Mount Apikuni you soon find you have few choices
bit my wings and ate them whole
47 Posts
Ooc — thalia

she resides close by @Barracuda, now, rarely leaving the nook they share save to wander the mountain in search of more stones. she has no qualms about sleeping near to him, not when already they have touched and danced intricately. 

she wakes early that morn to find the stilt-legged male slumbering yet, and unnoticed and unfelt does she extract herself from the cave, slipping up the rock to where she found the rock with embedded crystal days ago, too big to seize in her jaws and too heavy to move. she will find more, she decides, and as such begins a careful search of the periphery of the large stone, snippy muzzle pushing through stones and pebbles, utterly engaged.
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
Early morning meant Kavik was doing his usual patrol, occasionally stopping to sniff something that caught his attention or scent mark to ward off unwanted company. They weren't planning on staying here much longer, but temporary borders helped ease some of his constant worry. 

When he came upon Quail, she appeared to be searching for something, her tiny earthen-colored form moving about with purpose. She was especially tiny compared to his own towering stature, her coat in complete contrast to his own inky black fur. He had not talked much to this recruit, and he wanted to make sure he knew all of the members of his new pack, so he moved towards her, chuffing to alert her of his presence and to avoid startling her.
I'm no good without you
47 Posts
Ooc — thalia

her fangs closed around a promising find that she pulled carefully back from the pile, intent on washing it thoroughly with her tongue and inspecting the tiny thing. yet rock crumbling underfoot had her pause, nose working and gaze darting up to catch a dark man - not barracuda, but kavik - in her sights, and immediately did her ears fold and her tail tuck close, crouching low to the earth as her gaze settled on her chin. she wavered there, and if he were to push, or step near, she would quickly roll over onto her back, exposing her underbelly and curling her tail in tightly. utmost and total submission before leaders. an easy law and one she followed naturally and completely.
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
He froze when her posture shifted to one of submission. Her reaction was a little peculiar; he hadn't ever presented himself in a way that implied he demanded submission from his subordinate pack members. In fact, he made a point to appear open and respectful of all the members of the group. So to see her all but cower in his presence seemed more like an unthinking reaction on her part. Still, he didn't want her to feel like she owed him unyielding submission, so he stayed where he was and calmly said, Please, that is not necessary. You're free to regard me as fellow packmate and speak freely. The thought that he would demand that type of behavior from the wolves he vowed to keep safe just seemed so wrong. He wanted to earn his packmates respect and loyalty, not get it out of fear and forced servitude.
I'm no good without you
47 Posts
Ooc — thalia

her gaze travels to rest on his chin, and she unfurls a fraction. she does not meet his gaze. "as you will."  she offers only, voice quiet and compliant. she has nothing of value to say, and thus what use is the ability to speak freely? she does not say this. she is only bold in regards to Baracuda, and mostly because he is fascinating. 

quail has drawn a dozen lines in between the wolves she follows, deciding based on silent observation where they stand in regards to one another. the male is mated to the pale one, and seems close too to the one of few words. she remains silent, knowing that no words offer more information than poorly targetted questions - one she would not dare ask, anyway.
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
He relaxed a little now that she had brought herself up from the ground, although she still refused to look at him; it wasn't something he would push her on, though. He remembered what she had been doing before he made her aware of his presence and asked, What were you looking for? attempting to keep his voice soft so as not to elicit any more submissive posturing from the female. Maybe she needed help finding something, or maybe it would help him better understand the curious wolf sitting before him.
I'm no good without you