Dawnlark Plains this train is bound for glory
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Private 
Grayday was tired. When he wasn't hunting, he was digging. When he wasn't digging, he was walking the borders, marking and mapping them out. Easy had become his constant companion, eager to learn the ropes of being an Adult. Now that he'd introduced her to the concept, she couldn't seem to get enough. She took lessons from Pema and the others as well, of course, but she seemed most interested in what he was up to.

The father suspected his wife had something to do with this. Had Catori asked Easy to keep an eye on him? It was sweet of her if she had. Sweet of both of them. Either way, he didn't mind the company, and he didn't begrudge Catori any worries she might have for him. He'd been bitten by a snake when he still had his vision, after all, and he had not yet proved adept at navigating this new land.

"Night, Dad," said Easy, leaving him near the edge of the Maplewood that evening.

"Where are you going?" he asked, realizing that his daughter did not mean to stay.

"Just out for a bit. I'll be back before morning."

"Hmm," said Grayday, but he didn't stop her when she went on her way, instead trotting into the trees to find his wife. Until the den was done, they were sleeping near the cover of the woods. It wouldn't do to be caught in the open by the Last Shadow, after all. "Cat?" he called out when he caught her scent, not wanting to have to sniff her out in the darkness.
[Image: CYEyvJP.png?4]
What's Mine is Ours
But I know every rock and tree and creature
226 Posts
Ooc —

Catori was growing used to the concept that lives were inside her. She'd shared most of the moments with Grayday that she could, but, the nagging feeling of needing to tell Seelie where she was ate at her. She knew they were probably still on the mainland but the ideals that Coelacanth had for the island seemed as natural to Catori as breathing. She understood the draw behind it, it felt like home and it felt natural to her. She couldn't wait to take her children across the landbridge. Maybe they'd even have their own cousins to play with soon! Well. A girl could dream. 

Catori was laying on her side just soaking up the feeling of family and basking in the quiet of the evening. She lifted her head up when she saw Easy stir, Gray's cautious voice ringing through the night. She chuckled when Easy promised to be home by morning - when had she gotten so very big and grown? Catori smiled at her when the girl passed, reaching up for a brief but of her head against the younger woman's before Gray approached her. "Here," She hummed out, her tail beating the ground for a moment but she didn't move yet. "Nothings in your way," She promised - more sensitive about his lack of vision in this new territory. She didn't want to be overbearing or annoying, however. "These little ones have weighed me down." She said with a laugh. 

i grew a human and unfortunately as a horrible side effect lost an organ - as such will be slow from time to time.
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Catori was a far more attentive guide than Easy. He didn't worry as he picked his way toward her, trusting that she, at least, would not guide him into trees for comedic value. At least, not when she was too tired to enjoy it.

"They weigh you down, now, but this time next year they'll be wandering off in the middle of the night, and they'll tell us they're going out," he grumbled good-naturedly, giving Catori's cheek a fond nip as he laid down beside her. "How was your day?" he asked. "Have you been waiting up long?"

It was not yet fully night, but he knew the extra weight probably didn't make Cat very fond of long days. He tried to go to bed when she did, but he and Easy had been caught up on their patrol. The girl hadn't wanted to come back before dark fell, and even when she was ready to return him to the trees, she had other places to be. Kids were awful.
What's Mine is Ours
226 Posts
Ooc —

Catori could only give a breathy laugh as Grayday promised she'd miss this stage. "Well, they are easier to keep up with." Catori admitted as she scooted closer to lean against Grayday. She gave a pleased smile as she felt his warmth added to her own, everything for that moment was cozy and right. She knew she'd have to broach the subject of traveling soon - but with any luck it wouldn't be met with much resistance. 

"When did our girl grow up?" Catori asked as she turned her head to preen her husband's scruff. "I dozed some, you didn't interrupt my beauty sleep." She promised fondly, pausing in her task long enough to answer him. "I did the usual - peed way too many times for comfort, ate more than I feel was appropriate; mom stuff. I have been thinking though... Well. Obsessing some. I'd like to go tell Seelie where we are and that we're okay. I warned them about us moving but now that I know how to get here, I'd like to go tell them and make sure they're settling okay." She expected the tasks needed to be done anyways - scouting out local packs and letting them know was business as usual. 

Grayday wouldn't see it but probably could feel his wife batting her hopeful eyes, all he needed to do was lay out his rules and say yes dear. 

i grew a human and unfortunately as a horrible side effect lost an organ - as such will be slow from time to time.
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Grayday gave a little sigh. "She's been different since the scouting trip," he shared with Catori, not sure she'd noticed this since she didn't spend quite as much time with the girl. "I wonder if something happened while they were away." He made a mental note to ask Dawn or Aditya about that when he had the chance.

In the meantime, he laid his head across Catori's shoulders, mulling over her desires and lining them up with his own. "I want Aditya to go with you," he decided. "Or Sylvas or Shale. Someone who can fight with you, if need be. But that sounds like a good idea. I'll head up with you - I want to visit the pack there on the coast to let them know we've moved nearby."
What's Mine is Ours
226 Posts
Ooc —

Catori wondered if maybe the girl was just growing; she wasn't the fluffy puppy that she had met but was now a grown creature - one with her own opinions and thoughts. "Maybe it was the seriousness of the trip?" Catori wondered. "Could be the babies too - just taking that all to heart." They'd asked a great deal of the children in the recent weeks after all. When Grayday settled she smiled and kissed over his fur. 

"I know Aditya would love to go - if he isn't worn out from the trekking across the wilds maybe I can beg him to go with me." She said with a chuckle. She wouldn't really using her pregnancy to beg him but she doubted he'd miss the opportunity to visit the Isle. "I wonder if they know about Undersea." Catori mused, teasing a stray bit of fur with her teeth. "Oh! Gray, here," She said quickly, nudging him towards her stomach. "Someone just jabbed me." She said excitedly, beaming brightly at her mate. 

The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Grayday gave a grunt of thoughtful agreement - it could be any number of things, and since it wasn't necessarily a bad change, he was willing to wait it out and see if anything needed to be done about it. Perhaps - much as he hated to consider it - she was just growing up.

He was as certain as Catori that Aditya would be happy to go along. The male didn't doubt that his son-in-law would jump at the chance, even if he was a bit tired from his previous trip. Easy seemed rested enough, at any rate. "We'll ask him tomorrow, then," he said, settling into the idea of another trip, deciding not to worry about what the other packs thought of their cousins just yet. They could see about that in good time, and besides, he and Catori were not in charge of Seelie's PR department.

He had more important things to worry about, at any rate. "A fighter, eh?" he teased, giving his wife's belly a gentle prod in hopes of inciting further rebellion. "Where'd you go?"
What's Mine is Ours