Heron Lake Plateau Wait, there's no such thing as unicorns?
1,002 Posts
Ooc — Houkie
Midwife
Master Medic
Towhee was furious, and while she might have feared her rage would stress Raven out, in truth the healer was heartened by it. She wanted anger and retribution more than she wanted sympathy and condolences. The latter made her feel powerless, victimized. The former made her feel strong, like there was something she could do. At the very least, she knew that she wouldn't have to worry about Screech anymore. Between Towhee keeping an eye open at the borders and Quixote protecting her here, the ex-Redhawk would be hard-pressed to get anywhere near Raven.

Towhee angrily demanded to know where he was, and Raven shook her head. -"Not sure. I stripped him of the Redhawk name and kicked him out."- She had no idea which direction her brother had gone after leaving the plateau, and frankly she didn't care. As long as it was away from here, it didn't matter what the compass point was. The boy was lucky -- had she not been teetering on the edge of death, she might have killed him.

She swallowed, feeling the now-familiar lance of pain in the damaged muscles of her throat as she did. -"There's...something else you should know." She was nervous now, feeling a cold well of fear and uncertainty in her gut. She leaned into Quixote, taking strength from his solid presence and the warmth of his side. Talking about this last night had not been pleasant for either of them -- and for a brief, terrifying moment, she'd been afraid that Quixote might react irrationally and leave her -- but it was necessary. They needed to know the whole truth. -"A few months ago, right before Qui and I got together, Screech...raped me."- It was like pulling out a thorn that had been festering in her ever since that strangely disturbing night. Her eyes lingered on Towhee more than anyone else, for it was her reaction that the alpha feared the most. Not her reaction toward Screech, but rather her reaction toward Raven herself.
Messages In This Thread
Wait, there's no such thing as unicorns? - by Towhee - June 18, 2018, 09:27 AM
RE: Wait, there's no such thing as unicorns? - by Raven - June 18, 2018, 10:30 PM