Broken Boulder "Did I haunt you, like a ghost?"
Raise a glass to freedom
129 Posts
Ooc —
The moment her head turned to regard him with a gaze of chocolate, his heart almost stopped beating in his chest. It was Liri. As if his thoughts had summoned her from the depths of the past, as though she were stepping from a story he might as well have made up... but she was here. Real, alive. 

So caught up was he in the shock, the realisation of who this woman was, that he did not first take notice of the scars littering her pelt. Her features were much the same as he recalled them to be, though the eternal wounds marking her body had grown in number, and her leg was, well... destroyed. A soft gasp fell from the man's lips, the first sound he'd made since she turned to face him - battered, bruised, but alive. 

"Liri." He whispered, lavender eyes blinking out of sheer bewilderment. Her reaction was similar to his own, as though they'd both imagined their previous encounter and thought themselves to have conjured this odd bond. No doubt, his heart belonged very definitely to Mira, but he felt a need to protect this ghost. It was a peculiar instinct. He supposed... seeing her in such a state, he wished only the best for her for the rest of her life - he'd never wish harm upon anyone, and it truly did look as though Liri had seen the darkest sides of the world.

In flooded the questions, and Horosk had to take a brief step back to be able to acknowledge what she was saying - he was... he didn't even know! He was utterly stunned. He certainly had not predicted this encounter. "I..." He began, though his brows furrowed at her last statement. "No... it's okay, you don't have to avoid me. It's.. it's really good to see you. I mean, I wasn't-" The agouti man blinked again. "I wasn't expecting you to come here, but you don't have to leave or anything." The guilt lacing her voice made him feel penitent. He wanted to be there for her, even if they were to be nothing more than friends and he had so many questions, so many worries. As long as she didn't take flight now, maybe he'd get a chance to ask (though he definitely did not want to pry on things he should keep his nose away out of).
Messages In This Thread
"Did I haunt you, like a ghost?" - by Síff - May 21, 2018, 10:51 PM
RE: "Did I haunt you, like a ghost?" - by Horosk - May 28, 2018, 11:18 AM
RE: "Did I haunt you, like a ghost?" - by Síff - May 28, 2018, 11:58 AM
RE: "Did I haunt you, like a ghost?" - by Horosk - May 28, 2018, 03:20 PM
RE: "Did I haunt you, like a ghost?" - by Síff - May 28, 2018, 04:16 PM
RE: "Did I haunt you, like a ghost?" - by Horosk - May 30, 2018, 02:11 PM
RE: "Did I haunt you, like a ghost?" - by Síff - May 30, 2018, 02:51 PM
RE: "Did I haunt you, like a ghost?" - by Horosk - June 16, 2018, 12:01 PM
RE: "Did I haunt you, like a ghost?" - by Síff - June 18, 2018, 10:30 AM
RE: "Did I haunt you, like a ghost?" - by Horosk - June 24, 2018, 06:11 AM