Heron Lake Plateau My unicorn got run over by a tractor
612 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
It would have been nice if he'd just been able to go do his investigations and return without a problem, but it wouldn't be life if it didn't go totally wrong, now would it?  Either way, Raven's hormones were fighting against Quixote's own cache of adrenaline, and at least so far, the panic was winning.

Quixote was too wound up to sit down right away, pacing back and forth as he started his reply.  Well, I don't think she's gonna show up right behind me at least.. So uh. I guess as good as it could have gone?  A pause, as he thought of something worse.  Unless she was lying about going on a patrol.  Suspiciously, he stopped pacing to give the nearby sky a quick scan for a hawk, but didn't see one anywhere nearby.  Which was a good thing, as if she'd been hot on his heels, Quixote probably would have tried to hide.  It was amazing that Towhee had gone from being no more threatening than any other leader to being Lovecraftian horror levels of fear in just one encounter.

He shook his head then finally took a seat, even if the space that he left between them felt kind of weird.  Okay, summaries.  Colt screwed up and got booted, which -- I dunno,  I'll have to talk to him later, it sounds like he was stupid about it.  Least newsworthy thing first, let's go on to where the weird and/or scary things started, Then she asked if I'd consider leadership?  Like what the hell is she even planning?  I don't get it, I really don't,  but it was more just a pile of confusion rather than scary.  Unless Towhee was more socially inept than he  and that was her way of asking him out or something, in which case then it'd be scary.  She also wanted to find out if you knew whether we could plant more trees -- for 'future generations,' she said which was the thing that really touched the whole internal screaming thing, -- so I told her I'd ask, but I almost lost the plot.  

Drawing in a deep breath, he tried to focus and calm down at least a little.  Quixote's tone shifted to be almost more helpless than the panic from before, She freaked me out, but I don't think she has a clue?  I just -- I don't know.  He looked to Raven, searching for some sign of what she thought.  The world had been much better when the consequences were distant.  If it was just me, I wouldn't care.  But Raven was here, and she might mind more.  From his perspective, the only thing wrong was that someone might get mad in the first place.  But that was just the thing, wasn't it?  For at least that night he'd been happy, so that meant everything would go wrong.
Messages In This Thread
My unicorn got run over by a tractor - by Quixote - April 28, 2018, 09:41 PM
RE: My unicorn got run over by a tractor - by Raven - May 02, 2018, 07:59 PM
RE: My unicorn got run over by a tractor - by Quixote - May 02, 2018, 09:28 PM
RE: My unicorn got run over by a tractor - by Raven - May 02, 2018, 11:04 PM
RE: My unicorn got run over by a tractor - by Raven - May 03, 2018, 01:34 AM
RE: My unicorn got run over by a tractor - by Raven - May 05, 2018, 07:02 PM
RE: My unicorn got run over by a tractor - by Raven - May 07, 2018, 02:20 PM
RE: My unicorn got run over by a tractor - by Raven - May 07, 2018, 10:31 PM
RE: My unicorn got run over by a tractor - by Raven - May 08, 2018, 10:01 PM
RE: My unicorn got run over by a tractor - by Raven - May 09, 2018, 12:52 AM
RE: My unicorn got run over by a tractor - by Raven - May 09, 2018, 02:50 AM