Barrow Fields they guarded her from all her enemies
you're going to keep my soul,
it was yours to have long ago
567 Posts
Ooc — lauren
All Welcome 
AW

he sucked in a deep breath, exhaling as the chill crawled down his lungs and pried his ribs. it was overcast and cold, and he stood along the last of the sequoias with his back turned to the sound. the call of whelps on the wind was unmistakable, and the grotto had since been barred off from entry. coop-crazy and lonely, ingram had struck for the fields.

he half hoped to find furi, or even the flaming spitball that accompanied her -- but so far no scent he recognized laced across the snowheaved landscape. he wondered if rosalyn would be around, or even some other wayfaring wolf: anything to get his mind off of chusi, or the squalling babes in the cave.
i'm gonna hold a pen
while you drag my arm across the page.
68 Posts
Ooc — Cruz
He doesn’t know why he lingers so close to the coast. It’s done nothing but cause him strife and now, unable to return to the place he needs to be, he seethes somewhere on the outside. Sirio hasn’t tried to get too close so that they would notice him but he keeps an eye on things and after his run-in with his half siblings, surely they think the threat is gone. No one has come looking for him—a shame—but he’s content to stay away. For now.

A little thinner now, he searches—the witchy woman he’d met on the bluff, perhaps—but mostly for something to eat. His large frame has begun to whittle from what should be glory.

His nose twitches as he moves through the fields until a scent catches his attention. With a quirked eyebrow, he steps forward, making himself more visible for the stranger.
i want i want i want i want i want;
am i repulsive in my wanting
567 Posts
Ooc — lauren
he was so preoccupied with the demons that troubled him that he scarce saw sirio until the male was upon him. ingram spooked in place, ears whipped forward in surprise -- and then his ears folded back as he realized the male approaching carried no semblance of aggression in his tread. for a few brief seconds, he sized up the creature -- large, but fairly gaunt -- cream doused in charcoal tips, and a quirked expression that suggested polite interest over vitriol.

attempting to lighten the mood, ingram's tail swayed and he called towards him: "oi! whatcha doing?"
i'm gonna hold a pen
68 Posts
Ooc — Cruz
The other doesn’t jump right to aggression and he sways his tail to mimic the other, eying him closely for any change. His nose lifts a little and he breaths in for a scent, though it is only vaguely familiar, it’s not Drageda. That’s good enough for him. He has every intention of keeping them unaware of his location so he can better watch them too.

“Nothin’,” he shouts back, “what’re you doing?” Sirio licks his lips a little and takes a few steps closer, challenging the nature of his niceness.
567 Posts
Ooc — lauren
ingram's posture didn't really change when the male approached, though he carefully kept sirio in clear vision. he did not attempt to disguise where his attention was affixed; sirio was allowed to approach, but ingram would not be so naive as to blithely trust him. at the very least, the cream male's posture seemed friendly enough -- ingram wasn't the type to believe in beguilement -- at least not initially.

he didn't detect any prominent scent (besides wilderness) clinging to the male's pelt, and with a bob of his tail he ventured a reply. "nothing. just taking a walk, seeing sights, that kind of thing. maybe hoping to run into a girl... you never know. lots of beach babes around these parts.. if you're into that sort of thing." he gave the male a roguish grin, his tail still wagging affably.
i'm gonna hold a pen
68 Posts
Ooc — Cruz
The other male doesn’t offer anything interesting and Sirio nods once, a quiet, disinterested, “ah”, leaves his mouth and he glances around for whatever he’s looking for. He doesn’t try terribly hard, finding it difficult to relate to what the other is doing. Sirio’s motives are more direct and the last thing he cares about is random women distracting him. “Nothing that way,” he says with a point of his nose down toward the southern coast. Then again, Sirio makes an extra effort to avoid any unnecessary company. “Where’re you from?” he tosses back, turning his dark blue eyes to the dark brute. Sirio never did learn the art of subtly.
567 Posts
Ooc — lauren
ingram cared a lot about random women distracting him --- especially pretty ones -- so when his joke fell on its face like a molten vat of mercury upturned, he frowned. well, this one obviously didn't have his brilliant sense of humor.

ah well, we couldn't all be winners like ingram. some of us had to be lamers, like sirio. he shrugged off the lack of a laugh and canted his muzzle as he considered the male's question. oddly prying, but whatever -- ingram wasn't the type to hide secrets or question the motives of strangers (a shame really, because it was really stupid to trust random wolves on the internet). "i'm from grimnismal -- it's over there, by the cliffs." he pointed with his muzzle in the direction he had come from. "you? you know.. there's men too, if that's your calling instead. i assume it is, because you weren't very excited about me mentioning women..." he trailed off, watching the male slyly out of the corner of his eye.
i'm gonna hold a pen
68 Posts
Ooc — Cruz
He introduces himself, giving him the name of the back that so brazenly parked right beside Drageda. A grin forms on his face and he shifts a bit. He opens his mouth to say something but the other offers him men this time, instead of women, and he stares blankly ahead, similar to the first offer of woman.

“I don’t have a pack,” he states, narrowing his dark eyes. Sirio doesn’t have it in him to address whether he wants men or women—he has never given it much thought—and looks in the direction of the sound. Perhaps he has made a mistake in approaching him, no matter how much Caiaphas is carried with him (it is not necessarily her but the scent she wears, too) and so he rolls one shoulder with indifference and leaves the awkward silence between them.
567 Posts
Ooc — lauren
the male stated he didn't have a pack; no matter, the statement hardly seemed to deflate ingram. his ebullience was often indefatigable, and he he just offered a roll of his shoulders in noncommittal response as he flippantly spoke. "maybe you ought to think about changing that." he replied -- any other wolf, it might have come across as snarky -- but the wide grin on his features bid well of good intention.

"unless you don't have a pack for a good reason. then -- maybe nevermind."
i'm gonna hold a pen
68 Posts
Ooc — Cruz
Sirio stares at him for a long moment without answering, deciding if it was worth it or not. Right now he finds no need to join a pack, content to stay nearer to his place of birth and try to find out what he can on his own.

But maybe he can be of some use.

”What can you tell me about your pack? And the one on the cliffs,” he says, playing innocence on his knowledge. The pack on the sound is new, in a way, but he has been aware of them with little else to show.
567 Posts
Ooc — lauren
after being stared at for what seemed an interminable amount of time, ingram was second-guessing this male and his strange demeanor. something about sirio unsettled ingram in that moment, and it wasn't just because he allegedly didn't find women exciting.

he shifted a little, drawing up half-way to his full height. "trust like that isn't freely given." he quipped cheekily, his tail swaying behind him, possibly the only thing that suggested his answer came more out of self-defense than outright contumacious reluctance. besides, while he shared no love for the drageda wolves, he also didn't hate them -- furi and blixen were from there, and ingram didn't exactly dislike either despite how many times they touched his butt. he hated the idea of this somewhat offputting male interacting with either of them all because ingram had been too loose-lippy.

"i suppose you could find out for yourself though." ingram added in afterthought, more to soften the blow than anything. "anyway, i got babes to chase... not that... you're interested in those things. weird, but whatever. what'd you say your name was again?"
i'm gonna hold a pen
68 Posts
Ooc — Cruz
It doesn’t surprise him Ingram doesn’t give up the information. Nor does he speak ill of the cliffs. The relationship between the two packs fall under scrutiny, perhaps misled by the woman from before. Either way, he decides he’s done with this conversation despite the other’s effort to keep it going.

He looks him over once more, just to be sure, and then turns to leave.
567 Posts
Ooc — lauren
"whuh -- hEY!" ingram called after the male, who had visually eye-fudged him and then left. "hey! you're supposed to give a name dude!" but it was no use -- sirio was gone.

with a huff, ingram swished his tail and then yelled to no one in particular. "I'M INGRAM. SEE YA."

he didn't wait for his echoes to subside before he trudged back towards the fields. he wasn't really sure what to make of his encounter with the male, but oddly, was glad to be free of him -- mostly only because ingram preferred female company.
i'm gonna hold a pen