightful prospect for her and she stopped dead in her tracks, her expression serious as she announced just what she desired that evening. "okay. shark." he was sure to stop and turn around to face her then -- and if he did, he would be met with a flat, deadpan stare that suggested she was 100% serious.
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engelhard continued on, not looking back to see if she followed. After he had said anything, she answered. He stopped and turned, giving her a look he hadn't given a lady ever. A look that plainly said 'what on earth did you just say'. "I, uh...I'm not sure...I'm not sure I caught that, did you...did you say shark?"

He was most unsure if Sandpiper was being serious, despite her deadpan serious look. "I...I meant anything on land." Not in the water...or with razor sharp teeth that could rip him apart. He almost in fact said she was crazy. But he'd never really call a lady crazy.
204 Posts
Ooc — lauren
sandpiper looked back at him blankly, blinking somewhat slowly as if surprised by the sudden pirouette in the sand he executed. she inhaled deeply as if frustrated her cuisine of choice was being rudely objected -- was it really that much of a big thing to ask for?

she inspected her dull claws for a moment as if she was sad. she wasn't really, but the look engel had given her was enough for her to go off -- something about the "hooch-are-you-crazy" tilt of his brows suggested he might be easily manipulated. at the very least maybe she could earn herself dinner and a show.

"well, you said anything." she responded thickly, as if she were dumb dull girl incapable of realizing how preposterous her request was. "but i guess if you're not man enough for a shark, i could go for some urchin."
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engel felt a pained whine coming on at just seeing the lady sad. He was willing to risk injury for a lady, but not death...at least not to a shark. He opened his mouth to argue, but then she said that maybe he just wasn't man enough...this he had accepted, so it did not insult him. What did surprise him was the mention of an urchin

"A...a what? What is an urchin, and where do I find it?" Anything was better than a shark. "Can't I get something on land?"
204 Posts
Ooc — lauren
sandpiper had just about had it - first he declined her request for shark, and now he was refusing her suggestion of urchin? had she arms to cross she would huffily fold them -- instead, she just lanced him with a rather flinty gaze.

what kind of sea wolf didn't know what an urchin was?

she decided if he was going to be in ironsea, he needed to buck up -- a wolf who didn't know their tit from a band of kelp was hardly worth keeping aboard. her expression was somewhat severe as she passed him by, flicking her tail once before she spoke. "it's a type of .. thing." very descriptive. 10/10.

sandpiper realized she hardly knew how to describe it. it wasn't a fish, it wasn't a clam - it certainly wasn't a crab. "it's kind of spikey, has a funny shell sometimes, and i-- you know what?" she paused, readjusting her course with a grim pout: "let's just get a fish.." she resumed her ambling walk and then suddenly threw the brakes up again, casting him a rather pained look as she ventured to ask "you know what a fish is... right?"
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
The red male watched her flinty gaze, and listened to her description. By how she described it, he was pictuing something like a porcupine under the sea. Or a living pinecone...also under the sea. Then she seemed to just give up.

A fish? "Course I know what a fish is, who don't know what a fish is?" Though he had not been the best at catching fish, he could certainly try.

"You just wait here, and I shall catch a fish for you." And off he went to find a fish.
204 Posts
Ooc — lauren
feel free to wrap up in your next post if you want - you can PP sandpiper! in light of the recent thread i want to clear out all threads taken before the challenge thread if that's okay. thanks for the thread!!

sandpiper offered nothing save for a slow blink as she awaited the male's answer. it was a relief to her he at least knew what fish was -- she was still disappointed she would not eat shark tonight.

as he trailed off down the strand sandpiper picked along the sand, thin muzzle held to the fraying surface. brine assaulted her senses as she rifled through kelp and flotsam. she would wait, but only for so long.
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engel went to find water that would hold a fish. After some attempts he managed it, he caught a fish. Not as large, but large enough for one wolf at least. So, then Engel headed off with the fish in his jaws back to Sandpiper. And at her feet he dropped it. 

"There you go...you uh...you're welcome..." With that, he started off with a quick goodbye to Sandpiper. Hoping she enjoyed the fish.