Duskfire Glacier Just moving on, living my best life.
5 Posts
Ooc —
genghis could now, with great confidence, say he understood why he tended to let the forests belong to the wolves.

besides the lack of grass, it was impossible to get anywhere. it was not made for him, that much was immediately clear; branches tangled and snapped against his sides, snagged in his mane, and all the fallen trees and errant rocks proved far too much of a hazard for him to safely take anything more than a very slow trot. if there was a place he felt safe to settle, it was not this one, and when the trees finally broke to a lake surrounded by a tangled overgrowth of grass the mild irritation that had worked its way up through his trek resolved itself in a deep sigh.

better. he looked up, nostrils flaring, head moving slowly from side to side as he took in the situation and ticked off the usual boxes. there was no scent of predators, nothing out of the ordinary; the grass was not that long that it would conceal anything capable of doing him harm, and there were no overhanging cliffs or crags for something like a lion to hide. what there was -- across the water -- was a caribou. one brown eye rolled to fix briefly on it. not a particularly common sight, nor completely alien.

one which meant it was more than likely safe for now, if neither had noticed any potential threat. 

he shook his mane out and took the couple steps remaining to the edge of the lake. the water gleamed clear as crystal in the sunlight, baring the silvery gleam of fish underneath, and mirroring the caribou's pose he lowered his head to drink.
Messages In This Thread
Just moving on, living my best life. - by Bells - August 04, 2018, 12:48 PM
RE: Just moving on, living my best life. - by Genghis - August 04, 2018, 01:15 PM
RE: Just moving on, living my best life. - by Bells - August 04, 2018, 09:18 PM
RE: Just moving on, living my best life. - by Genghis - August 04, 2018, 10:00 PM
RE: Just moving on, living my best life. - by Bells - August 04, 2018, 10:22 PM
RE: Just moving on, living my best life. - by Genghis - August 04, 2018, 11:56 PM
RE: Just moving on, living my best life. - by Bells - August 05, 2018, 07:28 PM
RE: Just moving on, living my best life. - by Genghis - August 10, 2018, 01:53 PM
RE: Just moving on, living my best life. - by Bells - August 11, 2018, 01:54 PM