Frogspawn Swamp I was the lightning before the thunder
34 Posts
Ooc — Fira
Evening breathed a sigh of relief when the woman didn’t seem to care at all that she’d been sprayed with water. Besides, in reality it wasn’t making much of a difference, probably. This copse of trees were protecting them from some of the rainfall, but they were still getting rained on. What they really needed was a burrow somewhere, or a cave, or a rock outcrop. But this was a swamp. Evening had to assume that caves and outcrops were a no-go, and she figured holing up in the ground while it was raining would probably not help much. She imagined all the little snake and rabbit holes were filling with water right now.

She was brought out of her string of thoughts by the woman’s voice asking why she was hanging around a swamp. “I…” Evening wasn’t sure how to answer that. It was dark and she wasn’t sure how much of her coloration the other wolf could see. “I… have a condition,” she finally admitted, not seeing why she should lie to this wolf. “I can’t really go out in the sunlight because I sunburn really easily and I can’t see very clearly. The sun makes my eyes hurt and my vision blurry. So I mainly stick around forests or other shaded areas so that I have somewhere to hide during the day.” She had been about to continue, to tell this woman about how she had run away, how her family had treated her, how she didn’t know how to hunt big game, but she shut her mouth quickly. This woman she hardly knew did not need to hear her life’s story.
I will exit a thread after 10 days of no reply. Feel free to do the same.
Messages In This Thread
I was the lightning before the thunder - by Rosalyn - May 18, 2018, 12:59 AM
RE: I was the lightning before the thunder - by Evening - May 25, 2018, 01:21 PM