Heron Lake Plateau when you kiss me, heaven sighs
Newcomer
337 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
All Welcome 
Ref tags! :)

The journey had been relatively silent, though Blondine was mostly to blame for that. Even if she had had the energy or the spunk to spark up a conersation with @Caiaphas, the young Abernathy was well aware that her efforts would be in vain. Even with living and travelling together, the two of them hadn't gotten much closer. Normally, the distance would have bothered Blondine, but she was quick to find that she was content with things staying the way that they were.

Nonetheless, she had bigger things to worry about now than Caiaphas and the pups. Being accepted into this pack meant that she had to work, and she very much intended to. The sun was falling and the land was beginning to cool down, so Blondine set out to find something to bring back to the cache.
a determination so powerful it could turn the sky storm black
683 Posts
Ooc — Athena

Ceara was doing much of the same.  Although she was always working hard, now that the puppies were here she had kicked into overdrive, fueled by a posessive nature towards the Redhawk's children and the alpha-mother herself.  Where that came from, she didn't know... but she didn't digest it too much.

She caught the newcomer walking around that evening and let out a friendly chuff, sunset hues reflecting off her fiery pelt as she approached.

Newcomer
337 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
The first thing that Blondine thought of was Indra, but their last encounter was the second. She licked at her snout pensively and huffed, returning the firey femme's greeting. Howdy, she called, voice just as warm and welcoming as usual. Even with the long list of feelings that her brain was running through, Blondine knew better than to mess up a first impression. Lovely day we're having.
683 Posts
Ooc — Athena

Even if Blondine would've been a bit rude, Ceara likely would've attributed it to the family's travels.  She knew little of Caiapahs and her band of misfits other than what had been presented while they were trying to join, but if Blondine had been there for all of it, things must've been rough.

Hey there, she said, casting her head up to the sky at the Southerner's second comment, Sure is.  What's good?

Newcomer
337 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
What's good? Northern colloquialisms never ceased to amaze. I figured it's a nice enough day that I ought to make myself of some use. Nodding her head, Blondine motioned for the stranger to follow after her, hoping that she could multitask. I need to start a new herb cache. One of my own, I mean. After all, group caches were great, but who was a healer without her own supply?
683 Posts
Ooc — Athena

Would this be a good time to geek out about her garden?  I don't know much about herbs, but I've started a garden that you're welcome to take from as long as you let me know.  I was thinkin' about getting a second one started up sometime if you'd like to help with that.  There were plenty of ways she figured she could help Blondine pull her weight, and thus far she didn't mind the woman's company.

As for herbs, I can give you a general layout, if you want.  Is there anything specific you're looking for?  I can point you in the right direction.

Newcomer
337 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Well, this conversation couldn't have gone any better! I'd be honored, Blondine replied, more than happy to help out with natural affairs, but I think I ought to at least learn your name first. I'm Blondine, Blondine Abernathy. A moment passed for introductions before the second concern was addressed. 

While having a certain goal in mind might have been more useful to them both, it occurred to Blondine that she hadn't had a clue what it was that she was looking for. Anything will suffice, I suppose, she said, hoping not to make their interaction too difficult.
683 Posts
Ooc — Athena

Ceara was about on the same wavelength as Blondine.  She almost regretted not wanting to bring the strangers in, because this girl seemed really eager to be helpful.  I'm Ceara Blackthorn.

She took a few steps forward and swung her head for Blondine to follow her.  Sure.  Got more than enough yarrow to last us a lifetime, but anything else would be helpful.  I.. honestly don't know a whole heck of a lot about herbs, so if you see anything... I could stand to learn a thing or two.

Newcomer
337 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Me? Replying? What??

It's a pleasure to meet you, my dear, Blondine replied with a smile, noting just how nicely the name seemed to flow. Ceara; it was her first time ever hearing it, despite being as well travelled as she was. A happy thought passed through her mind, but the moment passed once she realized who the star of it was.

Anyway.

Blondine shook her head as if to free herself of the troublesome memories, then turned back to Ceara to reply. As you can see, she mused, my eyesight isn't at its best. I reckon I won't be of much use in that regard.