Dawnlark Plains Welcome to your new home
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Joining 
@Skraeling @Grayday sorry for the crap post.

He had managed to convince her to follow him home and so he lead her through the Taiga quickly. He had ended up returning empty pawed but he figured he could go out and hunt later on. As he walked up to the borders he stopped,gave Rae a confident smile,  and then lifted his muzzle to call for his father.
Birdcatcher: 4/10

sheepy babe
63 Posts
Ooc —
Skraeling followed close behind her new friend, trying to absorb the pack's scent through proximity. A pregnant female as he had said, plus a smattering of other yearlings. The rest were older, though Skraeling didn't think they had any geriatrics among them. Truth be told, she had never met a wolf older than her mother, who was going on five that year.

Hesitantly, she returned Sunny's smile, though hers was far less confident than his. She was still worried that the pack wouldn't like her, but Sunny seemed to think she'd be taken in stride.
b-boying?
wow-ee harry potter!
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
They'd been waiting a bit when Sunny gave a small sigh and decided to do something while waiting. He motioned for her to follow and walked the borders from the outside, patrolling and occasionally giving off a loud bark or two to give his position. "So Rae. Where do you come from? What do you like to do?" he asked curiously, wanting to know more about his hopefully future packmate.

On second thought he would call for @Pema and @Dawn just in case his dad was too busy to accept someone. He assumed they could accept members just like his  dad could.

The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Whoops, here is Grayday, galumphing through the plains as he struggles to reach the call in a timely manner. He was probably sleeping or something dumb like that. The Dice say he is limping a little because he got his paw caught on a rock, but he's fine.
Grayday limped toward the darkish blur that was his son and... someone else, his gait becoming more steady as he came closer. "Hey," he barked, tail wagging high above his back. "Who's your friend?" He was delighted to find that it was a girl friend - it was high time Sunny start looking for more of those. Grayday had always liked Sorrel for him, but now that that wasn't happening, it was good he was looking in other places.
[Image: CYEyvJP.png?4]
What's Mine is Ours
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
I'll just reply again to keep this going. Post order here isnt really necessary. Throw Rae back in whenever.

Just as Sunny had asked the question his dad came hobbling over. Sunny gave him a look of concern but decided not to ask right away. Instead he motioned for Rae to come forward and smiled "Her name is Skraeling. I found her on the way back from Easthollow during a hunt. She's real nice and interested in Morningside" he said enthusiastically.

Turning to Skraeling he gave a lopsided and partially apologetic smile. If she wanted to talk she could of course, he just thought it would be easier for him to introduce her since she seemed so nervous. "Rae this is my dad,Grayday. Leader of Morningside."he prompted. Now was her turn to speak, there was no way he could keep speaking for her the whole time.

sheepy babe
63 Posts
Ooc —
The man coming toward them was clearly a relation of Sunny. They looked very simliar, although Sunny was taller and more dashing than the older man, who was frankly a bit gross and frightening. Until he barked out a greeting, sounding friendly and quite pleased. He was introduced as Sunny's father in short order, and Rae was saved the hassle of introducing herself by her new Knight in Shining Armor.

"Um. What he said," she said shyly, sorta hiding behind Sunny through the whole thing. "It's nice to meet you, Mister Morningside," she added, glancing quickly at her friend before looking back to his father's face.
b-boying?
wow-ee harry potter!
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Grayday didn't really care if the girl was entirely useless - Sunny needed to get himself out there, and so Grayday would be quick to accept anyone he deemed worthy into the pack. Especially if she seemed young and sweet like this one. "She can join, yeah - just make sure you show her around and make sure she's adjusting," he said to Sunny, doing the thing where he talked about women like things that belonged to men. Because they were.

He tried to look at the girl, but currently, she and his son were just one big blob. That was fine by him. He'd ask if she was cute later on. "What sort of skills do you have, Skraeling? Are you a hunter, a healer?"
What's Mine is Ours
631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
She heard the first call go out to Day and thought nothing of it. It wasn't uncommon for the father and son to get together on occasion. But a few minutes later a call for her and Dawn also went out. Letting Pema know that this was more then just a father son meeting. She wondered what it was he needed the leaders of the pack for. With no sense of sheer urgency in the tone of his call she made her way over at a normal pace. 

When she got there she saw Day speaking to Sunny with a young dark female. She came in just in time to hear Day talk about he joining the pack. Just by the look of her smile and friendly face she looked like a good addition. Plus it would be good to have some new members in the pack. With the split of the pack close on the horizon it would be good to have others to fill the gaps and give the pack a new light.

She walked up and stood by Day, nodding her head to Sunny and Skraeling... If she heard Day right. "Hello. Sorry to interrupt." she said in a polite manner. "I'm Pema one of Morningside's leaders. It's nice to meet you. Please continue." she said, wanting to introduce herself, but not wanting to stop the progress of this young girls joining.
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
He didn't expect any trouble with Skraeling joining so when Rae spoke up and his dad said she could join he broke out into a grin. Not only had he made a new friend but he had scored Morningside a new member who would turn out to be useful, he was sure of it. As his dad asked Rae of her skills Pema camr forward and introduced herself.  He gave a slow wag of his tail and greeted her with a nod before turning to Rae. He gave her a gentle bump with his shoulder "Go ahead Rae...you'll be welcomed in. Just explain you're unsure of what you want to focus on. Mention the interest in pups"he had leaned in and spoke in a gentle encouraging tone,hopefully low enough to not be heard by the others.

sheepy babe
63 Posts
Ooc —
Uh oh. Rae wasn't really interested in pups. She was willing to deal with them if it meant finding a home, but she was too young to worry about things like that! Besides, she thought it wouldn't go over well if she showed up at a pack showing interest in their most vulnerable. That, at least, she knew was bad manners.

"Uh, I mean - " she stuttered, looking between the scary man and the pretty young woman that came a bit later. She glanced back to Sunny for help, and was reassured by his patient smile. "I'm, um, really fast. And I'm a quick learner. I'll fill in wherever you can use me," she said in a small voice, her legs bending in unconscious submission.
b-boying?
wow-ee harry potter!
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Grayday turned his head toward Pema when she arrived, his tail thumping automatically when he detected her scent. It was always comforting to have her by his side on the borders. He knew he could count on the dear woman to keep a level head.

Turning back to Sunny and his friend, he caught the tail-end of Skraeling spiel and nodded along as if he'd been listening the whole time. It didn't matter; she could at least get trial membership as long as Sunny looked after her. "Let's start you with healing, and we'll go from there. Fill the caches when you can, and join us on any pack hunts, but I'd like you to focus on building your knowledge with Pema," Grayday instrusted. They would need more healers than just her, in case Pema was ever busy or absent for some reason. "I'll check in on your progress from time to time, so work hard, alright?"
What's Mine is Ours
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Sunny have a sigh of relief as his dad seemed to agree to let her in, giving her a job to do. Healing. That was an interesting choice, he looked to Skraeling and have a hopeful smile. He hoped she would agree to it, he already thought she was neat and wanted to be her friend. "I'll make sure she gets settled in and give her some tasks. I can show her the good hunting spots too" he said looking at his dad. He mouthed the words "thank you" and then turned back to Rae, waiting for her reply.

631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
She watched as Sunny spoke to this timid individual. Giving her the assurance she needed to feel welcome and willing to speak her mind. She wondered how the two had meet and if there was anything between the two. Noting was too clear, but they had a trust between them.

Her shyness and undertermined trade reminded Pema of herself when she had tried to join the pack. Not sure of what she wanted to do but willing to do whatever was needed of her at the time. As long as she put in the work Pema was no reason as to why she wouldn't be a good addition to the pack.

Grayday suggested that she start with healing and she wondered if he thought of this female as a younger Pema as well. It would be a good was for Pema to keep an eye on the girl. She nodded to Sunny as he took responsability for her settling in and well being. "Sounds good to me. Just let me know if you need any help. Especially with that healing trade." she said with a smile. 
sheepy babe
63 Posts
Ooc —
lol I think it is Skrae's turn? Idk
Phew. No one was mad about her thinking about their pups, and Sunny's dad seemed to decide that he'd rather have her look into healing either way. That was fine with Skraeling, although she worried she wouldn't be quite clever enough to manage it.

She'd try her best, though! Pema seemed like she'd be a nice teacher, and Skraeling was eager to find out and make friends with her. "I can help you gather supplies," she suggested, tail wagging. Even if she was bad at medicine, she was sure she could handle being Pema's assistant.
b-boying?
wow-ee harry potter!
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Okay. That was taken care of. Grayday was getting out of there so that Sunny could get to know his new friend, even though he rather wanted to get to know her himself. Where had he found her? Had they known each other long? WAS SHE CUTE???

He'd ask Pema later.

"Excellent. Let us know if you need anything else. I'm sure Sunny will make sure you are able to adjust easily enough," he said in parting, wishing he had both eyes so that his meaningful blink in Sunny's direction would actually be a wink. Ah well. Hopefully it wouldn't be needed.
What's Mine is Ours