Heron Lake Plateau I'm a police officer. I'm a police officer and I want a cup of tea.
97 Posts
Ooc — Bryndel
That antler was totally moving. Owen would have sworn to it, as his anxious eyes snapped onto the bony white thing's form once again. It didn't seem very impressed by his signed threats...but maybe it didn't understand ptero, now that he thought about it. Regardless of the lurking antler's recalcitrance Quixote heroically stalked over to toss it away. Owen lowered his head and squinted into the sun-bleached waving grasses after the thing: it was pretty hard to make any of it out but her swore he could still see just a tiny white sliver there, watching and waiting...

Oosha etsfahnuff? he asked dubiously, along with an, - I dunno... maybe safer to move it a little further 'way from the densite, - ...because of course Owen was really just trying to make sure his sisters and mother were kept safely away from the thing. Yeah, sure, that was it. Totally selfless. See, Owen could be just as heroic and saving-of-others as Quixote! His skinny little tawny-furred chest puffed itself out a little at the thought. - I think it could still sneak up on unknowing wolves if it stays there in that grass, - he added for good measure. After all, didn't sneaky creatures who went out hunting sometimes hide in the tall grass deliberately before they pounced? Of course they did. Raven had warned them of such things. In fact... Owen tilted his head way back and squinted suspiciously up at his father for a moment before his young eyes were inexorably drawn back to where he thought he had last glimpsed that sneaky antler. Surely Quixote wasn't trying to help the antler sneakily conceal itself for its final ambush, now, was he...? Owen found himself just a wee bit mistrusting of this...especially since Daddy was the one who'd brought the antler within reach of pouncing on innocent Owens in the first place, after all. Owen watched closely to make sure Qui put the thing sufficiently far away and totally out of sight, and didn't just shuffle it sideways or something to where it could still reach puppies pretty easily in a single bound.
Messages In This Thread
RE: I'm a police officer. I'm a police officer and I want a cup of tea. - by Owen - March 22, 2019, 06:23 AM